Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Cayenne Tailgate Hatch will not open -Fixed

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2021, 02:47 AM
Petunia88$
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, it is actually the back latch, not the window part, from reading this thread, it may be a fuse (31), battery problem, problem with the motor/electronics on the back latch, etc. It's pretty frustrating because I actually just purchased the struts to hold up the back hatch, it is heavy and there is no support, - that I was not worried about, but now today, the trunk/hatch will not open at all - it does make the whizzing motor noise, etc - but will not open or close, really bummed - have you had this happen? I think tomorrow I will try to climb through on the inside as shown in this thread. Of course, the dash signals and noise are non-stop too. Weird how everything can go wrong... it's hard to even know where to start.

Anyway, thanks for listening... I'm trying not to complain, just frustrated.. Let's keep this thread going - it sounds like a thing!
Old 11-05-2021, 08:55 AM
Klaird928
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

There are only two motor sound potentials. The motor that pulls the door tight and the motor that pulls the latch to open. The door switch only pops the glass open. I have had this issue too. My problem was a bunch of trash, deer corn, had got behind the lever that pulls the door tight. I cleaned it all up and it started working again. My guess is that there is something wrong with the motor that pulls it tight. The latch to open will not work from the outside if the door is partially open due to the latch not pulling tight. Once you crawl in the back and take the small back cover off you can pull the small lever to open the hatch. Use a strong stick or something to hold the door open. You should be able to look at the latch mechanism on the floor to see if it has full range of motion. Good luck
Old 11-16-2021, 09:41 PM
Petunia88$
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Everyone, thanks for the advise on this tailgate problem - Porsche 04 S here - so strange, mine would not budge, not with the key fob, manually, nuttin. I was planning on climbing to the back and seeing if I could sort it out. A few days later, it suddenly started working - no issues - no problem? I literally did nothing - wish everything could be this easy
Old 05-24-2023, 04:56 AM
shaii
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porche Cayenne 2014 model does not start properly and doors would not open

Hi my Porsche Cayenne 2014 is roughly starting. I had already changed my batteries. Last Saturday we went to the movies and when we came back to the car it wouldn’t start. So i thought it was just the batteries so i had to call to charge my batteries and it started to work again but i bought a duralast battery during that day just to be sure since the battery was not yet changed since 2019. So I installed it the day after. Everything was normal, we went to drive a 80mile destination and worked perfectly fine. However next day, the car door wouldn't open so its basically like dead again. So we had to call to open the doors. And i noticed that the trunk wont open it would sound like there is something that is going to hit it. So we went back to the shop to have it replaced (Batteries) because we thought it was only a factory error. And it works again but the day () after ( today) it would not open again (the doors) so we had to call again to open it. So right now were still clueless on whats happening with our car.
Old 05-29-2023, 01:30 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 139 Posts

Batteries do wear out, and a new one can be defective. Not terribly likely, but certainly possible.

But I'd wonder if yours is have alternator/charging problems. When you have the engine running what voltage does it show on the MFD? I would think any decent shop would test this, but...
Old 09-03-2023, 05:52 PM
ejspence
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How did you get the interior trim off while the rear lid is stuck shut?

My 2005 Cayenne symptoms match exactly this thread, and I see one of you solved it by removing the interior trim, but I can’t get it off. I can’t find any YouTube instructions or any other on line posts about how to remove this trim (even when the hatch is not stuck shut). I was hoping you could share more about how you removed the interior trim while the hatch door is closed.

All fuses are ok, the outside handle successfully activates the motor left/right rod that is supposed to unlatch the door, but the latch will not move far enough to unlatch. I tried to manually open the latch through the tiny square access panel (with a very large a screwdriver and a lot of force), and it will not budge. When I push the rocker on the driver door to unlock the rear lid, no click sound. So, my theory is that it’s the lower lock part that is frozen in the locked position. I am hoping if I get off the interior trim and can loosen the part mounted to the door, then it will open. I don’t think the lower part that I suspect to be frozen can be accessed at all while the hatch is shut.

Thank you in advance!

Quick Reply: Porsche Cayenne Tailgate Hatch will not open -Fixed