Sponsored by:

Cayenne S vs. X5 4.4

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2003, 01:49 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm.....

Apples and oranges. Garnish to taste and enjoy them....
Old 07-14-2003, 10:15 AM
LSM
Racer

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Cay-ute:
<strong>Wow, I thought Jerry Springer was only on TV and radio. The original question was about what folks thought of comparing the X5 and Cayenne. What I have been reading has more to do with genetics, child rearing, marriage counseling and fiscal responsibility.

LSM, you started most of this crap with your, "I don't really want to start a fight... but I will". You are not much of a poker player are you? Starting your flame with the statement that the X5 is the best SAV, give us a break, it may be a great SAV, but it is nowhere near as capable as the Cayenne, which is an SUV, the operative term being "utility", the X5 simply does not offer the same broad based utility as the Cayenne. Some people need utli

I considered both, drove them pretty extensively, and settled on the Cayenne for my needs. I was put off by the stories that many people posted here describing the reliability and poor service issues that they had with their X5s. I did not depend on the automotive press to convince me which vehicle worked best for me. That is not where I look for my "facts". You must be one of those guys that believes everything they read in the newspaper.

Face it LSM, you screwed up with your original post, stating your bias (masquerading as your opinion), and you got called on it, hope you enjoyed the ride, I know that I did!!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">With all do respect, I never brought up child rearing, genetics, or anything else that is not directly related to the question. BTW, how would you suggest I express an opinion that I feel your beloved car is the inferior product. I tried to do it as civil as possible and look what happened. Everyone has their panties in a bunch. I never got called out on anything. If someone asks me what I prefer, should I just conform because my opinion differs? As far as you personal attacks and suggesting I am gulible. Believe what you wish, if it makes you feel better about your purchase, great, I am glad I could be of service. Its nothing personal buddy, I answered a question and I stick by my answer. Any other additional info I provided spoke of my situation and where I was coming from. I have never owned an suv, so the extra utility/off-road capabilities of the Cayenne are not important to me. If I were buying an suv it would be the X5, plenty of utility for my needs, plenty of towing capacity, never go off road. Ok, we all ok now? If you would like to continue the personal attacks feel free, doesn't bother me one bit. I would suggest however keeping this topic true to the question posed.

-Lou
Old 07-18-2003, 05:52 AM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 384 Likes on 224 Posts

FYI the current administration is not responsible for the tax regulation that allow qquicker depreciation on 6K plus vehicles. Those regs have been in place for many, many years now and were formulated by Congress not a particular president.
Old 07-18-2003, 08:52 AM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

George from MD

"Those regs have been in place for many, many years now and were formulated by Congress not a particular president."

My understanding is that as part of GeoW's tax package, You are able to accelerate depreciation on business equipment up to $100,000 in this tax year, on equipment purchased after May 7(?)/03. This aspect is new.......
Old 07-18-2003, 09:22 AM
George from MD
Drifting

I think you're right but I'm no tax pro. I just know folks who've been taken advantage of the deduction for years.
Old 07-18-2003, 11:00 AM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

It was $24K last year and was just increased to $100K in May.
Old 07-18-2003, 11:19 AM
George from MD
Drifting

Whoa time for a new X5!!! No, make that a Cayenne. No, I'm not sure.

OK back to the beginning of this thread!!
Old 07-18-2003, 11:23 AM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

I couldn't (and still can't) see a huge difference between the two.....so I am going to buy a Cayenne Turbo instead (if it makes it through the port with the Parking Heater option).
Old 07-18-2003, 11:45 AM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by George from MD
Whoa time for a new X5!!! No, make that a Cayenne. No, I'm not sure.

OK back to the beginning of this thread!!
Buy the Pepper S and a boat (like I am). The X5 will only be able to tow your *** around..........

Quick Reply: Cayenne S vs. X5 4.4