Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sold the 2012, I think EnigmaWmn wants me to order a 2013?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 02:08 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Exclamation Sold the 2012, I think EnigmaWmn wants me to order a 2013?

should i order a 2013 diesel Enigma? I think they'll be commanding a premium after everyone options them out +20-30k

:-p

FYI cayenne owners.... if you have a low options V6, China buyers are paying 12k over sticker right now CASH (up to 60k stickers) and dealers dont care about cars "swimming" overseas anymore (6 month rule has been eliminated).

SELL, SELL, SELL!...
Old 03-31-2012, 02:49 AM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

No joke. Sold my 14 mo old 2011 v6 with under 11k miles with a bumper and door blemish quickly for lease buyout price of $52k, MSRP was $63k in Feb. Bumper needed a $1k respray. Bad door ding required both doors to be resprayed for $1400. Listed it as is and had dealer from Vegas fly up the next morning to buy. I've sold many of my cars myself and I've never had this many responses for a car at this price point so fast. Guy who bought it planned to drive it for a while and list it overseas at a high price to see if anybody bites. Try leasing a Range Rover and selling it for the lease buyout price after a year.

Only have seen a couple v6 Cayenne's at my local dealer on the lot and they were both optioned above $70k and still sold within a couple weeks. Assuming US supply&demand stays as is, it's a great option to drive an awesome suv for short time for under $1k/mo. I'd do again but I got the g-wagon bug.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:57 AM
Gleek48
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you find a buyer in China?
Old 03-31-2012, 11:05 AM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ad on Claig's Rist.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:18 AM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, BUY BUY BUY another P!G, because it's very lonely without you here

PS. Driving a V6 loaner past few days while PCM is being replaced. You deserve $12k for putting up with that for a year
Old 03-31-2012, 11:53 AM
Km1.8t
Rennlist Member

Boy, you go through some cars. I hope the Lotus is still around.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:04 PM
Gleek48
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Divot
Ad on Claig's Rist.
Wow, that's what I thought. Would seem like a major hassle to export a car and have the possibility of a scam for $10-12k.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:59 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Same ****, different day.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:53 PM
ArneeA
Drifting

Originally Posted by Divot
Ad on Claig's Rist.
I got an e-mail from someone from Nigeria. Does that count?
Old 03-31-2012, 05:24 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Unbelieveable.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:32 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by daddyscar
No joke. Sold my 14 mo old 2011 v6 with under 11k miles with a bumper and door blemish quickly for lease buyout price of $52k, MSRP was $63k in Feb. Bumper needed a $1k respray. Bad door ding required both doors to be resprayed for $1400. Listed it as is and had dealer from Vegas fly up the next morning to buy. I've sold many of my cars myself and I've never had this many responses for a car at this price point so fast. Guy who bought it planned to drive it for a while and list it overseas at a high price to see if anybody bites. Try leasing a Range Rover and selling it for the lease buyout price after a year.

Only have seen a couple v6 Cayenne's at my local dealer on the lot and they were both optioned above $70k and still sold within a couple weeks. Assuming US supply&demand stays as is, it's a great option to drive an awesome suv for short time for under $1k/mo. I'd do again but I got the g-wagon bug.
thats really good considering the wear and tear, i am lucky to have no damage on my vehicle... but sounds like you got very good use out of yours.

Originally Posted by Gleek48
How do you find a buyer in China?
I posted the vehicle on AutoTrader, the buyer is actually a US based dealer that exports to china..

Originally Posted by Km1.8t
Boy, you go through some cars. I hope the Lotus is still around.
I regret it but i sold the Lotus about 3 weeks ago to a gentleman in SC, got ~12k over what I paid so it made perfect sense, down the road I will surely buy an S240 when price goes down a little... my S220 was lighter but I really like the interior and mohawk scoop on the S240.

Originally Posted by Gleek48
Wow, that's what I thought. Would seem like a major hassle to export a car and have the possibility of a scam for $10-12k.
I personally dont have to export anything, the US broker wired me funds and has a truck coming tuesday to transport to S. Fl to put on a boat/etc. I had my dealer broker the sale (Cost $500) to save $4,200 in sales tax on my 991... (even better!)

again, if you have a v6

SELL, SELL, SELL... i expect the demand to last a little while longer but as soon as they become more readily available (more used cars on the market) or the conversion rate not in our favor then obviously the demand will go down.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:16 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Dealer told me today the 6 month rule has indeed been changed by PCNA, its now 12 months
Old 03-31-2012, 08:08 PM
pg103
Instructor

Originally Posted by mudman2
Dealer told me today the 6 month rule has indeed been changed by PCNA, its now 12 months
How are you able to get the dealer to do the deal. I live in Tampa/St.pete also, and thinking about the same to get the 991? Thanks in advance
Old 03-31-2012, 08:21 PM
pg103
Instructor

Originally Posted by rijowysock
thats really good considering the wear and tear, i am lucky to have no damage on my vehicle... but sounds like you got very good use out of yours.

I posted the vehicle on AutoTrader, the buyer is actually a US based dealer that exports to china..

I regret it but i sold the Lotus about 3 weeks ago to a gentleman in SC, got ~12k over what I paid so it made perfect sense, down the road I will surely buy an S240 when price goes down a little... my S220 was lighter but I really like the interior and mohawk scoop on the S240.

I personally dont have to export anything, the US broker wired me funds and has a truck coming tuesday to transport to S. Fl to put on a boat/etc. I had my dealer broker the sale (Cost $500) to save $4,200 in sales tax on my 991... (even better!)

again, if you have a v6

SELL, SELL, SELL... i expect the demand to last a little while longer but as soon as they become more readily available (more used cars on the market) or the conversion rate not in our favor then obviously the demand will go down.

How are you able to get the dealer to do the deal. I live in Tampa/St.pete also, and thinking about the same to get the 991? Thanks in advance
Old 03-31-2012, 09:26 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mudman2
Sounds like something the dealer said versus PCNA, My dealer told me that they, themselves are even selling cars for export now (the whole 6 month rule was if the car got exported inside 6 months the dealer would get fined and subsequently the dealer would blacklist the client)... if the dealer is directly exporting now, then obviously the rule cannot still be in place or they would just lose their dealership.

Originally Posted by pg103
Tampa/St. Pete, i.e. Reeves and Bert Smith: good luck, i've NEVER been able to make a deal with either of them, they are always SKY high on prices and ROCK bottom on trade in prices.... Post your cayenne on autotrader... you can have the dealer do a "pass thru" and broker the sale (no clue on fee's here local, probably 750+500)... most dealers hate doing it because they'd rather give you nothing for your trade and rape you on the sale... but when you pass thru you have all the negotiation power.

Quick Reply: Sold the 2012, I think EnigmaWmn wants me to order a 2013?