Sponsored by:

The New Piglet!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 01:52 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by slwong23
No worries. I agree that Sand White isn't really off white in person, but I do think a pure White would be nicer.
hopefully they can make the swap, but worst case they cannot the sand white is fine.. the reason i did not order sand white originally on my first build is because no cars were available to view and i was dealthy afraid it would be like the "off white" the american car manufacturers are doing lately.. just looks horrible.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:20 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 93 Posts

No worries. I agree that Sand White isn't really off white in person, but I do think a pure White would be nicer.
Originally Posted by rijowysock
hopefully they can make the swap, but worst case they cannot the sand white is fine.. the reason i did not order sand white originally on my first build is because no cars were available to view and i was dealthy afraid it would be like the "off white" the american car manufacturers are doing lately.. just looks horrible.
OTOH, some of the whites I see out there would look right at home on a refrigerator. I like that there is just a hint of pearl to Sand White. Have you seen the new plain white in person? I wouldn't risk ordering any color unless I'd seen it on the car first. TEHO.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:23 AM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 413 Likes on 211 Posts

Plus, the online tool doesn't do the Sand White justice IMO. Seeing it clean in person and in pics such as Mike in CAs, it's def a nice color.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:27 AM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 413 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
OTOH, some of the whites I see out there would look right at home on a refrigerator.
Do they still make refrigerators in white?
Old 07-15-2011, 01:56 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 93 Posts

Do they still make refrigerators in white?
Yeah, but only the cheap ones suitable for use in your garage or workshop.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:26 PM
hrd
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
OTOH, some of the whites I see out there would look right at home on a refrigerator. I like that there is just a hint of pearl to Sand White. Have you seen the new plain white in person? I wouldn't risk ordering any color unless I'd seen it on the car first. TEHO.
Agreed. I find sand white is one of the best colors on the Cayenne, which is probably why it is so common in ads and in vehicles loaned out for review. I was interested in sand yellow at one time, and would love any pics that hinted it was a strong color, but hate any pics that hinted it was a weak pastel color. Finally, after taking a dealer's large color sample outdoors and having another dealer tell me it was a weak pastel shade and was the last of his large first shipment of 2011s to sell, I decided to forget about taking a chance on the high-priced sand yellow. Even if I would like the color in person, there are none around to check out and probably will never be, which should not be true of the new white offering given enough time.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:04 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

the "White" 0Q is not available until november the dealer said, my car is already in PLPROD status and cant be changed.

the sand white is nice, just cant go wrong with a whiter white. off white will also help to make it less of a contrast between the black parts of interior and white.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:02 PM
Muhanad
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to see you went for the titan blue hope i helped there if you need anymore info please let me know

Quick Reply: The New Piglet!