Sponsored by:

GTS light comfort pkg question

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 12:15 AM
turbo3six
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 14 Posts
Default GTS light comfort pkg question

i am considering the purchase of an 09 GTS. The option list does not include the Light Comfort Package. Does this mean that the headlights must be manually turned on/off and will not automatically turn on in darkness?
Old 09-15-2011, 09:07 AM
turbo3six
Rennlist Member

Wow! 43 views, but no answer ? Let me rephrase the question. Does the 09 Cayenne GTS have a dusk /dawn headlight sensor that will automatically control the headlights on /off depending on available light if the Car was not built with the Light Comfort Package?
Old 09-15-2011, 09:39 AM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Turbo, there were two light comfort packages available on the GTS:

P03 Light Comfort Package - $650 Automatic Headlight control with time delay switch-off and dusk sensor; Automatic operation rear view mirror; Illuminated Driver and passenger door mirrors with automatic operation; Coming home device; Excludes: [PE1] Comfort Seats w/Memory And [PE2] Sport Seats w/Memory And [PG1] Driver Memory inc Mirrors And [P04] Light Comfort Package/Memory

P04 Light Comfort Package/Memory - $650 Automatic Headlight control with time delay switch-off and dusk sensor; Automatic operation rear view mirror; Illuminated Driver and passenger door mirrors with automatic operation; Coming home device; Requires: [PE1] Comfort Seats w/Memory; Or [PE2] Sport Seats w/Memory; Or [PG1] Driver Memory inc Mirrors; Excludes: [P03] Light Comfort Package
Old 09-15-2011, 01:23 PM
jes999
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo3six
i am considering the purchase of an 09 GTS. The option list does not include the Light Comfort Package. Does this mean that the headlights must be manually turned on/off and will not automatically turn on in darkness?
Without the Light Comfort Package, headlight control is manual. I have looked at a lot of 2009 GTSs in the past couple of months and do not recall seeing any without the Light Comfort Package. As a side note, I have come across quite a few that do not have the "no charge" option of the (2D1) Enlarged Rear Spoiler. Before beginning my search I had thought that all US GTSs had the big spoiler.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:26 PM
Rudy Alex
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ask the seller.

Possibly test drive it if it's in your vicinity.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:52 PM
turbo3six
Rennlist Member

GTS is located in Texas... so I'm not able to test drive. I have confirmed that it does not have either LCP P03 or P04 and that Jes999 is accurate, without the Light Comfort Package headlight control is manual only. I have thus eliminated this vehicle from consideration.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:10 PM
Rudy Alex
Intermediate

I mean in a sense it shouldn't bother you that much, just turn on the lights every time you leave and you won't have a problem. I do that with my '05 Cayenne, I use the first set + fog lights from afternoon to almost dark then I turn the 2nd set at night.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:44 AM
RESP
Burning Brakes

turbo3six, before you completely disengage, check something out -
See if the lights turn themselves off, even when you leave them on and remove the key.
My 2001 ex-BMW didn't have auto lights, and despite leaving them on, turning off ignition and walking away from the car, the lights turned themselves off.
All the lights.
Even the interior lights.

Only exception was the trunk light, which when the trunk lid was left ajar, drained the battery.
I never had a doubt the car would take care of itself.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:54 AM
mcbit
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd only consider this as a showstopper if my arms didn't reach the light switch.

Quick Reply: GTS light comfort pkg question