Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about selling my GTS… Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 09:38 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

If Jay lets me check it out, I will take some pics
Old 04-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 827 Likes on 509 Posts

Originally Posted by GTS Jay
While we've been an item for the last 10 years, I clearly remember it was those beautiful bright green eyes that caught my eye the first time I saw her - they were just glowing from across the room.
Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
and we're not talking about the car, btw
+1

C'mon don't keep us waiting as
Old 04-03-2012, 11:23 PM
ferraristyle
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless there is a car that you know can truely replace the GTS don't do it. I have done that in the past getting rid of things for money, girls, toys, whatever. Now in my workout room I have a picture of the Ferrari I used to own before selling it for some stupid reason. Every now and then I look at it and say why?????

For me the GTS is the pinnacle of the SUV world. I wanted a Cayenne so bad, saved up and bought an S last year but really wanted a GTS. Saw a GTS on the lot of a dealership and on a whim stopped to look at it. Realized you only go around once and money will come and go so pulled the trigger. She's staying with me until the Cayenne gets a facelift again cause I can't stand the way the new ones look.

Keep her bro
Old 04-04-2012, 02:14 AM
GTS 6 spd
Instructor

No harm in testing the waters, especially for such a worthy cause as love.

But personally I think you need to be prepared for low 40s. I think the market is getting softer on power SUVs.

Also, what's your replacement vehicle and at what point is the math no longer in your favor such that the net cash is not really enough to get you where you need to on the addition? If anything helps, then it's just a matter of holding out for the right buyer since the addition is such a long term prospect.

And finally, as a fellow GTS owner, it would be tough to let go of something that moves me so. Can't compare love and relationships with auto passion - on an importance scale, but car guys need a mechanical outlet, and I'd be careful about letting the GTS go for too little in the name of the project.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:12 AM
GTS Jay
Instructor

Originally Posted by touareg
If Jay lets me check it out, I will take some pics
Of course, of course... Got your PM - apparently we're just about neighbors! I'll send you a PM with my phone number...
Old 04-04-2012, 10:15 AM
GTS Jay
Instructor

Originally Posted by ferraristyle
Unless there is a car that you know can truely replace the GTS don't do it. I have done that in the past getting rid of things for money, girls, toys, whatever. Now in my workout room I have a picture of the Ferrari I used to own before selling it for some stupid reason. Every now and then I look at it and say why?????

For me the GTS is the pinnacle of the SUV world. I wanted a Cayenne so bad, saved up and bought an S last year but really wanted a GTS. Saw a GTS on the lot of a dealership and on a whim stopped to look at it. Realized you only go around once and money will come and go so pulled the trigger. She's staying with me until the Cayenne gets a facelift again cause I can't stand the way the new ones look.

Keep her bro
Originally Posted by GTS 6 spd
No harm in testing the waters, especially for such a worthy cause as love.

But personally I think you need to be prepared for low 40s. I think the market is getting softer on power SUVs.

Also, what's your replacement vehicle and at what point is the math no longer in your favor such that the net cash is not really enough to get you where you need to on the addition? If anything helps, then it's just a matter of holding out for the right buyer since the addition is such a long term prospect.

And finally, as a fellow GTS owner, it would be tough to let go of something that moves me so. Can't compare love and relationships with auto passion - on an importance scale, but car guys need a mechanical outlet, and I'd be careful about letting the GTS go for too little in the name of the project.
I know exactly what you guys mean - I can certainly relate. I love my GTS but I feel like I just need to get my mind wrapped around the bigger 5 year picture at this point and then make the appropriate adjustments. Thanks very much for your input - very much appreciated...
Old 04-04-2012, 10:25 AM
GTS Jay
Instructor

Originally Posted by Andy E.
Jay, WTF?

Seriously man, go see a priest or something as the devil must leave your soul immediately; with all those evil thoughts of selling your GTS!

Now on a more serious note, when somebody is in d-e-e-p love for someone or something other than his pride & joy, you gotta go with your feelings. I admire you for your final decision and I hope that your GF appreciates the sacrifice that you're making....

Now, when are we going to see some pictures?
Ha! Thanks, Andy. I should probably head over to the nearest neighborhood exorcist before it's too late, huh?

Clearly my girl & I are made for each other - it just works and works well. That said, she's got almost no interest in cars at all, and as such, if I sold the GTS and got into a 2001 4 cylinder Camry, she would probably consider that an upgrade and not at all a sacrifice ("See honey, don't you just love how nicely this reliable little Toyota rides, and it gets 3 times the mileage! What's not to like?") So, as you can see, I'll really have to play up the sacrifice pitch to get any sort of mileage out of it... Hmmm, perhaps that exorcist would be a good plan after all. I wonder if I can get my insurance to cover it?
Old 04-04-2012, 11:39 AM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Clearly my girl & I are made for each other - it just works and works well. That said, she's got almost no interest in cars at all, and as such, if I sold the GTS and got into a 2001 4 cylinder Camry, she would probably consider that an upgrade and not at all a sacrifice ("See honey, don't you just love how nicely this reliable little Toyota rides, and it gets 3 times the mileage! What's not to like?") So, as you can see, I'll really have to play up the sacrifice pitch to get any sort of mileage out of it... Hmmm, perhaps that exorcist would be a good plan after all. I wonder if I can get my insurance to cover it?
I can't envision any scenario where this does not end well. Next, you won't even miss watching your favorite sport on TV or spending time with those stupid loser friends you've had for years.

Good luck.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:43 AM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^

What she said.

Though I'm conflicted: Car vs tall, green-eyed brunette (got pics, btw?). Hm, hm, hm.... Tempting. I suggest reposting this in OT
Old 04-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

I believe 'Kooser' is in the Urban Dictionary.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:02 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Kooser's "shorty" is legitimately, no BS, beautiful. Pictures are still out there. So if she wants him to drive a Lexus and wants it to be a hybrid - then what mama wants, mama gets
Old 04-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 827 Likes on 509 Posts

Last one of just my sweetheart. So, does this sway your opinion on the direction I should take...?
How about "keep both?
Old 04-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Jay, you da man!
Old 04-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Cole
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
A tall, sexy, green-eyed brunette.... Screw the P!G and don't forget to post the asking price

"How much for the women?"

Old 04-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Having now seen pics of both you and her, I'd advise a Yugo if that's what she wants.

Quick Reply: Thinking about selling my GTS… Thoughts?