Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deposit placed on first Diesel Pepper. How should spec this thing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GuyIncognito
just cruising around the Cayenne diesel page on Porsche's website and noticed this interesting pic of the trailer hitch....anyone know the capacity on something like this?

I'm assuming to tow a race trailer you'd need a proper trailer receiver?
That looks like the Euro style trailer ball, I doubt that would be available on this side of the pond.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:26 PM
dencoop
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce R
Yip I'm No. 1 on the list for a Diesel Cayenne.
Comes with the 8 speed auto and is priced at $55k

I have decided I want the full natural leather interior in Espresso.
Other must haves include nav, heated & vented seats, tow package, Lane Change Assist, Sport Design steering wheel and larger wheels (but how big?).

I am considering the back-up camera, pano roof, xenon's and the high gloss black exterior package.
From the Exclusive options I may select grab handles in wood.

I want to take Euro Delivery in the Fall.

Thoughts?
Congrates !
I have been a long time BMW fan and my last 2 cars were E70 BMW X5 diesels.

I just did Euro Delivery of a 750 Active Hybrid in February and would love to do a Cayenne Euro Delivery.

I was hoping you guys can help me.

I just came back from the NY Auto Show and found out that for 2013 there is a Cayenne diesel

1. Can you please let me know if Porsche dealers are as flexible as BMW dealers. I typically get my X5s $500 under Invoice.

2. Can you do MSDs (Multiple Security Deposits ) to lower the MF on the lease ?

3. Does anyone have a great dealer they can recommend ? Even though I am in NY it should not matter the location of the dealer since I'll be doing Euro Delivery...

Sorry for the thread Hijack... I will deffinetly pay it Fe. If anyone is ever interested in anything BMW..

Thanks so much for your help.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:46 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 843 Likes on 518 Posts

In your area there are only two Porsche dealers I deal with: a) Town Motors in Englewood and b) Schneider Nelson in Long Branch, NJ. They are both very familiar with Euro delivery and I have bought cars from them. Price is a function of supply and demand and right now demand for Cayennes exceeds demand so they are priced accordingly.

Don't know how leasing works and how it would work with Euro delivery. You might have to go through Porsche Financial Services. They support the Euro delivery program.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
In your area there are only two Porsche dealers I deal with: a) Town Motors in Englewood and b) Schneider Nelson in Long Branch, NJ. They are both very familiar with Euro delivery and I have bought cars from them. Price is a function of supply and demand and right now demand for Cayennes exceeds demand so they are priced accordingly.

Don't know how leasing works and how it would work with Euro delivery. You might have to go through Porsche Financial Services. They support the Euro delivery program.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:39 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by GuyIncognito
is that plate real? if so how'd you score that?

also what about the CTS wagon? a bit bigger than an A4/3 series (I think)
That plate is real, but look closely the letters 'C F' follow 'DAD' It's one of NC's many specialized plates - you can even get one for ******** (dancing!) for gawds sake!

CTS-V wagon, now we talking. But like the AMG wagon it might be over the top. CTS wagon - blah....

Originally Posted by endless_corners
The allroad is coming back next year... but yeah the mid sized options are looking slim.
And so might the 5 wagon too, but I need to make a decision this year.

Originally Posted by rijowysock
the 958 cayenne surely doesn't drive like any SUV i've ever been in... i'd compare it more to a station wagon than an SUV by driving standpoints...

i cant tell you how many times people got in my cayenne and said "damn, this thing actually does drive like a sports car versus an SUV"

i think the cayenne will make a perfect car for you, but i feel that the panamera/991 upgrades in the 958 will have you ordering a PTS maritime blue 991 sooner than you think.
I'm going to do another back to back with my E39 & the Cayenne. I swear the E39 (it has rear air suspension) rides better than the Cayenne. It's subtle but with a steel suspension a car transmits more through the cabin, I believe. However I'm not sure the problem is worth $4k to remedy

I'm waiting for the GT3's & Spyder versions of the 991/981's to drop before ordering a PtS item, it's on my radar. If the Panamera & Cayenne come out of the same factory why can't I PtS a Cayenne but I can a Panamera? I think it's because the Cayenne body is made in Bratislava & completed in Leipzig. I wish I knew the real reason?

Originally Posted by ltc
The Cayenne diesel is a V6 ... therefore, the resale value is, well, priceless.
Diesel vehicles seem to hold there value pretty well & so do V6 Cayenne's. A diesel Cayenne well that should be depreciation proof!

Originally Posted by dencoop
Congrates !
I have been a long time BMW fan and my last 2 cars were E70 BMW X5 diesels.

I just did Euro Delivery of a 750 Active Hybrid in February and would love to do a Cayenne Euro Delivery.

I was hoping you guys can help me.

I just came back from the NY Auto Show and found out that for 2013 there is a Cayenne diesel

1. Can you please let me know if Porsche dealers are as flexible as BMW dealers. I typically get my X5s $500 under Invoice.

2. Can you do MSDs (Multiple Security Deposits ) to lower the MF on the lease ?

3. Does anyone have a great dealer they can recommend ? Even though I am in NY it should not matter the location of the dealer since I'll be doing Euro Delivery...

Sorry for the thread Hijack... I will deffinetly pay it Fe. If anyone is ever interested in anything BMW..

Thanks so much for your help.
Care to share why you would move from an X5 to a Cayenne? Just for the Euro delivery? (X5 is US based and not available for a Euro del.)
Old 06-26-2012, 10:08 AM
blazing928
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,
just going through the same process here [Australia]. Lots of diesels get sold here as our petrol is $1.50 a litre, so around $7 a gallon.....mostly taxes! Diesel costs more too. [more tax!]

Anyway , today we had a long drive in a MY12 Range Rover TDv8,the 4.4lt, to make a final comparisson with the CD. We drove a CS with air/pasm as well.
[we currently have a 03 X5 E53 4.4 sport]

The winner is the CD!!
It rides better than the RR, we have driven one on 20" & 21" wheels on steel springs.

The CD feels just as quick as the CS. That big thump of torque is very effective. It responds straight away, far more responsive than the RR, and I found the CS hesitated at times as well, and was a bit clunky. Not sure why, but it lacked the effortless speed of the diesel.

The CD rides quiet and handles the small sharp bumps well, even on 21" rims. The CS we drove only had 19" rims , so maybe the air was'nt making a big enough difference to the ride. Yes, comfort vs normal were slightly different, but not worth the extra $8000 it costs here. BTW, it costs $121.000 on the road here, after taxes etc. Sport was a bigger jump in small bump nasty, but no worse thna our old X5.

The CD is smaller inside than the RR, well no surprises there, but the seats are more comfy and the driving experience is on another planet. [The new RR coming is 400kg lighter so the 10year old design will be better.]
The Cd really drives well, turns in fast, has that ability to shrink around you. Loves a corner. I would even take it out for a Sunday drive for fun, something the RR would not encourage.
darting around corners you don't feel a lot of weight wanting to keep going in the other direction, its really well damped, feels like a proper car. Amazing! My wife loved it as well, even she could feel how easy it is to drive.
Wifey is also rather short and found the Rr seats to long, also the access height is an issue.
I am willing to live with the smaller space and a less comfy rear centre seat. Plus is that I will be able to reach the roof to load up the bikes!

Our option wish list is;
Sand White, maybe the Meteor grey
Panoramic roof, no buffetting at up to 50mph we tested it at
14 way comfort sets. Easy to slide in for shorter folks and the rear bench is again flatter so better for third passenger.
roof rails black - roof box & bikes
tow hitch - Ducati trailer
heated front seats
Bose sound, stock is not great
Mono chrome black ext pack
load space management.

would like but not the cost;
Bi Xenons are $4000
4 zone comfort, $2150 it gets hot and cold here in Melbourne. Was ace in the RR
21" turbos $12600 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! faaaaaaarrrrrk

At the end of the day here in Oz we have draconian speed limits, 3kmh over [1.6mph ] and you get booked, 60mph on country roads, mostly 30- 35mph around town. The diesel is well and truly more than fine. Its a bloody good car!
So a quiet , fuel saving, fun to drive car ticks the boxes.

Its a 4-5 month waiting list, so we are looking at the few demo or low Km second hand cars. I'd prefer to not get a full depreciation hit.
I have a 928S4 and we 'inherited' a 03 CL600 for speed, but the CL never feels small, rides ok but noiser than the CD, and if you want to know about service costs, well lets have a beer and where do i start!
Old 06-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Norske
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FWIW, the 21" wheels have a limited tire selection and the tires are very pricey. I would go with 20s or 22s if available.

Quick Reply: Deposit placed on first Diesel Pepper. How should spec this thing?