Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will I regret not getting servotronic?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 11:57 PM
JBCayenne
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will I regret not getting servotronic?

I am coming from a BMW 3 series and I love the steering feel of the BMW. I passed on the servotronic because I was worried about too much boost. Is the servotronic a big difference over stock?
Old 09-30-2011, 01:25 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,150 Likes on 763 Posts

It IS different. I'm still undecided on if I like it.. it does loose some of the feel that you're used to with a BMW 3 series. It does make the truck much more maneuverable at low speeds.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:54 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

I haven't sampled the standard steering for comparison but I'm happy with the servotronic on the CS. It doesn't have the road feel of my Carrera (what does?) but it gives decent feedback and I don't find it overly boosted. Sounds like this train has already left the station for you anyway; I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:07 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

i never even noticed it unless at almost standstill and then it's easy to go full click to click....

i honestly should have not ordered it second time around to check difference but just unsure the downsides/upsides...

its also an option on the new 991... hmm
Old 09-30-2011, 04:39 AM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 409 Likes on 209 Posts

I can't offer any first hand experience on a Cayenne without Servotronic, but I can tell u that my dealer told me it wasn't necessary, as my initial build didn't have it included. If I didn't end up going for the Prem package, I'm not sure I would have added it.

Look at it this way, you don't know what you don't know. I'm sure you'll be fine without it.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:05 AM
JBCayenne
Track Day

Thank you. I think my build is locked (production planned code) and I am just worried that I should have opted for the premium package verses the convenience package plus park control and heated steering wheel. For an additional $700 I have also gotten the 14 way seats and servotronic. I looks like it is not that big of a deal... I appreciate everyone's feedback.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

my turbo had servo and when i dumped it, the GTS i had for a week before mine was ready did not have servo. i found the non-servo more fun and sporty. it helped remove some of that layer of disconnect. current GTS has it & i wish it didn't.

i keep forgetting to ask the mechanics at the dealor if they can somehow disengage it but always forget - 3 years of forgetting by now.

Quick Reply: Will I regret not getting servotronic?