Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated Seat Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 10:48 AM
Brit6
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We can help you, but we will need more information.

Start with the fuses in the left side and right side dashboard, they will be shown in your manual.

Are any of them blown?

Originally Posted by xcracer
I have been fighting 2 front seats that will not heat for months now. I can't find an accurate fuse or relay diagram for nothing. Every fuse that I see is good. But exactly where under the front seats are the relays? Can you test them? Where are the 30 amp fuses? I have never had so much trouble with what seems to be a simple fix. I am just waiting for my wife to say "I told you we should have bought the x5!" Help anyone? It's getting cold here.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:57 PM
Brit6
Racer

I ordered a tilt sensor, as according to this diagram, the only thing that fuse 34 goes to is the tilt sensor. It has to be a falty tilt sensor or faulty rear end control module.

Old 11-30-2015, 11:46 PM
69gaugeman
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Brit6
I ordered a tilt sensor, as according to this diagram, the only thing that fuse 34 goes to is the tilt sensor. It has to be a falty tilt sensor or faulty rear end control module.

The only wiring diagram I have is for an 06. There is a can bus controller under the dash that sends a signal to the relay to heat the seats. The rest is direct connection of the heated seat relay to the heating elements. This is a parallel ring but I have no idea what the structure of the communication is. Don't see how a tilt sensor would play, unless they turn off the seat heaters when you are upside down.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:52 PM
Brit6
Racer

It is more of an indirect thing. The seat heaters are 30amp and they never blow. The only fuse that blows is #34 on the drivers side and this fuse only goes to the tilt sensor.

Originally Posted by 69gaugeman
The only wiring diagram I have is for an 06. There is a can bus controller under the dash that sends a signal to the relay to heat the seats. The rest is direct connection of the heated seat relay to the heating elements. This is a parallel ring but I have no idea what the structure of the communication is. Don't see how a tilt sensor would play, unless they turn off the seat heaters when you are upside down.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:39 PM
Brit6
Racer

I have been doing more research and I have 99% narrowed it down to

1. Faulty Tilt Sensor
2. Faulty Passenger Compartment Interior Sensor
3. Rear End Control Module

My CTT is a 04 and I don't have the interior switch to disable the interior sensor.

Also my Cayenne exhibits this fault:

Problem/fault in alarm system: The LED in the front doors flashes quickly for two seconds, stays on for 28 seconds and then starts to flash slowly after you lock the vehicle.

Going to replace the tilt sensor and passenger compartment interior sensor and try the fuse #34 5amp again, if it still blows, I will order a rear-end control module.

Let's pray I have heated seats this winter.....................
Old 12-02-2015, 09:48 AM
69gaugeman
Nordschleife Master

I have been doing more research and I have 99% narrowed it down to

1. Faulty Tilt Sensor
2. Faulty Passenger Compartment Interior Sensor
3. Rear End Control Module

My CTT is a 04 and I don't have the interior switch to disable the interior sensor.

Also my Cayenne exhibits this fault:

Problem/fault in alarm system: The LED in the front doors flashes quickly for two seconds, stays on for 28 seconds and then starts to flash slowly after you lock the vehicle.

Going to replace the tilt sensor and passenger compartment interior sensor and try the fuse #34 5amp again, if it still blows, I will order a rear-end control module.

Let's pray I have heated seats this winter.....................
Mine is 04 and it does this too. With durametric it shows no faults in the alarm module and no fuses are blown. So i think this LED sequence is normal? Maybe I should RTFM....lol

My durametric does, however show a fault with the comfort can bus. This is used to tell the seat heat control relay to turn on. There is a can bus control module under the left side dash (which I haven't looked for, found or identified yet) I believe this module is the problem or one of the devices connected to it.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:23 AM
Brit6
Racer

Thanks for the heads up, but if you have that error and you have no fuses that are blown then your heated seats are fine.

My seats do work from time to time, but the #34 fuse on the left side fuse panel will blow anywhere from 1day-14days.

Like I mentioned the #34 goes to the tilt sensor/passenger interior sensor and then to the rear-end control module.

I did bring it to the dealer and spent $1k on diagnostics and they suggested to start there as well, no seat mats are broken, the seat relay is fine, etc.

I will pick up my sensors at xmas time and install in January.

Mine is 04 and it does this too. With durametric it shows no faults in the alarm module and no fuses are blown. So i think this LED sequence is normal? Maybe I should RTFM....lol

My durametric does, however show a fault with the comfort can bus. This is used to tell the seat heat control relay to turn on. There is a can bus control module under the left side dash (which I haven't looked for, found or identified yet) I believe this module is the problem or one of the devices connected to it.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:42 PM
69gaugeman
Nordschleife Master

Thanks for the heads up, but if you have that error and you have no fuses that are blown then your heated seats are fine.

My seats do work from time to time, but the #34 fuse on the left side fuse panel will blow anywhere from 1day-14days.

Like I mentioned the #34 goes to the tilt sensor/passenger interior sensor and then to the rear-end control module.

I did bring it to the dealer and spent $1k on diagnostics and they suggested to start there as well, no seat mats are broken, the seat relay is fine, etc.

I will pick up my sensors at xmas time and install in January.
This could very well be your problem if those sensors are connected to comfort can bus. My seats never worked from the time I got it. The heated steering wheel does work, so I will continue to work on my issue. If you are correct in that LED sequence it will give me another clue.

Who knows what Hans and Franz programmed into the bus controller. Why care that the seats need a signal. On with term15 off without. Why the extra layer? One will never know.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:49 PM
Brit6
Racer

PM me your e-mail, I will forward you the doc.

I tried disabling them from the COMFORT menu in the MID, and the led is the same for now.

This could very well be your problem if those sensors are connected to comfort can bus. My seats never worked from the time I got it. The heated steering wheel does work, so I will continue to work on my issue. If you are correct in that LED sequence it will give me another clue.

Who knows what Hans and Franz programmed into the bus controller. Why care that the seats need a signal. On with term15 off without. Why the extra layer? One will never know.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:40 PM
69gaugeman
Nordschleife Master

pm sent
Old 12-03-2015, 11:37 AM
Brit6
Racer

Played with this a bit last night.

I pulled #11 fuse in drive side (central locking), I also pressed my entry and drive button twice on the door handle to disable interior monitoring and tilt sensor.

I put a new #34 fuse in last night, my heated seats worked this morning. lets see how long it lasts (it will be under 2 weeks for sure)

I am still going to replace those sensors.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:19 PM
Brit6
Racer

Well that only lasted a day! No heated seats in the evening and central locking back to its unusual self.

Hrmmmmmm
Old 12-09-2015, 08:36 AM
69gaugeman
Nordschleife Master

Well that only lasted a day! No heated seats in the evening and central locking back to its unusual self.

Hrmmmmmm
Did the fuse blow again?

Do you have a durametric cable or ross tech cable? If so look at the tab for Gateway. Mine has a CAN comfort error #470. I need to fix this and likely the heated seats will work again. Damn Hans and Franz for designing it like this!
Old 12-09-2015, 08:50 AM
Brit6
Racer

Yes, #34 on the left driver side fuse box!

Unfortunately I do not have a durametric or ross tech cable, only a plain OBDII reader.

Did the fuse blow again?

Do you have a durametric cable or ross tech cable? If so look at the tab for Gateway. Mine has a CAN comfort error #470. I need to fix this and likely the heated seats will work again. Damn Hans and Franz for designing it like this!
Old 01-15-2016, 11:43 AM
Brit6
Racer

Noticed something odd this week. We have been having cold weather -20C here and my KESSY has been working pretty strong this week, touch the door and the handle unlocks, the trunk opens immediately, parking sensors always working, etc.

Now I brought the Cayenne to an underground garage parking, left it there for 2hrs, when I came back the KESSY wasn't working as clean, took 2 pulls of the door handle, my parking sensor complained red, etc.

I have a feeling that when the climate is warm it is messing with the electronics, whenever it is cold everything works pretty flawlessly.

Quick Reply: Heated Seat Not Working