Sponsored by:

My Pig Pen Induction

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 01:23 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

FYI... On my `05 CS the Exterior Package Black option was $320...
Attached Images  
Old 10-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Porsche 25th
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice black pair C&C. It really sucks for all who live in states that require front license plates; ruins the beautiful nose of the 997.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:01 AM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thank you... out of my mind to have two black cars
Old 10-22-2011, 02:16 PM
Stone43
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just want to know how in the hell you are getting 19MPG!!! I just had a tune up on mine as part of the 80K service and I am hovering at 15.1.

And I am paying $4.29 Per gallon in SO Cal.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:24 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by cab&coupe
Thank you... out of my mind to have two black cars
Well, at least it looks like you live East of the Cascades and get a real summer ..
Old 10-22-2011, 02:49 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

True dat, means more dust...
Old 10-23-2011, 01:44 PM
francars
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OP - congrats on the find! Looks awesome! Love that black CTT! Enjoy !

Cab & Coupe - Love your stable man! Great taste!
Old 10-23-2011, 07:03 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

I'll go $30k sight unseen !
Old 10-23-2011, 07:05 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Fran....
Old 10-23-2011, 07:30 PM
Turbo1987
Intermediate

I tow my Cobra with my '06 Cayenne Turbo S. The car and trailer weigh 4200 lbs and the Pepper tows like a dream. Check my garage for a pic. I have 20" OZ wheels with 275/45/20 tires. They are inside the wheelwells, look good, handle well and are a little softer than the 40's that came on the car.

I have the Porsche towing package. If I could only have one car...it would the Pepper....period.

Good luck with your towing project.

Russ
Old 10-25-2011, 02:14 AM
bluejam
Rennlist Member

Thanks for all the input and compliments. I am thrilled every time I get in it.
C & C, you do have a great pair there!
Stone, I averaged 19.6 on the way home from Seattle. 13 around town yesterday. Hope she stays that way. It's been going up fast here again.

Ok, a couple more noobie questions:
Will there be reprogramming havoc if I ever need to disconnect the battery?
Best way to add an iPod/iPhone input? Oh, and NOT via FM modulator. Possibly utilize the CD changer output?
Bluetooth capability for iPhone for hands-free talk?
If the questions above are moot, what's the hot tip for an aftermarket setup? Or newer Porsche model PCM? Or firmware updates on mine?
Any slick mounting ideas for the gawdawful front plate? I have seen flip-up brackets, but there is such a slope on the front underside, I'm not sure it would work.

Some may feel I should use the search feature, and sorry about that, but I never find what I want when I use it on this site :-/
Old 10-25-2011, 02:26 AM
kalyan
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Bluejam:

I don't think there will be a havoc if you disconnect the battery. The vehicle will probably go into learning mode about your driving style, but I will let other experts chime in on this.

Most people use Denison products for bluetooth/ipod connectivity. The one Porsche sells for ipod connectivity is FM modulated and it costs $350 which I think is a lot for what it provides. The denison (DICE) uses CD changer connection, so you will lose the CD changer if you have it.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:20 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,151 Likes on 764 Posts

Originally Posted by kalyan
Most people use Denison products for bluetooth/ipod connectivity. The one Porsche sells for ipod connectivity is FM modulated and it costs $350 which I think is a lot for what it provides. The denison (DICE) uses CD changer connection, so you will lose the CD changer if you have it.
Actually - you don't have to lose the CD changer with the Dension (often misspelled "Denison") if you have a 2.1 PCM (which would be in an '06) and are willing to do a bit more work and spend $79.00

I just ordered one for my '06 P!G.. and I wanted to keep the CD changer since (1) I don't own an iPod, and likely won't in the near term (2) the Dension product can also use a USB memory stick for music storage if I feel compelled to transfer things to MPEG format (3) I have about 10 cartridges for my CD changer, and thousands of CD's.. SO - I wanted to keep the changer operable.

Dension's 500 Gateway product has an additonal fiber port that is intended to be used to enable the CD changer.

There are two fiber ports on the box. One goes into the primary MOST loop and must be used for it to work (if you don't have a changer but have the changer-prep installed - that's an easy way to install it.)

The second port - for the changer - needs a simple in/out fiber cable to hook up to the changer (and only the changer.) That fiber loop must run from the Gateway box to the back of the changer.

If you're not installing the box in place of the changer - you need a bypass loop (about $15 from Porsche) to close that part of the MOST loop. The fiber loop provided by Dension is long enough to reach from under the glovebox back to the changer area in the rear of the vehicle. It costs about $80 from AutoToys. If your P!G had the changer prep and you haven't installed a changer - that bypass loop is already in place.

The Gateway has an iPod adaptor port, and a port for the USB - and switch to enable the iPod or the changer. There is also a port for an optional (about $80) BlueToof adaptor that provides both phone connectivity and PCM functionality and the ability to listen to music stored on your phone. Dunno if the BlueToof adaptor also comes with a microphone, but guess I'll find out when it arrives.

The PCM system has to be powered off/on when the switchover between iPod and changer occurs, and the manual switch must be used to make the changeover. The same switch disables the iPod adaptor (and perhaps the entire gateway) for diagnostics connections to the MOST loop if you're going to the dealer for something.

I ordered from autotoys.com - mostly because they were the least expensive by a few dollars, and are located near me so shipping should be fast.

Bumperplugs also offers the same setup for roughly the same price.

Total for the entire mess of stuff is about $605 (with NJ tax for Autotoys, and free shipping.) It was about $610 from BumperPlugs - no tax, but they charged slightly more for the components and extra fiber to the CD changer and they charged for shipping.

Without tax from AutoToys - it would be considerably cheaper (if you don't live in lovely NJ) - $566.95 (with the optional BlueTooth, fiber extension and Gateway 500 and free shipping.)

Here are the parts I ordered:

FOA1PO1 - PORSCHE CAYENNE OPTICAL EXTENSION KIT FOR GW500 $79.00

DENSION GW51MO2 ICELINK GATEWAY 500 MOST (IPOD, USB AND BLUETOOTH) [AUDI, MERCEDES, PORSCHE, BMW, SAAB, Volvo] with optional Bluetooth BTA1500 - $487.95

Question - has anyone run the extension MOST cable - and have suggestions on how to do it? I should receive the kit by Thursday, so I will be installing it this week. I'll take pics of the install in case anyone is interested.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:25 PM
bluejam
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the detailed info, Don.
I have no use for CD's. Sold them all in '03 when I got my first iPod. You answered my question though, that I can hook it up sans CD Changer. I will check out the Denison products.
I look forward to pix of the install. Perhaps start a separate thread on it.
Thanks!

Quick Reply: My Pig Pen Induction