Sponsored by:

Trick for keeping in headlight?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 03:34 PM
mxquattro
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trick for keeping in headlight?

I removed the passenger side headlight assy to change the blinker bulb the other day, and I cant seem to get it to seat right, or connect right. It seems to slide in OK, and I use the hoop thing but Im not sure Im doing it right.
Any good tips?
Thanks
Old 08-25-2011, 03:54 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

The hoop thing should be standing straight up when you put the headlight back in. I put some light grease on both the rails the headlight slides in on, and on the hoop thingie - it makes it easier to lock the headlight back in place. Make certain you're turning the lock the right way (I find this much easier to do if I take off the engine trim panels in the center - you can see the locking fitting, instead of feeling around for it.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:18 PM
bigbuzuki
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You should feel and hear a definate engagement "click" when you have successfully locked the mechanism in place. Ensure your turning the hex post the correct way to engage the hoop on the underside of the headlight.
Get it wrong and your headlight can fly out of it's housing the next time you apply your brakes.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 47 Posts

I did the same thing. Had to really turn the tool until it clicked into place. Thought I was going to break it but that's how it locks in place
Old 08-27-2011, 03:21 PM
mxquattro
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah that did it. I just wasnt cranking it hard enough. I was afraid to break it! Seems to have locked in nice now though, thanks.

Quick Reply: Trick for keeping in headlight?