Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking at Iceland Metallic Titanium Edition....few questions from the experts....

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 09:04 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Looking at Iceland Metallic Titanium Edition....few questions from the experts....

Hi everyone,

Currently I have a Boxster Spyder as my daily driver. I am in need of a 2nd car, that I can throw a bike or surfboard on, and has a little more extra room than the Spyder. I definitely plan on keeping the Spyder but I have a few questions. The car is about 8 hours away from me, and I have driven 2 other TIT edition Cayenne's before so I am not too worried about that.

The car has 48k miles and these options:

PO4 - Light Comfort Package/Memory
5W0 - Roof Railing-Titanium Metallic
PG1 - Driver Seat Memory
1N3 - Variable Assist Power Steering
342H - Front Seat Htr Incl. Strng Whl

What is a reasonable asking price? The car also is certified pre-owned so the extended warranty is valid.

Also, I am currently leasing my car through Porsche Financial. If I do finance this car, would it be a good/bad idea to finance it through them in addition to my existing lease? My other option is to go through a local credit union which I could do as well.

Anything else I should be looking for with the 06? I know the 04's had the coolant pipe problems.

Thanks for the help and feedback...
Old 07-26-2011, 09:17 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice color ... that's about it.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:19 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by mile2424
...I know the 04's had the coolant pipe problems...
Are you sitting down?
Are you allergic to shellfish?
Just the 04's?
Did you just walk past the 2nd post at the top of the forum?
https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...pipes-a-z.html

Dig deeper ... stop when your shovel hits Larry's casket.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:11 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

The pipes definately apply, as do coils, and sometimes the driveshaft center bearing. Other then those little items (only a few thousand or so to fix if they don't crap out under warranty..) it's a pretty reasonable vehicle. Obviously you'll be asking the seller to take it to Porsche for a PPI (Pre-Purchase-Inspection) so you have some idea of how the brakes/tires/etc look. If they need attention, budget in another few thousand or so for them.

And when you go to buy touchup paint - you'll find the dealer can't find the color in the parts system. Ping me and I'll post the code.. (B5S from memory - meaning "blau, #5, silver") It's actually a VW color that I guess they had a lot of when they decided to make a "special" edition Cayenne.

Can't give you any advice on financing - I don't finance depeciating assets...

With those miles - a Porsche dealer selling it as a CPO car will ask around $36-38k. A non-Porsche dealer will be in the $28-30k range. Private seller - well - anywhere between $26-30k would be a reasonable price.

I'll PM you some info on the CPO that is important..

Last edited by deilenberger; 07-27-2011 at 02:39 AM. Reason: smelling pistakes
Old 07-26-2011, 10:22 PM
Designer
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Those options, and a few others, are what makes a Titanium a Titanium. Nothing special for this model.

Edit: Dielenberger: Thanks for the paint code. Good for future reference.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:00 AM
deilenberger
Banned

The more interesting "options" on the Iceland Metallic (blue/silver) to me were:

- The PCM system was standard. I sort of like the GPS because it never nags me with "Recalculating.." like my Garmin ones do. It just does it, no announcement to annoy me. It also has an excellent warning function for upcoming "events" (like turns, lane shift, etc.) This is something some of the new Garmins are actually pretty sucky at (telling me about a turn AFTER I passed it.) The map update costs and availability are another subject - and not that pleasant a one ($300 for 2 year old data just really isn't all that great.)
- The two tone seats - just IMHO looks better (always wanted that in a BMW M5..) They also have an adjustable lumbar support that really works quite well.
- The paint scheme. The Titanium accents are well done, and the special 2 color rim paint job actually got a thumbs up today from a guy who was pointing them out to some friends.
- Heated seats are SOP for me, wouldn't have bought it without them. The heated wheel is nice, but hasn't been quite Artic in NJ yet, so no comment on how well it works in the winter.
- Moonroof - nice, and again SOP for me.
- Driver seat memory (which includes mirrors)
- HID lighting package
- Bose audio. Despite the clunky tuner interface on the PCM, the system IMHO rocks. I'm a big fan of pipe-organ music, and it's the first vehicle I've enjoyed listening to it. You can feel the 30Hz notes. That's how it's supposed to be. Plus the MP3 capabilities have allowed me to fit 7,000 miles worth of listening on 6 CD's (I added the CD changer..)

Things it's missing that I wouldn't mind having?
- Full leather package (nice, but long term condition is always a concern)
- Air suspension (despite it's prepensity for crapping out - having the ability to lower and raise the vehicle would be a nice thing to have. Lower for better highway handling, higher to allow wiggling under it without using ramps or a lift.)

Dunno if it was part of the Ti package - but having an inflatable spare (and compressor) are a nice thing to have for long away from everywhere trips.

The TI package cars really should be called the '07 model - since most were made in the last few months of '06 - well after other car manufacturers had released their '07 models.

BTW - Designer - don't take that code as gospel. I'll have to look at the touchup kit tomorrow (it's in the driver's door pocket since I'm 3,000 miles from home with the Cayenne..) and confirm the code.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:20 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by deilenberger
....The TI package cars really should be called the '07 model - since most were made in the last few months of '06 - well after other car manufacturers had released their '07 models...
AFAIK, there are no officially recognized US 2007 Cayennes in existence.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:48 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Originally Posted by ltc
Correct you are.. but my point was - the Ti editions were made during the normal timeframe that '07 models would have been made.. So I'm surprised that Porsche didn't simply title them as '07's.. would have made marketing them easier rather then trying to sell 2006 vehicles when every other manufacturer had their '07 vehicles on the floor.

Wonder what they were sold as in Europe (where I think they go strictly by the production date - but I could be wrong..)
Old 07-27-2011, 02:18 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc

Lewis that is correct. No 2007 Cayennes (Row & US-Canada) were made.

Now you can sleep better knowing that for a whole year, Porsche did something right.
Attached Images  
Old 07-27-2011, 03:08 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
Now you can sleep better knowing that for a whole year, Porsche did something right.
I only wish they extended the Cayenne manufacturing vacation for, I don't know, a decade...

But, 2007 was a good year.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:17 PM
seankrider
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The OP says it's CPO'd. Does that live on for the life of the car (6-yr/100K) then, even if it's offered for sale by a private party or a different dealer now?
Old 07-27-2011, 04:29 PM
wirunner
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltc
Nice color ... that's about it.
Lewis - are you being sarcastic? Iceland Silver is baby blue. When I had the baby blue rental for three months, I drove around with a paper bag on my head! Nothing says minivan more than soccer mom baby blue.

Disclaimer: pig ownership causes paper bag over head syndrome for various reasons...not just color.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:31 PM
wirunner
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by seankrider
The OP says it's CPO'd. Does that live on for the life of the car (6-yr/100K) then, even if it's offered for sale by a private party or a different dealer now?
Only private party. Dealer required to recertify.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:54 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by wirunner
Lewis - are you being sarcastic?
What would make you say that ?

Where's Pops
Old 07-27-2011, 04:59 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2007 was a good year indeed, but if my memory serves me well, 1995 was THE year of ALL years for Cayenne Turbo

And no, I'm not being sarcastic. Someone did start a post looking for one

Quick Reply: Looking at Iceland Metallic Titanium Edition....few questions from the experts....