Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

600 mile TT update

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 09:51 AM
rijk365gtb4
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car and driver was complaining about the weight, but not only is the Maybach heavier, also the VW Phaeton. I have no problem with it. I keep it 95% of the time in sport suspension.
Old 08-08-2003, 11:40 AM
dawktah
Racer

Originally posted by wesnichols
Just got my TT Tuesday--and notice the warning that the back hatch is open. What's the fix on this? Dealer only or something I can do?
Which one is giving you the warning? Glass or door? The glass hatch needs to be closed harder than "feels comfortable" for it to latch. The door alignment can be off a bit so power close won't grab, but again need to close a little harder than with a C or B.
Old 08-08-2003, 11:56 AM
hyroller
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just love the Cayenne TT. I have about 2200 miles from new.Picked it up in Jax FL and drove 500 miles to the NC mountains.If you guys think the Pepper drives great on the highway just wait until you get the opportunity to drive in the mountains! For its weight it handles beautifully. On the twisties its nothing short of remarkable,its just a great vehicle. Fuel consumption is showing 12.4 mpg avg on the computer. My only problem funnily enough has been the rear cargo door. I guess that I should have ordered the comfort package with the power rear door latch. I am checking with the dealer about retrofitting the pull down motor catch. Seems like it would be a simple fix.
I find that driving in the mountains needs to be in manual mode almost exclusively,highway I keep it in auto,using the Tip steering wheel control for downshifting/passing. I agree that anyone who is in the SUV market that gets to test drive a Cayenne will be won over. Great job Porsche!
Old 08-08-2003, 01:38 PM
RAKLAW
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I keep my TT in manual 100% 0f time, from day one. It does not run hot so as to concern me. (not up to 3/4 mark)My hatch was not properly closed upon my delivery, make sure it is closed??Did you get electric comfort pkg?
Old 08-08-2003, 04:47 PM
rijk365gtb4
Advanced

I have 5200 miles on the car, for a while I drove it more than the Daytona. Power corrupts. However, slowly I'm coming down to earth. Like with any highly capable modern car, you get used to it. You have to do highly illegal things, to keep the same rush. The nice thing of an old Ferrari (or old Porsche for that matter) is that the car keeps you engaged at any speed. Driving the TT made me think about getting a modern sports car again. But now, getting too used to the power of the TT, the combination I have now, is ideal for me.
Old 08-11-2003, 06:57 PM
rijk365gtb4
Advanced

So, I guess the black TT's are in the majority
Old 08-13-2003, 02:50 AM
wesnichols
Track Day

RE: the hatch warning (as well as the low tire pressure warning), I took my TT to the Beverly Hills dealership and they were great--rolled me right into the service bay and 3 guys started working on it (without an appointment).

The hatch was simple: the door (not the glass, which is where I had focused my energy prior) was not being shut hard enough. The technicians knew some cars had the electric closers, and some don't (comfort package)...I do not. We shut the door very hard and the warning has stayed off all day.

RE: the tire gauge, I suspect that will become an annoyance as it is very sensitive, and even lights up after the tires have cooled and are not as full as when the car has been driven and the tires heat up. However, the guy showed me the toggle on the steering stalk to get the graphic that shows the tire pressure by tire, which is cool (and comforting when the warning light goes on - this way I know if there is a real problem).

After 105 miles from when I took delivery this week, I'm blown away. This vehicle has far exceeded my expectations (which are high when plopping down $90k+)! Same thing from the 3 technicians, which is probably why they all volunteered to help! One guy had just had the TT on track, along with GT2 and GT3 and said it was comparable and held its own. Encouraging since I have raced by 996 frequently at Laguna Seca and Willow Springs, and figured I should trot the TT out there.

Incredible speed, handling, agility--logic defying comes to mind.
Old 08-14-2003, 01:45 AM
wesnichols
Track Day

Went by the dealership (Beverly Hills Porsche) yesterday and they were great--rolled me right into the shop and 3 guys came over to help. Bottomline was I was told to shut the glass portion very hard to prevent the warning, but the problem was the actual rear door. Closing much harder than you'd expect, it worked. They mechanics were perplexed that some cars had the auto closing mechanism and some don't (I believe it is part of the so-called Comfort Package).

Now if the tire sensing gauge could be fixed that simply...but I guess I'm too ****-retentive to deal with warning lights on all the time!
Old 08-14-2003, 11:15 AM
RAKLAW
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have same TPMS issues with my TT> Warning light comes on even if one tire is only 2psi low, (41 0n rear with 19's). Light goes off after a few minutes of drive. Better safe than sorry, but i always cringe when I see a warning.

Quick Reply: 600 mile TT update