Sponsored by:

Option availability / delivery times

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 12:52 AM
IndyTim
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Option availability / delivery times

I just wanted to do a sanity check on what my dealer is telling me.

First, I've heard from more than one source that all options listed in the brochures and in the web configurator will be available in June. (e.g. 19" wheels, wood trim, front/rear heated seats). That being the case, dealer says he can place my order at that point. Says he can't place the order before options are officially available, since system will kick the order back.

Second, once car is ordered, he expects delivery in early to mid-September. I told him I had to have it in time for the US Grand Prix ,and he states we should be ok.

What is everyone else hearing?
Old 05-28-2003, 12:58 AM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Wow hes a little off. I placed my order 4-22 for a June build which would put the vehicle in the states and to my door around mid July. Your dealer should be able to change a July Production vehicle that would get you your car in August. July build may be coming to a end soon..
Old 05-28-2003, 01:02 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 904 Likes on 532 Posts
July build may be coming to a end soon..

I hope so, my TT is a June build.
Old 05-28-2003, 01:13 AM
IndyTim
Intermediate

Kevin and Doug - What have you heard about option availability? For example, the larger wheels if you happened to order them.

I'm wondering why, if my options are supposed to be available in June, the car can't be built in June, and then shipped for late July/early August delivery. Doesn't this make sense?
Old 05-28-2003, 01:37 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
As of two weeks ago, the only option not available is the detachable anti-roll bars (as part of the off-road technology package.)
There might still be some EPA/DOT red tape on the heater thingy.
It would be ambitious to expect a June build to be rusting in your driveway in July. August would be more likely the case.
Old 05-28-2003, 03:54 AM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Tim.. Carrera Gt is correct.. all options are currently available and have been since 4-22-03.
Bascially it can't be built in June because your dealer didn't go in and change your car earlier in May, probably becuase he didn't even know the options were available. So you cannot change anything in June since its only 3 days away.. only July build dates are changeable... Porsche has a lack of communication with its dealers.. I informed my dealer that the options were availale when I read it on another forum at the end of April.
Old 05-29-2003, 12:34 PM
P-seller
User

well actually, we recieved a memo from our friends in distrubution dated May 23 suspending the following options on S and turbo until further notice.......

7X2 park assist
1N3 Servotronic
CS5 20" sport design wheels
4F6 Entry and Drive
1G1 18"collapsible spare
3Y4 roll up sunscreens
3S8 roof carry system
9AH 4 zone air
PD3/4/5/6 Electric comfort pack

Peace
PS
Old 05-29-2003, 01:45 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I just heard the park assist has been suspended (apparently due to problems, not just parts availability) but I guess as long as VW and Porsche are sorting out their suppliers (in terms of availability and quality) various options will fall out of supply -- presumably once Porsche confirms and locks in building a spec, the customer can be assured of receiving all options.
I noticed my local dealer isn't even trying to fill my spec right now (I stipulated including the detachable anti-roll bars) and on the list of delays, there's also the rear roll-up sunshades (which I think should just be a standard feature.)

Given the car market presently, I don't mind waiting a few months to see how things go. Plus, there's the Touareg in July.

Quick Reply: Option availability / delivery times