Sponsored by:

First little problem.. wet carpet

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 07:31 AM
digger
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First little problem.. wet carpet

So one week down the line and found a wet patch on the passenger side under the mat. Stripped off the passenger plastic wheel arch off this morning to clear any debris from the sunroof drain, tested and now flowing freely.

The carpet was wet around the feet area not the upper backing so this may fix it, guess it could be a condenser drip so will check that out if it persists.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:49 AM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wet carpet. Hm.

My P!G never had problems with wet carpet, but I'm positive someone will have experience in that area, but it definitely won't be Divot
Old 08-29-2011, 08:25 AM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 47 Posts

My rear drivers side grab handle usually gets damp during a heavy rain fall. Sitting through this hurricane it was soaked and heavily dripping on my rear seat. I don't understand the whole sunroof drain holes. Could someone please explain. I stood on my seat and there are 2 holes on the sunroof surround but they seem clear
Thanks
Caesar
Old 08-29-2011, 10:27 AM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Beware of a wet carpet and an eventual corroded wiring connector underneath the carpet. PAG/VAG's bright engineers decided to mount an electrical connector at the lowest point of the footwell where water can collect. This in turn results in a corroded wiring connector which when wet or weak can wreak havoc on the CAN bus network and can prevent your Cayenne from starting and/or cause numerous electrical gremlins. Ask me how I know this....
Old 09-20-2011, 06:24 PM
OD-CT
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same thing happened on my '08 S. The A/C unit drain got blocked (tube my have collapsed, I'm not sure) and flooded the driver and passenger side footwells. There was a ridiculous amount of water. While the dealer was repairing it, the wiring harness failed and the car wouldn't start. They repaired everything under warranty fortunately. No problems since.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Fabianrou
Advanced

Discovered water this am on the passenger's side flor. Lots of it!! The car smelled like hell! Funny thing is that last week I steam cleaned the carpet. Murphy's law I guess?? Not sure where to start yet but I have a trip to Miami planned tonight. Hope it doesnt rain. I did flush the drain tube with my hose last w/end. Does anyone know if I may have twisted or collapsed something unintentionally. All I did was pull the rubber off the tube to insert the hose and replaced the cabin filter.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:34 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Wet carpet. Hm.

My P!G never had problems with wet carpet, but I'm positive someone will have experience in that area, but it definitely won't be Divot
I don't know how I missed this first time around, but your carpet doesn't match the curtains, and it has never been wet.

Originally Posted by Fabianrou
Discovered water this am on the passenger's side flor. Lots of it!! The car smelled like hell! Funny thing is that last week I steam cleaned the carpet. Murphy's law I guess?? Not sure where to start yet but I have a trip to Miami planned tonight. Hope it doesnt rain. I did flush the drain tube with my hose last w/end. Does anyone know if I may have twisted or collapsed something unintentionally. All I did was pull the rubber off the tube to insert the hose and replaced the cabin filter.
I haven't had drain blockage in my P!g, yet. But in the 911 I tested by pouring water in the perimeter of the open sunroof. After clearing the tubes, the water drained out as fast as I could pour it in.

Wet vac out as much as you can get from the carpet. Remove floor mats to dry. Leave windows down with a fan on the carpet.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:44 PM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 47 Posts

The dealer tracked mine down to a disconnected sun roof drain tube. It ran to the rear passenger grab handle as well as my subwoofer in the rear killing it as well. Covered under cpo
Old 06-23-2012, 06:38 PM
Km1.8t
Rennlist Member

A/c drain clog has been an issue on mine and I clean it out every once and a while to stop it from backing up. Several posts on the subject.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:45 PM
s4treg
Instructor

Originally Posted by Andy E.
Beware of a wet carpet and an eventual corroded wiring connector underneath the carpet. PAG/VAG's bright engineers decided to mount an electrical connector at the lowest point of the footwell where water can collect. This in turn results in a corroded wiring connector which when wet or weak can wreak havoc on the CAN bus network and can prevent your Cayenne from starting and/or cause numerous electrical gremlins. Ask me how I know this....

Before I finished reading your entire posting, the thought went through my mind; how does this guy know so much about these cars!?!?! I've seen several of your posts, and this isn't the first time you've had deep knowledge on the subject.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:58 AM
CayenneS2006
Advanced

Where is the AC drain tube plug located?

Thank you
Old 06-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Km1.8t
Rennlist Member

Very easy to access and clean. It is located on the passenger side firewall. Remove the trim panel under the glove compartment and disconnect the plugs. You will see the drain hose at the bottom of the fan case. Have a cup under the hose just incase some water is in there. Good luck.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:02 PM
bansasn
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

yep...AC drain is your problem. Just had the same problem couple weeks ago. Both sides of the compartments was dripping with AC water. Drained and problem solved.
Old 07-04-2016, 01:57 AM
Fabianrou
Advanced

Hello guys and girls. When you

say "connector" which one do you mean? I did have the dreaded lagoon in my passenger side. Im talking gallons! This is about 3 or 4 years ago. Tried to dry everything with hot air as much as I could before putting everything back together which took me 3 weeks to dry. I tried to "supper wrap" everything but now Im thinking that maybe that worked against me by allowing some condensation to be trapped? Reason is that tonight I got a few gremlins on the dash: flashing red BRAKE light, BRAKE PROPORTIONING in red, ABS light on, speedometer quit and cruise control doesn't work. All at the same time WTF??? Also got some codes with DURAMETRIC: 1316 PSM control module, 459 (which I think you get when you put an after market radio), 1299 Gateway, P1630 CAN timeout - TCS/EDTC and 1592 Air quality sensor. I disconnected the battery for a few hrs since DURAMETRIC did not erase the faults and nothing changed. I pulled the carpet on the driver's side and the cables seemed fine at least from where the tape ends (coming from the upper dashboard area) to the junction box near the battery. Im at a dead end here. Can someone suggest where to go from here please?

Last edited by Fabianrou; 07-04-2016 at 01:58 AM. Reason: forgot to add
Old 07-04-2016, 01:58 AM
Fabianrou
Advanced

...of course I haven't checked the old passenger side yet...

Quick Reply: First little problem.. wet carpet