Sponsored by:

LA Auto Show Cayenne and Toureg photos+others Prt1

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 07:09 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts
Robert,
Wendy would go with a darker interior [dirt issues!], The radio is concept!! But wasn't it gorgeous!!!!! Maybe ford won't ruin Aston dowmarket like they did Jag....
Old 01-07-2003, 07:54 PM
02barebones996c2
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i saw the cayenne and i like, the styling is different, i think thats one of the reasons why i like it. my mom like it's too and she wants to get one as soon as possible

i sat inthe cayenne, in the front it provided good leg room for me, i like the interior styling alot and im 5'10 also robert if you are 6'9" You would have a hard time fitting in almost any car..

i especially like the brushed almuminum trim in around the windows looks great with a contrasting color like lapis blue...

also as for the interior plastic pieces.. what car company does not us plastic piece, when i had my 98 mbz clk320, under the hood the motor looked good until i discovered that the only thing that made the engine looked good was a use plastic piece....

YES !I repeat it again i like the Cayenne, so does my mom and my fiance
Old 01-07-2003, 09:55 PM
mpm '95 C4
Pro

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by John Hunt:
<strong>The Audi is the same platform as the Cayene isn't it?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Yes I believe this is the same unibody that the T-egg and the P-fish share. Perhaps this is the begining of what we are in store for...

BTW, IMHO the VAG body designs are being heavily 'borrowed' from by other manufactures. The TT verses the Lexus coupe (and even the new Z from certain angles), the A6 and the Ford 50?, and the Avantisimo was ripped off by the new Dodge hemi. This Pikes Peak look the closest to the Avantisimo to my eye...
Old 01-09-2003, 06:20 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 724 Likes on 334 Posts
I have a long torso so I'm not happy that the VW/Porsche combo doesn't have the headroom. I was thinking that we would sell our 2002 GMC Envoy for the VW (I like it better than the Porsche) in a year or so but now I'm not so sure. I like our gmc. Its a good crap hauler but the fit and finish horrible and the black paint is poor.
Old 01-10-2003, 10:37 AM
RobertG
Racer

you know what? the Honda Element had a fit and finish as good as the Cayenne. The paint was equal also, tons of leg and head room!. Great crap hauler. I'm NOT into Japanese cars at all but I was so amazed at this car and what a great value it was as daily commuter and crap hauler.

Quick Reply: LA Auto Show Cayenne and Toureg photos+others Prt1