Damaged wheels and $500 for window wipers

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 06:50 PM
nixul
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Marc, Many Thanks. Look forward to it.

Originally Posted by Marc Gelefsky
I will see if I can dig up the records, I think they replaced the wiper arms... but not sure.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:54 PM
nixul
Intermediate

Wow, That's great info. This blade are even Cayenne certified/OEM version. I may push the dealer change the arm for me.

I do 25 miles round commute every day. The gas should be ok. The brake ($2000) and the tire (at least $950) ARE expensive.

Originally Posted by yeldogt
I had a lot of problems with my wipers -- the dealer replaced all kinds of parts but eventually replaced the arms with an updated set and that took care of the problem. But .......... mine still likes new wipers. I get the OE Bosch blade set from Autohaus for $35.00. Bosch makes different compounds -- the soft ones work best -- but they don't last very long. They are about $75 dollars at the dealer --- and then they charge to install them!! I may use two sets every 12 months.

Some of the Porsche rims are easy to mark up -- and the car is difficult to parallel park ............. The rims are a minor problem --- Its the gas and the tires that will get you
Old 06-15-2011, 06:59 PM
nixul
Intermediate

I did some research on two forums about snow tires. Looks like it's not necessary to get 18" wheels. A lot people just put snow tires on 20" wheels and they are happy with it. The 20" tires are similar price with 18" ones, $200-$300 each. Basically there are three choices, from Bridgestone, Michellin, and Pirelli. Pirelli is Porsche certified.

Originally Posted by RESP
Great info!
I will be looking for 18" wheels for our 2012 to put snows on as well.

Quick Reply: Damaged wheels and $500 for window wipers