Placed order for TT

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 12:48 AM
dawktah
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Placed order for TT

Hello everyone!

My order for a a TT went in today. It went in under some irritating circumstances. The collapsible spare in not available!!! So I had to either take delivery with _no spare_ or choose the externally mounted option! I could have chose the tire pressure monitoring and winged it, but having had a blowout in the past on the highway, on a clear sunny day, I need a spare.

It is a complete mystery as to how this device works. It electrically swings out of the way. My dealer was unable to answer whether it works with electrically closing hatch. He also said Porshe has given no window as to when they will figure out issue with spare. According to him the Bose subwoofer and amps are taking up too much space and the "Ingenur's" at Porsche have to figure this one out. Is Bose the audio system outside U.S.?

He was also unable to tell me if it will be resolved by the time I take delivery in March.

For those who have taken dleivery, are you without a spare or have the externally mounted option?

The other options I lost are the heated rear seats, which I can do without, I'll never be back there (c: along with four zone climate control. I also had to go without the Burr Wood. Other than that I am expecting eveything else as origianlly desired.
Old 12-19-2002, 03:33 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts
certain colours aren't available yet either, the prosecco silver, the dark burr or light wood, the 4 zone a/c, 19" wheels or soft leathe seats.

the non-available list for the S is even longer

anyone who wants to see the option not avil. list can send me a fax number and i'll pass it on
Old 12-21-2002, 12:32 AM
brickerson
Advanced

[quote]Originally posted by Dawktah:
<strong>Hello everyone!

My order for a a TT went in today. It went in under some irritating circumstances. The collapsible spare in not available!!! So I had to either take delivery with _no spare_ or choose the externally mounted option! I could have chose the tire pressure monitoring and winged it, but having had a blowout in the past on the highway, on a clear sunny day, I need a spare.

It is a complete mystery as to how this device works. It electrically swings out of the way. My dealer was unable to answer whether it works with electrically closing hatch. He also said Porshe has given no window as to when they will figure out issue with spare. According to him the Bose subwoofer and amps are taking up too much space and the "Ingenur's" at Porsche have to figure this one out. Is Bose the audio system outside U.S.?

He was also unable to tell me if it will be resolved by the time I take delivery in March.

For those who have taken dleivery, are you without a spare or have the externally mounted option?

The other options I lost are the heated rear seats, which I can do without, I'll never be back there (c: along with four zone climate control. I also had to go without the Burr Wood. Other than that I am expecting eveything else as origianlly desired.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Care to share the spec?
Old 12-21-2002, 12:44 AM
dawktah
Racer

As of 12/18/02

Titanium Metallic
20" Sport design
Porsche Entry and Drive*
Parking Heater
Roof Transport System
Externally mounted Spare*
Roll-up sunscreen
Moonroof
Fire Extinguisher
Black Leather
Non-smoker
PCM with compass
Tire-pressure monitoring

*currently attempting to delete
Old 12-21-2002, 11:51 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's "Porsche entry and drive" ?

Security feature?
Old 12-21-2002, 11:55 PM
dawktah
Racer

Order Modified

Porsche entry and drive, External Spare and switched to the 19" rims completed.
Old 12-23-2002, 12:25 AM
dawktah
Racer

[quote]What's "Porsche entry and drive" ?
Security feature?
<hr></blockquote>

This feature allows you to walk up to and enter the vehicle, start it and drive away by only having the key in your pocket. I am assuming the key uses your body as an antenna since you have to reach for the door in order for it to work.

In the winter time this feature can come in handy. I however decided to delete it since you still have tomanually lock it by pushing button on outside door handle.

Quick Reply: Placed order for TT