Sponsored by:

Sport Chrono Standard

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 09:20 AM
WFBlue
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
No problem, but now, what's a "Chrono Clock"?
Old 08-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

No problem, but now, what's a "Chrono Clock"?
No Idea nor do I know where it's placed.I assume it's going where compass would be.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 192 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt
No Idea nor do I know where it's placed.I assume it's going where compass would be.
Just a suggestion. Your sales person seems confused about a number of things (Sport Chrono on a Cayenne, telling you there is a Chrono Clock that no one has heard of, telling you a red face is not available for the compass when the Porsche on-line configurator says it is). You're about to spend a bunch of money on a car that I'm sure you want to be just right. If I were you, I'd be checking my order very carefully, perhaps even with another dealer, to make sure I was getting everything I wanted. Just my $.02
Old 08-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by WFBlue
Might look good on the dash. Would you have to keep the window cracked all the time so those tiny little people could breathe?
Old 08-11-2011, 03:54 PM
WFBlue
Advanced

@ Billy: I agree with everything Mike said. This is an expensive investment and all kidding aside, you want to be satisfied with your order; some of the information you have been given by the dealer does not make sense.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:59 PM
WFBlue
Advanced

Might look good on the dash. Would you have to keep the window cracked all the time so those tiny little people could breathe?
Mike I am surprised at the question. This is a Porsche after all; those Lilliputians are specially bred in Stuttgart and need no supplemental oxygen. Of course being a Porsche, they are $5K a piece (click customization and service on the configurator).
Old 08-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by WFBlue
Mike I am surprised at the question. This is a Porsche after all; those Lilliputians are specially bred in Stuttgart and need no supplemental oxygen. Of course being a Porsche, they are $5K a piece (click customization and service on the configurator).

Of course, I should have known. However, the guy second from the right looks a bit limp and may have hanged himself. At $5K, I hope he's covered under warranty.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:35 PM
Tex94
Instructor

Just a suggestion. Your sales person seems confused about a number of things (Sport Chrono on a Cayenne, telling you there is a Chrono Clock that no one has heard of, telling you a red face is not available for the compass when the Porsche on-line configurator says it is). You're about to spend a bunch of money on a car that I'm sure you want to be just right. If I were you, I'd be checking my order very carefully, perhaps even with another dealer, to make sure I was getting everything I wanted. Just my $.02
+1

I learned this the hard way. I placed an order around April 1st and my dealer seemed a bit flaky but I told myself he was a professional and that I was being paranoid. I did all of my build via conversation - face to face and by phone - or via email. I never actually saw the actual build sheet just confirmation that my dealer ordered what I asked for. Then in early July my order arrived and it wasn't what I ordered (although it was what the dealer entered into the system). So I had to switch dealers and now waiting until late Oct/early Nov to take delivery. It's your money (and a lot of it) make sure it is perfect.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:19 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

@ Tex94 - I feel fortunate. We did lot of changes in the dealership, on the phone, on email. Each change the sales rep sent us the updated order.
We got exactly what we ordered!

Quick Reply: Sport Chrono Standard