Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACURA MDX VS CAYENNE

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 11:37 AM
Jack Ennuste
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very little to compare. Better not to...
Old 04-08-2003, 01:24 PM
JLJ

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Jason Jenkins:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Colm:
<strong>With all the money saved on MDXs, you think some of it might make it into the membership coffers?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">ha ha point taken..i will do that asap..</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">am i blind or where do i buy a membership??
Old 04-08-2003, 03:54 PM
Tom D's 993
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with everyone else who say a comparison is not fair. My wife and I put 42,000 miles on an MDX purchased new in October '01. We test drove an S last week. As is the case with most of these comparisons, the European, American and Japanese manufacturers all have different takes. The MDX (Dr. X) certainly is more utilitarian on a daily average American commuting basis. Ours averaged around 20 mpg. Before the MDX, we had a Durango with the 360. Also useful, but with similar acceleration only averaged 14 mpg. MDX definitely was more modern and civilized. Did either of us ever look forward to driving either after a long day of work....No!
The S was a fun driving experience. My wife said she would actually look forward to driving it. (We both wish it came in a stick though!) It's seating position, great brakes, engine note and flat cornering made it much more fun to drive than any other SUV we'd driven.
So would you rather drive a Taurus over a 5 series? Sure the BMW is smaller, costs more and has less usable space, but ultimately you get what you pay for.
Old 04-08-2003, 11:55 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jason,

On the left hand side of your screen, click on "Go to the Main Rennlist web site" and then you will see a heading for membership....follow the bouncing ball!

Quick Reply: ACURA MDX VS CAYENNE