Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered 2013 Cayenne Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 02:54 PM
PN Cal
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have a Diesel on order. Built was July 13 and my dealer told me about a week ago that he expected delivery end of August (and this is West Coast). Nothing about a hold or so (however, I did not specifically ask about it).

This is my order:
- Jet black
- Luxor beige standard
- Premium Plus
- Panoramic roof
- Roof rails Alu
- PASM
- Trailer hitch

Got 6% off MRSP. Had another offer for 4% off. Just don't trust dealers when they tell you that all slots were taken.

Actually, I read that Germany will get the new Audi V8 Diesel with more horsepower, however US will not get it due to exhaust limits in some states. Same reason why we do not get the start-stopp function but get the Ad blue that Germany does not currently have in the Cayenne.

Very much looking forward getting my Diesel. I've been driving one in Germany and it is so nice. First, wanted to go for the new ML but after the design disappointed me, started looking for alternatives and this was clearly the best, at least to my experience.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:57 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,563 Likes on 2,119 Posts

How much is the base on the diesel? GVWR? Mileage?
Old 07-23-2012, 06:04 PM
PN Cal
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The base is around $55k plus about $1k delivery. Towing and GVWR should be on the Porsche.com homepage where you can also configure a car, incl. the Diesel (curb weight 4,795 lbs; maximum payload about 1700 lbs; towing capacity (braked / unbraked) 7,716 lbs / 1,653 lbs). The base includes the 8-speed auto, so the difference to the V6 gasoline version is not that high. Resale on the Diesels is usually also better if you look at the Touaregs, Mercedes MLs, Audi Q7, BMW X5, etc.
Mileage is supposed to be at least 20/28. It might be even higher, it has not been rated, yet. The German version goes on 7.6L/100km (however, note that this is with start-stopp which should slightly increase at least the city mileage).
Old 07-23-2012, 06:11 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,563 Likes on 2,119 Posts

Originally Posted by PN Cal
The base is around $55k plus about $1k delivery. Towing and GVWR should be on the Porsche.com homepage where you can also configure a car, incl. the Diesel (curb weight 4,795 lbs; maximum payload about 1700 lbs; towing capacity (braked / unbraked) 7,716 lbs / 1,653 lbs). The base includes the 8-speed auto, so the difference to the V6 gasoline version is not that high. Resale on the Diesels is usually also better if you look at the Touaregs, Mercedes MLs, Audi Q7, BMW X5, etc.
Mileage is supposed to be at least 20/28. It might be even higher, it has not been rated, yet. The German version goes on 7.6L/100km (however, note that this is with start-stopp which should slightly increase at least the city mileage).
Thanks. I went on a local dealers site after posting and found that they listed MPG at 15 city and 21 highway (diesel model). Publications estimated numbers closer to yours.

I"m considering several different SUV diesel models and will wait for this one to come out. Those that have driven one, does it drive like an existing model? Comparable to the S? Are the brakes beefier than the base V6 model or the same? Wish I could put my hands on one for myself. Thanks.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:50 AM
blazing928
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you go to the USA www.porsche.com web site, you can download the USA Cayenne Diesel brochure.

It lists econony as; 20mpg city; 28mpg highway; 23mpg combined. [these I gather are USA gallons which are quite different to UK gallons]

7.6lt/100km = 30.94 MPG US = 37.2mpg UK
Some tests on the older diesel have shown it to have better economy than stated figures.

The Aust brochure lists the older diesel as [ I have converted the figures to US gallons]
27mpg city US, 35.6mpg highway US, 38mpg combined US.

So quite a difference in the type of tests and I presume how they test. Often here petrol cars fail to reach the figures but diesels often get better in road tests.

Brakes are the same a petrol V6. No problems with power! order Ceramics if you only drive down mountains!

As I noted above the diesel IMO drives better than the V8 S. Its has instant go, is quieter, and perhaps as its a light engine it is more nimble? The new diesel is about 25kg lighter than the first gen 2 diesel.

A friend was over tonight and we were talking about the car. He has a friend that has the older gen2 diesel [1year old car]. She just loves it, went from an X5 to the Cayenne. He was very complimentry about the car [he drives a current M3]. I think the torque makes this car so good. I would also expect that loaded up it will still pull very well, something that Porsche make a note about in their literature.

Another mate had an X5 4.4 , went to 07 CS, also has an X6 [fugly plus], tells me the Cayenne is the best. Somehow I think th ediesel really suits the Cayenne & for that matter the Panamerra.

Quick Reply: Ordered 2013 Cayenne Diesel