AC Fan Speed - 06 CS

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 09:39 AM
Jim in Southlake TX
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Fan Speed - 06 CS

Hi All

I recently bought an 06 CS to keep my 996 company. You can never have too many Porsches I figure.

Anyway - the "truck" drives and handles better than any SUV I have driven. Looked at MB/Audi etc, but we found the CS to be far better in many ways.

Except...The air conditioner fan control has a quirk. When first starting off I can adjust the fan speed to maximum and it works well. After some driving or stopped and parked, I can't adjust the fan speed past about 1/2 maximum speed. The LED bars move up and down normally, but the fan stops speeding up at about the half way point.

I have the automatic climate control (2 position) and it does not seem to matter which combination of vents, recirc etc is selected. If I select the windshield defrost button, the fan speed does seem to go to maximum even when hot. All of these combinations were tried in manual mode - not automatic, with the temperature set at about 72-75 degrees (does not seem to matter what temperature setting is used).

As you probably have heard, it's been rather warm down here in TX and with constant 100+ degree temperatures, I need the fan to perform. Could the problem be heat-related?

I've done a little searching and found a couple of references to an AC Controller problem. Does my particular issue sound like the AC Controller?

Thanks for any help before I head over to the shop for diagnosis.

Jim
Old 09-13-2011, 02:37 PM
damage98
2nd Gear

It does sound like the controller. My 06 CS has an issue that when in Auto A/C mode on very hot days, once the car warms up the A/C goes to MAX,it runs for a bit then shuts off. Selecting the fan speed 'down' one setting, ie taking it out of manual mode, the A/C kicks on 'full' again. I suspect 'full' means one less than max.
I took it to the local dealer and had it 'fixed' under warranty, but it is still happening. I'll take it in again and let you know what happens, but you should take yours to the dealer I believe the controller has known issues.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:28 AM
Jim in Southlake TX
Instructor

Thanks for the response. I'm taking it in to RUF in Dallas next week. Apparently it is the Blower Regulator. The part is not expensive, but it takes 2 hrs labor to replace....

Quick Reply: AC Fan Speed - 06 CS