Sponsored by:

Trying for a 958 CTT DME Group Buy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 06:07 PM
vyper340
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Divot
^ Oh. Count me in for the group buy then.

Lewis can sort out all of the PCNA warranty claims for you hoity toity 1%ers.

I'm sure PCNA considers this an approved mod and will cover any resulting claim. I'm glad that a user is guiding everyone with appropriate advice.

You can't take these to a track, much less add aftermarket parts and expect warranty coverage. I consider any mods the day the warranty expires, and am ready to install the new wiper blades on my P!g. It's either raining and I don't want to get wet, or it's not raining and I don't need wipers.
Originally Posted by Divot
Can you address the warranty issue you lied about? I was just warning everyone, yourself included, that this will void your warranty. No hate, just providing factual information.

I steal cable TV from my neighbor, but the cable company is compensated because I watch the commercials and buy the vendor's goods. Now I'm off to OT to start a thread about people that won't cough up $17 to support the site. All the people that snipe and don't support vendors will love it.
It will NOT void a warranty and any issue a DME could/would cause would have to be PROVEN by PCNA as the cause for whatever could fail. Please take the time to read the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act and please be informed before you scare off others.

Since I've owned several p-cars, I know they are over built and have no issue handling extra power within reason. The upcoming CTT S will have a modified DME doing the same things any aftermarket from FVD or EVOMS will do.

Thanks for the advice on the $17 bucks. I'll let you handle that big spender since I'm sure the $17 goes to the internet (AKA cable company) for its use.

Lighten up Francis
Old 01-28-2012, 06:57 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by vyper340
It will NOT void a warranty and any issue a DME could/would cause would have to be PROVEN by PCNA as the cause for whatever could fail. Please take the time to read the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act and please be informed before you scare off others.

Since I've owned several p-cars, I know they are over built and have no issue handling extra power within reason. The upcoming CTT S will have a modified DME doing the same things any aftermarket from FVD or EVOMS will do.

Thanks for the advice on the $17 bucks. I'll let you handle that big spender since I'm sure the $17 goes to the internet (AKA cable company) for its use.

Lighten up Francis
Thanks for the tip, Mr. Owned Several P-cars. I am jealous and don't know how you do it.

I just checked with PCNA and they told me all non-OEM mods are OK, and won't void a warranty. They further informed me that they have to prove to me that it causes the failure. Boy, am I embarrassed. Please forgive me. That stupid warranty agreement I signed with my new Porsche wasn't worth the paper it was written on.

Or buy a new P-car to support the reason this site exists and then speak from authority about a DME ruining your warranty. Until then, you have no leg to stand on OR any first hand knowledge from which to "warn" others.
I might be wrong, but I'm not sure this site exists to sell Porsches, but I guess non-paying users that won't cough up $17 know more about this than I.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:19 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

From vyper340
BTW, I support the site by buying from the vendors for many of my cars and purchases over the years. Since I don't lurk here often I don't see the need to also pay for membership. I see the membership as something for people who like to snipe posts and not support the vendors by buying their goods. Free country and all...
I bet you don't tip either.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:11 AM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Or buy a new P-car to support the reason this site exists and then speak from authority about a DME ruining your warranty. Until then, you have no leg to stand on OR any first hand knowledge from which to "warn" others.
What a douche bag
Old 01-29-2012, 06:50 AM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Whoa, whoa. This site exists to sell new Porsches, not name calling. I have a PM into BTO to eliminate those pesky forums for the 356, 928, 944, 911, 993, and especially the annoying 996 and 955. I hate those guys.

I'm hoping to get this whole site whittled down to two forums. "My Brand New Porsche", and "Other Marques." Maybe a third, "I Told You My Non-OEM Mod Wouldn't Void My Warranty," for people that have an engine fire at the track and have PCNA replace their new car with no questions. Magnuson Moss may be a subforum, as it is applicable for warranty voiding mods. My first post will be "Hey, I put kerosene in the gas tank, does Magnuson Moss protect me?"
Old 01-30-2012, 11:03 AM
vyper340
Pro

So I guess you are on the undecided list then
Old 02-01-2012, 02:41 PM
dbtk
Instructor

I'm interested. I have the Fabspped bypass on my '11 CTT and it has improved sound at start-up and full-throttle. With stop-start is sound sgreat at every light. I would be interested in an ECU upgrade. Any experiences with OE Tuning?
Old 02-01-2012, 03:51 PM
vyper340
Pro

I think David Green from Green Motorsports in conjunction with FVD is working on putting a group-buy together for the FVD DME and/or bypass for those of us interested.

Have you had any issues with the bypass that you didn't like? Do you notice any performance improvement with just the bypass?
Old 02-05-2012, 03:06 PM
dbtk
Instructor

vyper340, no issues thus far. The bypass does add to the exhaust music and perhaps its response feel is a little quicker at full throttle, but nothing empirical. I would say that with the car's stop-start it adds to the audio drama, which I like. There is definitely a throttier sound.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:10 PM
vyper340
Pro

The other option potential is the GIAC. I have that on my 911TT and just read about their gains with the PTT (same engine).

I loved the bypass music on my last CTT and will be getting one for sure on the new CTT.

Quick Reply: Trying for a 958 CTT DME Group Buy?