Sponsored by:

Memory Settings

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Tex94
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Memory Settings

Can anyone point me to some clear documentation on how driver memory works in the 2011/12 Cayenne? I've read the manual and picked up references in multiple threads on how confusing it all is. Has anyone written a clear "how to" guide for this?

I am picking up my new Cayenne in a few weeks and would love to be prepared for how this works. Here's my basic understanding:

- The memory function is largely driven by the key fob being used.

- The memory buttons on the driver/passenger door are driven by the key fob iteself (meaning driver #1 and #2 buttons and settings change for each key fob being used).

- The settings actually "float" based upon what is being used in the car. Meaning, for example, if you have all of your memory set up but you want to just change lumbar support briefly your memory settings are also adjusted.

- If you don't want the memory settings to be stored you have to press the "OFF" button on the doors or else settings (including PCM settings) will be adjusted.

Do I have that right? I do 98% of the driving in the car so it really isnt too much of an issue but I do valet my car almost daily (city parking garage) and they frequently change the seat settings to park the vehicle. I'd hate to readjust memory settings every day. Can I just click OFF and have that stay OFF permanently or do I need to press it every time I turn on the car?

Any help or tips are appreciated.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:25 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 406 Likes on 206 Posts

From my understanding, memory settings are tied to both the buttons on the door and the key fobs. Do yourself a favor and set up everything (seats, mirrors, hvac, stereo, etc) and then save to the seat memory. Those are persistent and will always override the memory in the key fobs.

The key fobs remember your last setting, say if you made an adjustment to your seat, hvac, mirrors, etc. (not sure about the stereo), only if the comfort memory is ON. However, this is sometimes inconsistent for me. Hitting the seat memory buttons will revert everything back to the last save against the button. When you valet your car, try to remember to turn the comfort settings OFF with the button on the door, that way none of the adjustments the valet makes will stick with the key.

Quick Reply: Memory Settings