Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2002, 05:53 PM
John H. in DC Area
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by cmoss:
This is--I think--a point often overlooked by the anti-pepper crowd. You just know that engine is going to be used with other P-Products. Makes one drool/babble/etc.<hr></blockquote>

I don't think the anti-pepper crowd has overlooked that point. It's just that they would rather have seen the drool/babble-inducing P vehicles in the first instance.
Old 12-24-2002, 08:40 PM
mpm '95 C4
Pro

[quote]Originally posted by John H. in DC Area:
<strong>I don't think the anti-pepper crowd has overlooked that point. It's just that they would rather have seen the drool/babble-inducing P vehicles in the first instance.</strong><hr></blockquote>

F'in A Bubba...
Old 12-24-2002, 10:44 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by CmackG:
<strong>Huh? I don't think any 4X4 will have an extra 4 feet (+/-) of suspension travel..... Maybe an H1, but no range-rover will get 4 wheels on the ground in that situation.

I think the real story here is that someone drove a car into an otherwise impossible position. No one would really get themselves where the Porsche is, and for all I know, any other 4x4 would handle this just as well.

Sort of seems like a show shot only....</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hmm.. Here is "show" Picture I took of my Jeep Cherokee a couple years back...

Note that the right front tire is 32" off the level ground and the other tires are still in contact. Ok really only 2 since the 3rd is just an inch or so up in the air.

Using this sort of flex is nothing unusual for a real 4x4.
Old 12-24-2002, 10:57 PM
M758
Race Director

Now this is just sick

No it is not broken..
No it is not stock.
Yes that IS a license plate..

Here is a link to a write up on the truck if you are interested..<a href="http://www.4wdandsportutility.com/features/03024wd_crok/" target="_blank">C-Rok</a>
Old 12-25-2002, 02:39 PM
dawktah
Racer

What is the likelihood that in a situation like this you would need traction on all four wheels? Seems to me two on opposite corners should suffice?

Doesn't the "off-road package" allow the roll-bars to be disconnected. No picture has been released of this in use.
Old 12-25-2002, 07:15 PM
M758
Race Director

[quote]Originally posted by dawktah:
<strong>What is the likelihood that in a situation like this you would need traction on all four wheels? Seems to me two on opposite corners should suffice?
</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well with open differentials like sold on 99% of new trucks the opposite wheel will spin and you go nowhere....

Now with locking diffs it is not so bad, but you still have less traction.
Old 01-02-2003, 04:50 PM
Difference Engine
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[quote]Originally posted by John Hunt:
<strong>Kinda makes you wonder what bent when it came down??</strong><hr></blockquote>

Probably nothing. Wheels in the air when four wheeling is no big deal.

[quote]Originally posted by RobertG:
<strong>well, anyone that knows anything about 4x4ing knows that that is exactly the wrong thing to see. You want 4 tires on the ground at all times. That photo really proves that the suspension is too tight and has very little travel. That photo shows me that the pepper isnt a real 4x4 like a Range Rover. I wish someone had a RR and did the same thing. You'd see how much more suspension travel the RR has. Guys, that photo somes shows some serious 4x4ing weakness.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Have you seen the suspension flex on the new Range Rovers? It doesn't flex that much more than the Cayenne, and definitely not as much as the pre-BMW RRs. The new suspension on the RR is a big mistake IMHO.

[quote]Originally posted by CmackG:
<strong>Huh? I don't think any 4X4 will have an extra 4 feet (+/-) of suspension travel..... Maybe an H1, but no range-rover will get 4 wheels on the ground in that situation.
</strong><hr></blockquote>

An H1 (or an H2 for that matter) has IFS and IRS. It will not flex any more than the Cayenne.
Old 01-03-2003, 07:42 PM
ZAMIRZ
Three Wheelin'

[quote]Originally posted by Difference Engine:
<strong>

An H1 (or an H2 for that matter) has IFS and IRS. It will not flex any more than the Cayenne.</strong><hr></blockquote>

H2 does not have IRS, it is based off the Chevy Tahoe / GMC Yukon platform (IFS, solid axle out back).......making it the sorriest excuse to blow 60 grand when you can have a plusher, more comfortable and better looking car for $20,000 less. H1s have independant suspension all the way around.

later,

amir
Old 01-04-2003, 12:52 PM
Difference Engine
Racer

[quote]Originally posted by ZAMIRZ:
<strong>

H2 does not have IRS, it is based off the Chevy Tahoe / GMC Yukon platform (IFS, solid axle out back).......making it the sorriest excuse to blow 60 grand when you can have a plusher, more comfortable and better looking car for $20,000 less. H1s have independant suspension all the way around.

later,

amir</strong><hr></blockquote>

You're right. My bad. H1 is fully independant, H2 has IFS only. It's still quite lame.

Quick Reply: Cayenne on 3 wheels