Cayenne 2006 : Sway Right on Braking

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Moiz Baig
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayenne 2006 : Sway Right on Braking

Hi Guys ,

I am having a problem with my 2006 Cayenne S . recently had service done ( 107K KM).

I have had prominent Drift / Swaying when I brake . Now the Frond pads are new and rear one's looks good , general driving there is no issues with alignment etc.

It is only when I brake the entire front / car seem to sway right ways strongly to a point I have to turn the steering left slightly to compensate for it.

any idea's what it could be ?

Last service indicated front upper wishbones having minor cracks , but not urgent , could it be this ?

any idea / suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks !
Old 01-10-2012, 05:29 PM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

Other than a suspension issue it could be oil/grease on your front left brake pads? So the left isn't braking as well so it pulls to the right? Any chance the left pads got cotaminated somehow? The thought of A-Arm having "Minor" cracks would make me a bit nervous though.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:13 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That happen to me once back when I was driving a Vette.

Left the service department and the car would pull to the right under braking ...and I mean REALLY pull to the right.

When I got home I discovered that the tech had put the right rear wheel on the right front and the right front on the right rear ...the wheels are two different sizes.

So stupid that it was funny.

Fixed it myself and stayed away from that service department henceforth.

Quick Reply: Cayenne 2006 : Sway Right on Braking