European delivery

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 05:48 AM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by steve_Cayenne
Grüetzi Dana,

Are you telling me Jerry (or Pepper09TT or whatever his true identity is), not only screwed up my plans, but he did so by deceiving me with the wrong castle?

I will never look at my panorama roof the same way!
You just want to go to Hohenzollern...its a short drive from Stuttgart... Neuschwanstein is in the middle of no-where and overrun with tourist (and buses).

But "Grüetzi" is 400 meters south of me... (Switzerland)...I really dont understand much Schwyzertüütsch and speak even less. But at least I can read it.

Are you doing a Euro delivery soon?
Old 08-27-2012, 10:09 AM
steve_Cayenne
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since Schwyzertüütsch is not a formally written language, must be tough to read as well!

So I guess your location should read "just north of Denver, and part time just north of Switzerland"

I had already ordered my Cayenne when I had the urge to do Euro delivery, called up the dealer to enquire about adding that "option" and promptly got the "you need to mention that before dealing, and signing, as the allocations and financials are different". Oh well, thinking about a Boxster next year, still have another chance! As long as Euro delivery does not entail full MSRP vs several thousands in discounts! But would be nice to drive through Germany and Switzerland with an open top convertible, instead of some Opal rental!
Old 08-27-2012, 08:08 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Hey Steve, your dealer may be talking through his hat.
We ordered ours, then changed our mind and it became a ED before the lock in date. No difference in price.
What dealership are you using?
Old 08-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Nhirsch
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Dealer may not know he gets an extra car to his quota so it's actually advantageous for him to allow you ED option.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:51 PM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

But would be nice to drive through Germany and Switzerland with an open top convertible, instead of some Opal rental!
Dont discount the Opel rental.

I had a weekend that I flew into Frankfurt and had a meeting in Darmstadt so I rented a car (went to the n-ring).

It was an Opel Insignia OPC. It was not bad speed wise. It went 250kmh....
Old 09-02-2012, 11:53 PM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Since Schwyzertüütsch is not a formally written language, must be tough to read as well!

So I guess your location should read "just north of Denver, and part time just north of Switzerland"
I should probably change that.

I used to live 70% of the time near Geneva (so it was Switzerland).

Now I am 60% in Baden-Wuerttemberg and 40% Denver. No more Suisse.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:57 PM
micha007mk
Track Day

Hello to all
my first post, i've finally managed to wear my wife down and convince her that we needed a porsche Cayenne ...but one of my selling point to her was that we could do the ED and pick it up on our next vacation.

i went to my local dealership and managed to negotiate a 4% discount (is this good???) however after the negotiating i mentionned that i wanted to do the ED and the salesman asked me to chose between the ED and the discount cause he couldn't do both!

My 4% represents 2,869$...what should i do? go to another dealer? is this fair?

also i noticed that he included a charge of 1115$ destination charge (i understand this) however he also included a 950$ prep charge, is this standard?
Old 10-31-2012, 05:37 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by micha007mk
i went to my local dealership and managed to negotiate a 4% discount (is this good???) however after the negotiating i mentionned that i wanted to do the ED and the salesman asked me to chose between the ED and the discount cause he couldn't do both!
4% seems to be the norm. People have gotten better and worse, but 4% seems to be the most common.

Unfortunately the ED response is what you'll get anywhere. Mine still would have given me a bit off (returning customer), but no where near the 4% I did get off it by skipping ED. The gist of it is that Porsche is playing with numbers to make it seem like you aren't paying for ED anymore, but the reality is that they are just charging the dealer the old fee that used to be passed directly on to the customer. Given that I can kinda understand the dealer's perspective. My understanding, however, is that by selling an ED car they are supposed to get a free allocation which (unless all they do is sell ED cars) mean a net win for them even with a discounted ED car.

So you can try arguing with them or talking to another dealer, but I don't think you'll have any luck.

also i noticed that he included a charge of 1115$ destination charge (i understand this) however he also included a 950$ prep charge, is this standard?
Sounds like you might be getting a bit shafted there. Don't know your location so I don't know if your distance from port justifies a higher destination charge, but my dealer's prep/processing fee is only $200 (MD dealer).
Old 10-31-2012, 07:21 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 131 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by micha007mk
Hello to all my first post, i've finally managed to wear my wife down and convince her that we needed a porsche Cayenne ...but one of my selling point to her was that we could do the ED and pick it up on our next vacation.

My 4% represents 2,869$...what should i do? go to another dealer? is this fair?
4% isn't outstanding but it's not bad. I got 5.5% on my 2011 Cayenne S but obviously it varies from dealer to dealer, whether you are a repeat customer, time of year, etc.

I did tourist delivery on my '09 Carrera S and got a 6% discount, but at that time TD was a $2250 option. Now it's no charge. My understanding is that the dealer now bears the cost associated with TD and that may be why he doesn't feel that he can deal on the price of the car. You could try a different dealer or see if this one will split the difference. Good luck and BTW, if you haven't done it before, tourist delivery is totally worth doing.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:03 PM
PVP2
AutoX

Default European Delivery

Originally Posted by tomgpsu1
From reading the posts, many feel European tourist delivery and chance to visit factory sounds like a great experience.

Seems Porsche does not give discounts for European delivery, does anyone know what it cost to get European delivery for a 2013 Cayenne?

Euro delivery is no cost to customer, includes one night hotel, 2 wks insurance and tour. It is awesome. I am waiting for my 911s to arrive.
QUESTION: I have a quoted delivery date late Nov. It is on the water now. Do you think it will arrive exactly on the quoted date, or is there a chance it could come in early?
Old 12-12-2012, 12:10 PM
micha007mk
Track Day

Has anyone done the ED with children, i'm ordering a Cayenne on Friday to pick up in June, so i'm wondering if my kids will be allowed to come along as it would be a great experience for them, also i wonder if they have child seats i can rent or do i have to lug them around the airport with me?

any comments or insight would be appreciated.
also thanks Hirsch, i was ambiguous at first about doing this but after looking at your pics i knew that i would really enjoy it.

P.S i have 2 girls, 3 years old and 6 years old
Old 12-12-2012, 03:29 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Hey Micha,

We didn't bring any children with us on our ED, but a family was on our factory tour. They were picking up a Hybrid Cayenne and heading to the coast. Their children didn't need child seats, but I did see seats in the delivery centre. I would ask PCNA if they will be able to lease you them (they leased us a GPS for our trip.)

Bring your children! A great experience for them to see their new car, the factory and Europe!!

I believe the delivery centre will be very accommodating.
The pictures don't bring you the great experience you will enjoy by doing ED.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:08 PM
micha007mk
Track Day

Thanks RESP, I don't think I'll be able to get much sleep from now to June, I'm so excited !
Old 12-13-2012, 02:46 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Micha - You will have a great time!!

Ask for extra track time and make sure you do the off-road component.
It was amazing to see what the Cayenne can do off-road!
And I have actually used the learned skills in the real world.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:37 PM
micha007mk
Track Day

just to let you guys know, the dealership said that they will equip with child seats, they asked me the ages and weight to make sure they have the correct ones.

RESP as much as i'd love to do the offroad i would feel strange to unnecessarily punish my cars even though i'm sure it will be able to take it. i'd be scared to screw something up and get stuck with a brand new car that needs to be fixed.

Quick Reply: European delivery