Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with Tequipment Sports Tailpipes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 11:22 PM
DanP
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Matt,

Just noticed that you have the side-molding. Did you install that yourself or did it come that way?

It blends in very nicely, better than expected.

But from the pictures it seems a bit too low to offer much real-world protection, thoughts?
Old 06-26-2003, 02:37 AM
Matt C
Addict
Rennlist Member

Dan,
Thanks for mailing the pics of the tailpipes. I hope you don't mind that I post them for ngfan:

<a href="http://gallery.rennlist.com/cayennegallery/album02/aaa" target="_blank">Pic 1</a>
<a href="http://gallery.rennlist.com/cayennegallery/album02/aab" target="_blank">Pic 2</a>
<a href="http://gallery.rennlist.com/cayennegallery/album02/aac" target="_blank">Pic 3</a>

Side-moldings: Ordered them after delivery and had them installed by my dealer. They are delivered "unpainted" but with a "positioning help". Installation took half an hour, they're just glued. I think they look good and they have already paid back: Some stupid idiot who had parked next to me must have opened his door ... (you certainly know the rest of the story). However, thanks to the side-moldings, there's just a small scratch on the molding, but not on the door. I'm sure that will happen again (as there are just too many of this careless idiots out there). But then I can just have the moldings repainted as the doors will still be untouched. I guess that proofs that they offer real-world protection!

Mudman2,
The silver trim around the PCM is part of the aluminium sports package option.
Old 06-26-2003, 04:07 AM
ngfan
Instructor

Thanks, Matt, for posting the pics. This gives a much better impression about the look in the real world than in a catalogue.

Mudman2,
Just to add: The silver trim around PCM comes with the wood trims also.

BTW: Thanks, Porsche, my waiting time is coming to an end. My pepper should be build until mid-July for pick up in Leipzig.
Old 04-17-2004, 01:41 PM
ngfan
Instructor

I decided to contribute to Porsche's excellent financial results and finally bought those Tequipment sportpipes. And that's the result:

Old 04-17-2004, 01:55 PM
gpto
Advanced

Default I've ordered my S with the sport pipes

I've ordered it with the sport pipes tequipment factory options, I've ask my dealer about the rear valance, and he said that the factory will change the S rear valence for the TT one 'cause it's a condition for the sport pipes...................but for the same price, it's included on the option.

bye

Quick Reply: Anyone with Tequipment Sports Tailpipes?