Sponsored by:

Decided to sell my GTS...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 12:27 PM
GTS Jay
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AdMan21
Are you afraid of repairs? I know coming from a P!G you shouldn't be-but I almost pulled the trigger on an 05 s4 with the same v8...Especially the issue with the crank shaft rail made of plastic. I'd probably still get one because I'm a risky kinda guy..but at that moment I couldn't pull the trigger.

Thanks for the write up on your impressions, I also would like on that doesn't have the long wheel base, but they seem more difficult to find. Maybe I'll just try my luck at an s4 this time and hope for the best.
I'm not sure if "afraid" is the right word but I'm certainly not looking forward to repairs. I haven't yet decided if I want to get a warranty yet. I don't know if I should spend $3 - $4K on a warranty or just put some money aside for repairs and pray that I don't need any huge dollar work done. Any thoughts? I'm probably only going to keep the car for 2, maybe 3 years max...
Old 05-21-2012, 12:29 PM
GTS Jay
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jes999
What did you get for the GTS?
I priced it at $52K with a 3.5 year warranty and a set of practically new winter wheels/tires and I ended up getting $47K without the warranty & wheels/tires. I'm getting $3400 back on the warranty and I'll sell the wheels/tires which are probably worth around $1500 so all in all I'm pretty satisfied...

Quick Reply: Decided to sell my GTS...