I've also driven both the S with PASM and TT

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2003, 01:19 PM
beemaze
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post I've also driven both the S with PASM and TT

A few impressions:

I was actually impressed with the S's torque and acceleration to the 60's. The TT did not feel that much quicker, but I bet the difference between the two will be more apparent at 80+ mph freeway speeds and passing. Unfortunately, my local dealer is 10-15 minutes away from the freeway, so the issue was a moot point...

The S I drove had the optional air suspension.
The ride on both was very smooth and comparable to my sister's X5 3.0, but not as smooth as say my brother in law's Range Rover HSE which I drove right after visiting the Porsche dealer. Ride quality is not that important to me, but I did not notice any difference in ride quality with the S's 18" wheels and the TT's 20 inchers.

I really appreciated the sport mode on the Cayenne's PASM, the shock's were noticeably firmer, but not much more so...Impressive for a "truck" if that's what you want to call this thing. Though the Cayenne feels more like a car on stilts.

Very tight turning radius and very little body roll in tight corners. We did several donuts in a vacant parking lot.

The transmission was nice for an automatic as I noticed on the turns it would hold the gear and not upshift while breaking.

Things I didn't like:

The driver's seat felt cramped. I'm only 5'7" and I just felt tight in the driver's seat. Maybe I hadn't adjusted the seat correctly or maybe it's that handle bar next to the transmission area. I know the dimensions are comparable to the MBZ ML and X5, but the interior felt smaller.

I noticed the Xenon's on the TT were fogged up after the heavy rains here in SoCal.

The sunroof was really small.

Some wind noise at 60-70 mph, though not as much as my wife's MBZ ML430. Plus it was a windy day...

The price difference between the TT and the S with the same options is around 18 Grand. I'm not sure the TT is worth the difference. And to think the price difference between a Carrera 4S and Carerra turbo is double that!

There were no markups at this dealer.

Quick Reply: I've also driven both the S with PASM and TT