Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just placed my order... thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 02:35 PM
alexaqui
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Just placed my order... thoughts?

Hi all. I just placed my order for a 2013 Cayenne Diesel. Here is how the order stands:

2013 Cayenne Diesel
18" wheels (standard)
White exterior
Black interior
Premium Package
Bose Package
PASM
Rear sunshade
Trailer hitch
Roof transport system

I'm tempted to upgrade to the full Premium Package plus as I am already paying for the rear sunshade. Is that worth it?

Also, thoughts on the roof transport system? We have a baby on the way and I expect we will use it a lot. I am also a cyclist/triathlete, so as we travel with the child, I'm expecting to put the bike on the roof. Is it a major pain to get it up there?

Also, is PASM worth it with the 18" wheels? I hear it can make the ride a lot more comfortable, which may be a bigger issue with larger wheel.

Thanks in advance for any input! I have a few days before it is locked (July build).
Old 05-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 478 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by alexaqui
Hi all. I just placed my order for a 2013 Cayenne Diesel. Here is how the order stands:

2013 Cayenne Diesel
18" wheels (standard)
White exterior
Black interior
Premium Package
Bose Package
PASM
Rear sunshade
Trailer hitch
Roof transport system

I'm tempted to upgrade to the full Premium Package plus as I am already paying for the rear sunshade. Is that worth it?

Also, thoughts on the roof transport system? We have a baby on the way and I expect we will use it a lot. I am also a cyclist/triathlete, so as we travel with the child, I'm expecting to put the bike on the roof. Is it a major pain to get it up there?

Also, is PASM worth it with the 18" wheels? I hear it can make the ride a lot more comfortable, which may be a bigger issue with larger wheel.

Thanks in advance for any input! I have a few days before it is locked (July build).
Could the bicycle not go on the hitch, saving you the purchase of the rack? That's what I do with my Cervelo.
Not sure the PASM helps that much with the ride, but when equipped with the Air suspention it sure will. However you are riding on 18"'s, not sure your ride will need further "comforting".

My $0.02 worth.

Bruce
Old 05-09-2012, 04:50 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We went with the premium plus. The seat cooling feature was worth it. Sunshades do lots of duty in the summer and winter.
We have PASM & air suspension on 18" wheels. Very happy with the comfort & sportiness levels.
If you are loading things in and out a lot, the air suspension load height makes a difference as well. Especially with a roof rack
Old 05-09-2012, 05:12 PM
alexaqui
Racer

Good points. I'm leaning towards the roof rack as I already have the attachments from my Cayman S. If I go with the hitch, I'll have to buy another rack; doesn't the hitch mounted system get in the way of the operation of the rear trunk door?

I'd love to go air suspension, except that starts pushing the car even further into the crazy price point. I am a bit concerned about loading that roof rack. Do I trade the premium/premium plus conveniences for the standard convenience package to pay for the air suspension? Too many choices!
Old 05-09-2012, 05:45 PM
s4treg
Instructor

Whatever you chose I'm sure you'll be happy.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Cowboys5
Instructor

I also have a Diesel on order (June 26 build completion date). FWIW, I went with the premium plus package, as I wanted a couple of other things that were already in the plus package. For me, it actiually saved me a few bucks and gave me a few extras. As for PASM, I thought long and hard on it and asked a lot of knowledgeable people for their advice. My conclusion was that since it will be driven as a DD and is a Diesel (as opposed to a Turbo), I would be unlikely to notice any difference. BTW, when I discussed my dilemma with my very good salesman, he talked me out of the PASM based on my planned use. YMMV. Good luck, and good to see the Diesels selling!
Old 05-09-2012, 06:14 PM
alexaqui
Racer

Originally Posted by Cowboys5
I also have a Diesel on order (June 26 build completion date). FWIW, I went with the premium plus package, as I wanted a couple of other things that were already in the plus package. For me, it actiually saved me a few bucks and gave me a few extras. As for PASM, I thought long and hard on it and asked a lot of knowledgeable people for their advice. My conclusion was that since it will be driven as a DD and is a Diesel (as opposed to a Turbo), I would be unlikely to notice any difference. BTW, when I discussed my dilemma with my very good salesman, he talked me out of the PASM based on my planned use. YMMV. Good luck, and good to see the Diesels selling!
Thanks for the input. My salesman is also advising against getting PASM, especially with 18" wheels. Perhaps I should listen to his advise and free up the 2k. This vehicle will be used as a DD and possibly a tow vehicle for my Cayman to track events.

I'm also starting to view the Premium/Premium Plus as a more of a Convenience vs. Premium Plus choice given that if I do go Premium, I may end up with some features.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:42 PM
BSL
Three Wheelin'

I am pro roof rack. From a longer-term standpoint, the benefit of the roof rack is you can add a cargo carrier to it, and throw the bikes on a trailer-hitch carrier.

Quick Reply: Just placed my order... thoughts?