Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Cayenne vs. Touareg

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 12:27 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope you have the opportunity to play with the settings in your Pepper. I believe most of what is irritating you can be resolved.

My test drives consisted of a short 30 minute drive, an overnight loan of a base V-6 and another 45 minute drive with SO.
Identified what I did and didn't like and went through them all with the sales rep & SO to ensure what was acceptable to us. Fixed anything that wasn't acceptable with check boxes on the order form.

Have now had the Pepper for less than 3 months, have been in the driver's seat for almost 12,000 km or 120 hours, and am thoroughly happy.
We looked at everything which was on the market from 2009 through to our ordering in March 2011. Nothing is as good, for us, as the Cayenne.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:17 PM
kalyan
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by dreggie
So it turns out the the horse shoe shaped cabin light was upgraded to LED via one of the option packages I chose. It sounds nice, but in truth, the LED light is devoid of any warmth and, in my opinion, is a mood buster. No huge deal, but I wish I hadn't checked that box.
You can replace them with a color LED maybe.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:37 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 102 Posts

I bought a 2011 Touareg TDI with Exec trim (essentially every possible option). Thought about the Cayenne but for $58k MSRP the Treg was a tremendous value on a relative basis -- plus the diesel is a win for towing (I am getting 19 MPG towing the GT3RS). The warranty on the VW is 4/50 with free maintance plus something like 10 years on the powertrain. Cayenne is lovely but I couldn't justify the difference.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:34 AM
ms4cd
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brownan
I bought a 2011 Touareg TDI with Exec trim (essentially every possible option). Thought about the Cayenne but for $58k MSRP the Treg was a tremendous value on a relative basis -- plus the diesel is a win for towing (I am getting 19 MPG towing the GT3RS). The warranty on the VW is 4/50 with free maintance plus something like 10 years on the powertrain. Cayenne is lovely but I couldn't justify the difference.
You did the exact same as I... My TDI Treg averages 29mpg on my commute to work, exec pack comes with almost everything needed plus I can tow my turbo to the track and back with ease. Perfect car!

Quick Reply: 2012 Cayenne vs. Touareg