Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some gratuitous pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011 | 10:49 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Default Some gratuitous pics

Just got through waxing the P!g and snapped a few shots. I'd also been looking for the right light to try to give a natural representation of the Umber interior, for anyone who might be interested in that color. I think this is fairly close.
Attached Images      
Old 05-24-2011 | 11:33 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Great shots, Mike! Really like the sand white, you're kind of making me regret not getting it!
Old 05-25-2011 | 12:23 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

sand white looks great, when i was ordering i wanted white but the word sand and the sample in the booklet looks creamish to me..

on my 2012 order, im def doing sand white... its completely "flat" paint, meaning no metallic correct?
Old 05-25-2011 | 12:25 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by slwong23
Great shots, Mike! Really like the sand white, you're kind of making me regret not getting it!
Thanks, though I'd have no regrets if I had your beautiful silver color!
Old 05-25-2011 | 12:35 AM
gte
Advanced

Mike,

Like the white, I debated between the black and white and finally went with the JBM. Still not sure I made the right decision. Love that interior color also.

George
Old 05-25-2011 | 12:36 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by rijowysock
sand white looks great, when i was ordering i wanted white but the word sand and the sample in the booklet looks creamish to me..

on my 2012 order, im def doing sand white... its completely "flat" paint, meaning no metallic correct?
I'm pretty sure even the Porsche "flat" colors have a clearcoat now which might contribute to the fact that even though it's white it has some depth to it. But it's definitely not metallic or pearl. Also while it's not really a cream white it's also not a refrigerator white either. My friend has a Honda Ridgeline that is very white and parked together you can see the difference between it and the Pepper. IMO, that's a plus.

Originally Posted by gte
Mike,

Like the white, I debated between the black and white and finally went with the JBM. Still not sure I made the right decision. Love that interior color also.

George
Thanks George! I love JBM, and considered it along with white and my usual silver. Never owned white before so went that way for a change of pace.
Old 05-25-2011 | 01:11 AM
francars
Three Wheelin'

Thats very nice Mike! Love the Sand White. Are you planning on doing more mods in the future?
Old 05-25-2011 | 02:37 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Gorgeous int/ext combo. Thank you for posting Mike. I changed to JBM in the last minute from sand white. The only reason I avoided sand white was the fact that the clear bra will yellow over time and that is not a forgiving color. I saw a sand white yesterday. Absolutely stunning color for the Cayenne.
Old 05-25-2011 | 03:01 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by francars
Thats very nice Mike! Love the Sand White. Are you planning on doing more mods in the future?

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Gorgeous int/ext combo. Thank you for posting Mike. I changed to JBM in the last minute from sand white. The only reason I avoided sand white was the fact that the clear bra will yellow over time and that is not a forgiving color. I saw a sand white yesterday. Absolutely stunning color for the Cayenne.
Thanks for the comments guys. As for mods, I'm satisfied with the car as it is. My only complaint, if you want to call it that, is that the exhaust is so quiet. My Carrera S has PSE, which I love, and even the Audi S4 V8 that I sold to buy the Cayenne had a more aggressive sound. In retrospect I think I would order the sport exhaust and have thought about what it would take to retrofit it. But my understanding is that in addition to the exhaust and labor a new rear valence is required so it's probably not worth it. Other than that, I can't think of anything I'd add. Got a good suggestion?
Old 05-25-2011 | 05:58 AM
Nemic
Advanced

Yours looks amazing in White. Our local dealer had 2 demo models in White - and also a white Panamera - they all look great.

Last edited by Nemic; 05-25-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-25-2011 | 01:14 PM
bgsntth
Racer

Sonnen sells Fabspeed exhaust, and assured me they would back any warranty concerns. The PSE with the V8 does sound glorious, and I think a worthy investment to truly revel in judicious applications of the throttle.
Old 05-25-2011 | 02:37 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I'm satisfied with the car as it is. My only complaint, if you want to call it that, is that the exhaust is so quiet.
https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...ml#post8348075

Regarding comment #334 - are you now considering replacing that "well engineered factory exhaust system"?
Old 05-25-2011 | 03:16 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...ml#post8348075

Regarding comment #334 - are you now considering replacing that "well engineered factory exhaust system"?
I can see you have a very good memory, Pops. Best be careful what I say! In the past, having installed aftermarket exhausts like the Gemballa I was referring to in that post, I can attest that some are ultimately not as satisfying from the standpoint of performance (loss of mid-range torque) or sound (drone, resonance) as the factory exhausts. At least I know with the stock exhaust that I won't have those problems. But as I learned, you'd already owned a Gemballa so my cautionary note to you on that score was unneccesary.

Anyway, if I decide I need more aural stimulation, I would indeed go with a different "well engineered factory exhaust system" like PSE.
Old 05-25-2011 | 06:44 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Nice shine Mike!
BTW, do you really think that we should be calling the new Cayennes p!gs as well?
Maybe it's time for a poll on the subject?
Old 05-25-2011 | 07:04 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Andy E.
Nice shine Mike!
BTW, do you really think that we should be calling the new Cayennes p!gs as well?
Maybe it's time for a poll on the subject?
I believe "sow", "swine", and "boar" are still available.

Quick Reply: Some gratuitous pics