Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

We have a club????
Old 06-28-2011, 04:37 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Originally Posted by D2k
Well, I was actually a little underwhelmed on the test drive. I was hoping it would be a little louder and that the exhaust would be a little growlier like the 911. I also did notice that the transmission had a hard time making up its mind sometimes when driven a little harder. Adaptive transmission I guess. However, SWMBO liked it. So in the end I got it for $38.5k and they threw in the previous owner's second set of wheels with Pirelli Scorpion tires as well as a full detail (it was badly swirled in direct sunlight) and a couple of other throw ins. I'm glad the 2 yr 50k CPO warranty is starting today at least. First mod is to transfer my laser jammer over.
Unless the CPO warranty has changed CPO starts the day the original factory warranty runs out and lasts for 2 yrs. from that date. You need to get the "In Service Date" (the day the vehicle was first sold), 4 yrs. from that date is the expiration of the mfgr's warranty, 2 yrs from that date will be the end of the CPO warranty.

Unless CPO has changed it will not start at the time you bought the car, that date has no effect on CPO status.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:03 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 993BillW
We have a club????
If we do, the possibilities with that one would be endless .....
Old 06-28-2011, 08:05 PM
D2k
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless the CPO warranty has changed CPO starts the day the original factory warranty runs out and lasts for 2 yrs. from that date. You need to get the "In Service Date" (the day the vehicle was first sold), 4 yrs. from that date is the expiration of the mfgr's warranty, 2 yrs from that date will be the end of the CPO warranty.

Unless CPO has changed it will not start at the time you bought the car, that date has no effect on CPO status.
Yup I asked about that a few times because that's how cpo usually works and more than one person at the dealership told me it was from the date of purchase and not first in service date which blew me away.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:50 PM
mcbit
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Over here the CPO can be purchased at any time following successful completion of a Porsche vehicle inspection. Limits are 200,000 kms or 9 yrs.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:14 AM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Attached Images  
Old 06-29-2011, 12:20 AM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Unfortunately, it's rumored Larry was the only one known to have the club's lone decoder ring...
Attached Images  
Old 06-29-2011, 08:14 AM
esseight
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by D2k
Yup I asked about that a few times because that's how cpo usually works and more than one person at the dealership told me it was from the date of purchase and not first in service date which blew me away.
I've asked about that myself in my search. It seems only if the vehicle is still within the factory 4 year warranty period is the additional two years is tacked on to the end, otherwise the two years starts with purchase. Here's the official line from the Porsche website:

The Porsche Approved Certified Preowned Program comprises two distinct limited warranty coverages.
1) The limited warranty covers up to 6 years or a cumulative 100,000 miles/160,000 kilometers, whichever comes first if the vehicle is still under the new car limited warranty.
2) The limited warranty covers 2 years from the date of sale, up to a cumulative 100,000 miles/ 160,000 kilometers from the current mileage on the odometer at the time of purchase.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:08 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Originally Posted by esseight
I've asked about that myself in my search. It seems only if the vehicle is still within the factory 4 year warranty period is the additional two years is tacked on to the end, otherwise the two years starts with purchase. Here's the official line from the Porsche website:

The Porsche Approved Certified Preowned Program comprises two distinct limited warranty coverages.
1) The limited warranty covers up to 6 years or a cumulative 100,000 miles/160,000 kilometers, whichever comes first if the vehicle is still under the new car limited warranty.
2) The limited warranty covers 2 years from the date of sale, up to a cumulative 100,000 miles/ 160,000 kilometers from the current mileage on the odometer at the time of purchase.
OK then, they've obviously changed the CPO program.

The first Pepper I was interested in (a Blue/Black S) was at 51k mi. and advertised as CPO. After I researched the CPO program on Porsche's web site I questioned how the car could be a CPO car (1 owner). After they researched it they "discovered" it wasn't eligible for the then current CPO program. Wound up getting a 36K mi Pepper that was truly a CPO car.

Good luck on your search.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:30 AM
D2k
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, after about a month of ownership, things have gone as expected. Not my daily driver but I do get to haul the family around in it on weekends and can use it after work.

It is burning about a quart every 500-1000 miles. I've had the dealer top off the oil twice and am trying to figure out what the actual interval is to make topping off more predictable. Still too early to tell. Luckily the Porsche dealer I got it from offers free fluid/oil topoffs otherwise those quarts of 0w40 would add up.

Noticed that the city lights in the xenon assembly were burning or had burned the housing. Not sure if the previous owner put LED's in there or something. Luckily the service dept was able to get me a replacement set covered by CPO.

Gas mileage: 19mpg if I'm coasting on the highway. 16-17 if I'm having more fun. About 250 miles when I start to hit 1/4 tank. Filling up is around $75 (91/92 octane).

Navigation is par for something German of that era. It zooms in when you start getting close to a turning point (anyone know how to turn this feature off?). In map mode it doesn't keep the arrow/your location in the middle of the screen.

I've taken it on a couple of roadtrips (~200 miles one way) and the thing is solid on the highway. Definitely feels like it is 5000+ lbs when coming to a stop. Around the turns it disguises its weight really well and doesn't lean much so it feels a little unnatural but I'll probably get used to it over time (and it will probably spoil me for the other cars in its class). Usually drive in low height and sport setting. The shock absorber settings don't seem to make a huge difference. The ride is still firm on normal and a little bouncy on comfort. Are the shock absorber settings more noticeable on rough roads or when going around a corner?
Old 08-02-2011, 08:25 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

We have a club????
When Larry's family sent him away along with his tight fitting pajamas with the arms that tie in the back, they told him he was going to a "country club".

I do miss him typing those classic posts with nothing but a #2 pencil in between his teeth.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:16 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,247 Likes on 783 Posts

I usually drive our Cayenne on "normal", because I find "sport" to be too firm (harder ride than the C4S) and "comfort" to be too soft. I generally keep it in the "low" suspension mode, and this combination works well.

Our Cayenne was my DD for some time, although it has been my wife's DD for the past 2 or 3 years. It used to feel quite sporty to me, but now that the C4S is my DD, the Cayenne feels like I'm driving a bus. Don't get me wrong - I really like it, but it's definitely a big, heavy vehicle.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:11 PM
francars
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good feedback on your CTT. Definetely different than "other" SUVs out there.

And thats pretty good gas/mileage you got there? I think I am about 12-13 mpg avg hwy/city
Old 08-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,247 Likes on 783 Posts

Actually, speaking of a club...

I'm still looking forward to the official Pig Pen T-shirt. Where do I place my order?
Old 08-02-2011, 03:31 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Actually, speaking of a club...

I'm still looking forward to the official Pig Pen T-shirt. Where do I place my order?
I offered to pay for the setup and screening costs "back in the day".
Too bad, it would have been a huge seller.

Quick Reply: May be joining the club soon!