Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about selling my GTS… Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 02:55 PM
GTS Jay
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about selling my GTS… Thoughts?

Hey guys…, I’m thinking about selling my 2008 GTS so I thought I'd solicit your your expertise on what a fair price might be with all that’s included. I LOVE the vehicle but I’m trying to focus on reducing expenses and increasing income for a while as I’m planning a significant addition on my house so that my lovely lass can move in with me after our still steamy 10 year love affair (I think we both deserve credit – me for holding out for 10 yrs and her for putting up with me for 10 yrs!). I’m sure most of you fellow enthusiasts can relate to how much she (referring to my GF here) means to me given that I’m actually considering giving up my 3rd child (I have 2 other “real” children 17 & 20 as does she, 20 & 22) to make room for her and her 2 great kids (yes, I know – most of them should be on their own by now and they are occasionally, but we still want to have the space for all 4 of our kids as we really enjoy having them around). And yes, I’d love to marry her if she’ll have me as I don’t want to risk her even considering an alternative. This is a totally new concept for me (giving up my motorhead passion for a while, not marriage) and when my siblings catch wind of this they’ll surely have me committed (they love Linda too but they won’t believe that I’d sell a car for love!).

Anyhow, on to “Peppa”… I don’t have any pics just yet but I’ll take a full set soon and will share them with you. That said, the vehicle is not showroom new (at least not to me) but whenever I introduce her for the first time, especially to my non-motorhead friends, I often get that question. She's clearly in great shape, but to my critical eye she does show a bit of normal aging here and there but nothing that would jump out at you. I’m not borderline OCD with care and maintenance, I’m clearly acute OCD…

Peppa is currently up to 25,200 miles of pure driving bliss, exclusively on-road. Pads & rotors are 5,000 miles old. Summer Michelins (OEM Lattitude Sport N0 295/35/21) are 2000 miles old (21” on standard GTS wheels). Winter Michelin Alpines mounted on 18” turbo wheels are 3000 miles old (wheels are 3000 miles old too). And, I also have a transferable warranty by CNA Warranty Corporation good until Oct. 20, 2015 or 80,000 miles, and the OEM warranty is good for just a couple more weeks (till April 22). Essentially she’s got a 3.5 yr warranty unless you drive a ton…

I’m the second owner so I don’t have the original window sticker, but I had my buddy Chris at Ira Porsche run a background check on her for me. She’s not fully optioned but she does have some very attractive, and sometimes hard to find packaged together, options with which she seduced me in the first place. Options such as PDCC, extended leather, heated rear seats, and thicker 2-tone steering wheel made her quite sexy in my eye. Oh, she's also got a Tooki in the dash for your bluetooth phone and is wired for a V1. Here’s the full rundown of how she was dressed from the factory…

2008 Porsche Cayenne GTS
VIN WP1AD29P98LA72781
  • Tiptronic S
  • Jarama Beige Metallic (fairly rare color?)
  • Extended Leather Stone Grey Interior w/Alcantara inserts & headliner
  • Floor Mats (2 sets – carpeted & winter rubber)
  • Light Comfort Package/Memory
  • Park Assist Front and Rear
  • Porsche Communication Management
  • PDCC (love this!)
  • Moonroof
  • Bi-Xenon Headlights w/ Washers
  • Sport Design package
  • Ski bag
  • BOSE(R) Surround Sound System
  • Stainless Steel Front & Rear Skid Plates
  • Aluminum Look Wing Mirrors (these, along with the skid plates look very classy on her)
  • Front & Rear Seat Heaters inc. Steering Wheel
  • 6-disc CD Changer
  • Indicator for Custom Tailoring (whatever that is???)
  • Instrument Dials in Sand White (goes well with the overall theme)
  • Thicker Steering Wheel 2 Tone
  • Original retail price $96,435.00

I’m still not fully committed to letting her go but given her background and amenities I thought I’d ask you guys for some input as a way to at least help me to get the ball rolling. Without the winter wheel package and warranty I'm guessing around high 40's or perhaps even 50ish? And with the winters and warranty...? Pics later this week if I can find the time…
Old 04-03-2012, 03:05 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This
Old 04-03-2012, 03:06 PM
GTS Jay
Instructor

OK - I'm getting a bit up there in age and perhaps a bit out of touch... Care to help me out with a bit of elaboration?
Old 04-03-2012, 03:56 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thread...
Old 04-03-2012, 04:00 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

IS
Old 04-03-2012, 04:23 PM
user 83838290
Banned

Received 471 Likes on 272 Posts

worthless
Old 04-03-2012, 04:29 PM
GTS Jay
Instructor

WoW - I guess I am getting old and slow!

OK, Ok... WITHOUT PICS!!!

I'll get them posted but it'll take a few days - just too busy with work....
Old 04-03-2012, 04:31 PM
GTS Jay
Instructor

...boy, do I feel sheepish...

I fell for that one big time!

Last edited by GTS Jay; 04-03-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:53 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GTS Jay
WoW - I guess I am getting old and slow!

OK, Ok... WITHOUT PICS!!!
and we're not talking about the car, btw
Old 04-03-2012, 05:22 PM
ArneeA
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought it was a given...
Old 04-03-2012, 06:40 PM
GTS Jay
Instructor

You guys are killin' me. While I'd be proud to post a pic or 2 of Linda (with appropriate attire of course) she'd surely kill me too...

OK, so I think I'm starting to catch on now. You guys want to see some pics of my honey so you can let me know if I'm completely out of my mind for even thinking about giving up my p!g to make her a permanent fixture in my life. I get it now - makes perfect sense. Unfortunately you're just going to have to take my word here because if I post the pics I'd be keeping the p!g for sure and using it for bait trying to get dates with women 25 years younger than I am. What I can tell you though is what I tell her all the time, and with 110% sincerity... - she's absolutely gorgeous (tall, dark sassy hair, and beautiful bright green eyes) and the most naturally sexy woman I've ever seen in my life. And what I mean by "naturally sexy" is that she just has that natural sex appeal no matter what - when she smiles she's sexy, when she's angry she's sexy, when she cries she's sexy, when she cooks she's sexy, when she does anything she's sexy - she's just that type who turns me on whether she's covered with dirt and sweat working in the garden or if she's articulating her disgust with me as I'm meticulously cleaning the locking mechanism for the hood latch with a toothbrush and a magnifying glass...
Old 04-03-2012, 07:04 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

A tall, sexy, green-eyed brunette.... Screw the P!G and don't forget to post the asking price
Old 04-03-2012, 07:31 PM
GTS Jay
Instructor

While we've been an item for the last 10 years, I clearly remember it was those beautiful bright green eyes that caught my eye the first time I saw her - they were just glowing from across the room. That was about 20 years ago when we were both married to our ex's. I'm just thinking that since we've known each other for the past 20 years, have been dating for the past 10, perhaps it's about time that I get off my non-committal rump and make sure I don't let this one get away. I've always had a thing for tall too but that's always been easy given that I'm only 5'8 (she's 5'7). Hmmm, next time she accuses me of being on a quest to be single forever I just might have to insist she read this thread (only if I actually do take action and give up the p!g, of course). I've always been great at taking action when it comes time to buy a new vehicle, giving them up, not so much...
Old 04-03-2012, 09:05 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
and we're not talking about the car, btw
If only it was a V6......
Old 04-03-2012, 09:14 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Jay, WTF?

Seriously man, go see a priest or something as the devil must leave your soul immediately; with all those evil thoughts of selling your GTS!

Now on a more serious note, when somebody is in d-e-e-p love for someone or something other than his pride & joy, you gotta go with your feelings. I admire you for your final decision and I hope that your GF appreciates the sacrifice that you're making....

Now, when are we going to see some pictures?

Quick Reply: Thinking about selling my GTS… Thoughts?