Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated Seat Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 04:38 PM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Interesting theory that interior monitoring could be the culprit, however does the fuse ever blow without you using the seat heaters? I would doubt the switches would be at fault, since it would be both at the same time. KESSY is still a possibility.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:10 PM
Brit6
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree totally with you, but you can test the mat to see if there is a short using a volt meter once the seat is lifted. I am 99% sure they tried that before going any further.

Originally Posted by CaptJim
My 2 cents.

Heated seats and the inductive source that they are will all fail over time, just like an inductive light bulb, the resistive sources will short and/or open. I believe the most likely failure and the reason for fuses blowing is the fact that the pad needs to be replaced.

I have a local Upholster that does all my boat canvas work to, and he does heated seats all the time for our local dealerships on all cars.

Just a thought, I think most of these issues are just failing pads in the seat.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:11 PM
Brit6
Racer

Yes the fuse will blow without using the seat heaters. Sometimes it will blow by just turning on the car. Interesting......

I would doubt the switches or the rear end control module which actually controls the air suspension.

They did mention that they are still seeing a fault on the kessy module for the 2 rear door handles (I can lock the car with the 2 rear door handle buttons fine, but they will not open). I will double check tomorrow when I pick it up.

They said they found a cororded ground on the left trunk interior compartment which they fixed and also some wiring problem on the rear end control side.

Originally Posted by XR4Tim
Interesting theory that interior monitoring could be the culprit, however does the fuse ever blow without you using the seat heaters? I would doubt the switches would be at fault, since it would be both at the same time. KESSY is still a possibility.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:54 PM
CaptJim
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fuses blow on over current. They blow because there is a fault down stream of the circuit. The heating unit in the seat is bad. I bet if you unplug the seat, fuses will stop blowing....
Old 01-31-2014, 11:55 AM
Brit6
Racer

The seating mat fuse is not blowing, those are 30amp fuses that will power the seat mats.

This fuse is a small 5A fuse that powers the relay and interior motion sensor/tilt sensor.

Originally Posted by CaptJim
Fuses blow on over current. They blow because there is a fault down stream of the circuit. The heating unit in the seat is bad. I bet if you unplug the seat, fuses will stop blowing....
Old 01-31-2014, 01:46 PM
Brit6
Racer

Well all 4 door handles and 1 interior sensor is showing short to ground again.

Either I didn't solder the KESSY properly or one of the handles/sensor shorted the KESSY resistors again.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:38 PM
Brit6
Racer

Wow this is getting stranger and stranger. The entry and drive stopped working again, i went into my MID (Multi Information Display) and went to comfort and door lock just to check the settings, everything looked ok. Once i exited the car, my handles worked again (I didnt change any settings). It worked on and off for the day, then stopped completly, i tried the same thing on the MID and the handles are working again.

What to try next?
Old 11-18-2014, 03:02 PM
riz.hus
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

Did you end up finding the issue with the seat heater? On my 2006 Turbo S the passenger seat heater isnt working - fuses are all fine, all other seat heaters are fine. I guess I will try swapping out the relay from the drivers side to see if thats what it is, but not really sure which relay or where exactly under the dash?

Thanks,
Riz
Old 08-21-2015, 12:24 PM
Brit6
Racer

Believe it or not I have still not found the solution to this problem.

The Cayenne has been stored for about 18months and I will be taking it out of storage to drive this upcoming Winter. I will be troubleshooting this problem again probably in late Sept/early Oct.

I have re-read this whole thread as I have forgotten what I have tried/not tried in the 4yrs I have had the Cayenne. We have basically eliminated it being a seat mat, seat relay, seat switch at this point. For fun I can try unplugging the front 2 seats and see if that does anything.

I am going to try these items once I take the Cayenne out as long as my KESSY is still functional.

1. Interior tilt sensor faulty
2. Rear end control module faulty
3. Door handles/interior sensors faulty
Old 08-21-2015, 12:28 PM
Brit6
Racer

Did you have any luck fixing yours yet?

There is a relay under the dash that controls all the seats and there is a control module under each front seat.

Originally Posted by riz.hus
Hi,

Did you end up finding the issue with the seat heater? On my 2006 Turbo S the passenger seat heater isnt working - fuses are all fine, all other seat heaters are fine. I guess I will try swapping out the relay from the drivers side to see if thats what it is, but not really sure which relay or where exactly under the dash?

Thanks,
Riz
Old 08-21-2015, 05:22 PM
69gaugeman
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What year is your Cayenne? I have inop heated seats as well. Can't find an electrical diagram for an 04 to save my life. Would love to have them working for the upcoming season...
Old 08-26-2015, 01:15 PM
Brit6
Racer

I would too, can't go this whole winter without heated seats.

Originally Posted by 69gaugeman
What year is your Cayenne? I have inop heated seats as well. Can't find an electrical diagram for an 04 to save my life. Would love to have them working for the upcoming season...
Old 10-15-2015, 07:27 PM
VIPNiSS
Racer

Does anyone have a pic and part number of relay?
Old 10-16-2015, 01:06 AM
Brit6
Racer

999-657-014-90

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/...1.x=8&I1.y=10#

Originally Posted by VIPNiSS
Does anyone have a pic and part number of relay?
Old 10-27-2015, 07:45 AM
xcracer
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default locations and pics

I have been fighting 2 front seats that will not heat for months now. I can't find an accurate fuse or relay diagram for nothing. Every fuse that I see is good. But exactly where under the front seats are the relays? Can you test them? Where are the 30 amp fuses? I have never had so much trouble with what seems to be a simple fix. I am just waiting for my wife to say "I told you we should have bought the x5!" Help anyone? It's getting cold here.

Quick Reply: Heated Seat Not Working