Sponsored by:

Okay, don't laugh...

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 12:00 AM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Andy E.
The downside is that the car is listed with a salvage title. This means that somebody at the insurance company priced out the repair and realized that it wasn't worth fixing. Also, re-selling the car in the future will be hard as a potential buyer will have access to a CarFax report showing that it had a salvage title.

The upside is that it is a rare Turbo-S and that you say that you can perform most of the work yourself. If you intend to drive it as a keeper until it falls apart, it may actually be worth looking into provided that you entirely use salvaged parts for the rebuild.
Yeah, the salvage would stay with it and would always make it much harder to sell, BTDT. And, I tend to sell cars after 2-3 years so, knowing how I am with cars, it wouldn't be a keeper for too long. I'm not heartbroken about this deal, but just having a hard time finding what I want. Must be patient, must be patient...
Old 02-11-2012, 07:35 AM
touareg
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

I see it is on ebay now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...item2ebb3b924d

Other than the S on the back and the sills (which any poser can change out) How are you sure this is an S?

I thought the cluster middle gauge said Turbo S on it? Which is a little harder for most people to change, then again maybe that was only later models.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Boeing 717

Received 262 Likes on 158 Posts

That looks just like my car!!! I wonder if they would sell me those wood grab handles on the console or the wood door handles????
Old 02-11-2012, 01:40 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Boeing 717
That looks just like my car!!! I wonder if they would sell me those wood grab handles on the console or the wood door handles????
Checked your garage lately...?

Quick Reply: Okay, don't laugh...