Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about selling my GTS… Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Norske
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Jay,

pay no attention to our brethren. They are just envious. None of them have posted pix of ther SO's.

I do not believe they even have SO's.

Either they post pix with the SO attached, or it is not real
Old 04-04-2012, 04:11 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jay, if The (future) Wife wants to see a Toyota in her garage instead of the P!G, you buy the "Honey, YES!" stamp, memorize this Chris Rock passage and Obey The Wife.....

Brilliance begins at the 1:00 mark
Old 04-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Cole
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking

Just need to find a SO as into cars as you are
Old 04-04-2012, 09:37 PM
GTS Jay
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Divot
I can't envision any scenario where this does not end well. Next, you won't even miss watching your favorite sport on TV or spending time with those stupid loser friends you've had for years.

Good luck.
Did you mean to say you "can't envision any scenario where this does end well", meaning I'm doomed regardless? If not, I guess I don't understand (you guys already know I'm a bit slow). If yes, then I'll have to disagree. While she's not a car buff like we are, she's actually very considerate of my addiction, even though she doesn't quite understand it. She also loves football (knows more about it than I do), and she even enjoys some of my stupid loser friends! Thanks for the "good luck" though...

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Though I'm conflicted: Car vs tall, green-eyed brunette (got pics, btw?). Hm, hm, hm.... Tempting. I suggest reposting this in OT
So you got your pics, Pops - did I fulfill my obligation for this post now? I'm obviously conflicted as well, thus the thread. While I just may end up keeping the p!g, I know for sure that I'm not letting the brunette slip away. BTW - based on the picks, would you say her eyes are blue or green? Personally I think they're blue but she insists they're green. I suppose they're a bit of a blend...

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
How about "keep both?
I like your thinking - that certainly would be the ideal, Frank, and clearly it's an option that's still on the table. One of my scenarios will be this option for sure and if I'm really lucky this is how it'll work out, but my hopes aren't too high at this juncture. My favorite option for sure...

Originally Posted by Andy E.
Jay, you da man!
Thanks Andy - I'm lucky to have her. Not everyone has the same taste in the opposite sex, but she is the definition of what floats my boat...

Originally Posted by Cole
"How much for the women?"
Well, the way I think about it is that I only have one woman and one is all I want and certainly all I can handle. But since you said "women" (pl) that sparked a very interesting thought. Tell you what, Cole..., you're more than welcome to my ex-wife, but if you're truly interested I should be asking you that question - how much do you want to get her out of my hair? I'm willing to pay a substantial fee and perhaps even finance the transaction if I need to. Let me know how much you need and I'm sure we can work something out. Hey, how about if I just give you my GTS, with her in it?! That might work but I'll probably have to add some cash to sweeten the deal a bit. I was going to say she'll give you a run for your money but in reality she'll more likely just run with your money...

Thanks again for all the input and laughs guys. I hope you're getting as much amusement out of this thread as I am. If the mods feel it would be more appropriate in the OT forum feel free to move it over...
Old 04-04-2012, 09:49 PM
GTS Jay
Instructor

Originally Posted by Divot
Having now seen pics of both you and her, I'd advise a Yugo if that's what she wants.
Thanks David, but I'm not going to mention anything about a Yugo to her...

Originally Posted by Norske
Hi Jay,

pay no attention to our brethren. They are just envious. None of them have posted pix of ther SO's.

I do not believe they even have SO's.

Hey Norske - what an excellent point! OK guys/gals (are there any gals in this thread? I can't imagine as I didn't see even one "awww, how sweet..." yet), Norske suggests we even the playing field here - c'mon, post em up! I suppose we'd definitely have to move this to the OT forum in that case, but that's fine with me!

Jay, if The (future) Wife wants to see a Toyota in her garage instead of the P!G, you buy the "Honey, YES!" stamp, memorize this Chris Rock passage and Obey The Wife.....

Brilliance begins at the 1:00 mark
OMG - I was literally LOL - too funny! Thanks Pops! I think I'm afraid to show that to Linda!!!

Originally Posted by Cole
Just need to find a SO as into cars as you are
Actually my ex-wife was very much into cars. She got my A4, my Mustang GT, and my custom convertible 1973 Blazer that I built myself in the divorce. As I said, if you can get her off my back I'll give you the GTS!
Old 04-04-2012, 10:01 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GTS Jay
So you got your pics, Pops - did I fulfill my obligation for this post now? I'm obviously conflicted as well, thus the thread. While I just may end up keeping the p!g, I know for sure that I'm not letting the brunette slip away. BTW - based on the picks, would you say her eyes are blue or green? Personally I think they're blue but she insists they're green. I suppose they're a bit of a blend...
Jay, I hope you realize that we are just busting your ***** (or whatever is left of them, anyway )!

It's obvious that you've found The One in your green-eyed brunette, so don't worry about what some silly people on "the internets" think and just go with your heart

P.S. Quickly edit out the piece about moving this to OT. You do NOT want opinions of those who frequent that hell-hole
Old 04-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Lets see pictures of both before deciding.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:44 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 827 Likes on 509 Posts

Originally Posted by Norske
Here you go:

SO:

Mistress:

Should it be any other way?
Old 04-05-2012, 01:39 AM
Budget M3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
How about "keep both?
^^^ now that's some smart thinking...
Old 04-05-2012, 07:25 AM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Jay,

You've been more than a good sport about this. If you do push the P!g off the cliff, I hope you still check back here every now and then.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:02 AM
B_P
Intermediate

I had a 69 RoadRunner before I was married, sold it to buy my wifes wedding ring, best decision I have ever made. I LOVED that car, but cars come and go. When you find the one, you got to hang on it... also they will feel bad at some point and then you can get your self a new better car, hense the CTT I have now

good luck.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:32 AM
ArneeA
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jay, in all seriousness, what would you replace the GTS with? I don't believe it should be a question of keeping her vs keeping the car because 1) you might despise her for letting go of your toy and 2) she might feel guilty for being the reason that you don't have your toy.

My unprefeshenal opinion, I am neither a psych nor played one on TV.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Jay, I hope you realize that we are just busting your ***** (or whatever is left of them, anyway )!
His ***** are in the jar in the fridge....

It's obvious that you've found The One in your green-eyed brunette, so don't worry about what some silly people on "the internets" think and just go with your heart

P.S. Quickly edit out the piece about moving this to OT. You do NOT want opinions of those who frequent that hell-hole
Something tells me Pops is biased on this subject.... I wonder why?

All in good fun Jay!
Old 04-05-2012, 01:28 PM
GTS Jay
Instructor

I got exactly what I expected which is why I threw in the personal details regarding Linda & me. Without that we just would have had another one of those boring, run of the mill, "how much is my car worth" threads which is no fun. I've been involved with a few other forums and they all have their own personalities. What I've found with this one is a group of really fun folks who are witty, articulate, and dare I say, mature. Including some personal info sometimes is a good way to get to know each other a bit better.

I was on one of the BMW 3 series forums (which I won't name) for a while when I had my 335i and while there was lots of good information there, well, let's just say the difference in demographics is obvious. I may be 50 but over there I really felt like I was 50 as the main theme was "how much aftermarket stuff can you bolt on your car in a week and if you don't like what I like, well, then you suck".

Obviously you guys don't know me personally and as such you may not be able to decipher my level of seriousness or whether or not I've felt offended. Well, let me tell you, I'm almost never serious and I was absolutely not offended by even 1 letter in this entire thread. In fact, you guys are very graceful with your ball-busting in my book which allows us to have this kind of fun on a forum. I would never have posted a thread like this on that other forum - it just wouldn't have been handled well.

You guys are great & I hope you had as much fun with this thread as I did...

P.S. I hope all you ball-busters are just droolin' over my Linda. She's mine, all mine...
Old 04-05-2012, 02:02 PM
ArneeA
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GTS Jay
P.S. I hope all you ball-busters are just droolin' over my Linda. She's mine, all mine...
I've already printed the pics. Of course, I photoshopped the dudes out, whomever they are - I don't care.

Quick Reply: Thinking about selling my GTS… Thoughts?