Sponsored by:

2012 build dates?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 01:34 PM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

The blue and black interior is my favorite

If they would offer the sane black trim on beige interior I might have taken the beige

But I am so done with light trunk liner

Blue it is
Old 05-23-2011, 02:09 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
the Air Susp rode so amazingly in that TT i drove..
I so wish that was optional.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:17 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
I so wish that was optional.
EW, I can't recall what you posted about this previously. Why do you dislike AS so much?
Old 05-23-2011, 02:19 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
EW, I can't recall what you posted about this previously. Why do you dislike AS so much?
You & I discussed this previously. I gotta go dig it up. Give me a sec.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:31 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Here we go:

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...questions.html
Old 05-23-2011, 02:49 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Porsche feels that it's "value added" to have PASM and AS on the Turbo but that's small consolation if it doesn't suit someone, for whatever reason, who wants a TT anyway. They probably should make it optional and drop the base price on the TT. Yeah, like they're going to do that.....
Old 05-23-2011, 03:08 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Have the PASM optional and sports exhaust standard. Now THAT will never happen
Old 05-24-2011, 06:05 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

so your saying you want the AS stiffer Enigma? i know from previous vehicles the stiffness doesnt change too much, but just leaving it in normal should be comparable to shocks/struts?
Old 05-24-2011, 06:08 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 198 Posts

dealer is telling me today if vehicle gets exported within 6 months of ownership PCNA can "blacklist" a buyer from buying future porsches?

i have buyer interested but he is a dealer and my dealer says if he were to sell vehicle and was exported, the VIN comes back to my name and they can blacklist me for future purchased based on this?

curious what thoughts people have, the buyer wants to pay.. but im hesitant to close deal.. (they said its like a 10k fine against dealer as well if vehicle is exported)
What did you decide? Sell or no? Inquiring minds wanna know...
Old 05-24-2011, 06:25 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by slwong23
What did you decide? Sell or no? Inquiring minds wanna know...
it's back and forth but my main concern is the dealer not getting in trouble.. and the dealer has thus suggested two routes:

A: they order the new cayenne now @ discount and give me full MSRP for my vehicle at trade in when the new one arrives

B: they order the new cayenne now @ discount and i sell my cayenne privately when the new one comes in which will put us just around that 6 month export cutoff.

I never realized the export business was as big as it is until putting this car for sale online, everyday i get 10 calls from dealers wanting to buy at asking ($58k) and even some offering more to buy the car as a dealer with plans to export (either states or inferred). I guess it makes sense if Porsche Dealers will not sell them the cars and their is a great profit to be made (V6 sells for 120k when i was in colombia, and i can only guess how much they sell for elsewhere in the world)

my current intentions are to order a 2012 later this week, leave my for sale listing up and do a sale (to a dealer or private) when the 6 month window is approaching... and worst case scenario, trade the car back to the dealer around ~53k (versus private sale around ~58k)

either way the demand for these vehicles is insanely strong, when i test drove the V8/TT the other day, even the local dealer who screws everyone over offered me ~50k as a trade in price.

makes perfect sense however considering the vast improvements in the vehicle and of course the delay to buy them new (have to order).. i could jump to V8/TT but this V6 is honestly a perfect vehicle for my environment... i've maybe only 2-3 times said to myself "wish it had more power" it always seems to wanna get up and go and acts perfectly while driving and not sluggish in the least (like the previous heavier V6)

p.s. as far as the 2012 is concerned i still want White exterior, black trim, black wheels, titanium blue interior... but the other options are still in the air which is why i need to get it figured out.. i want air suspension but at the same time it reverts to standard position at speed and only lowers manually at standstill.... one desire is to have the air suspension for off road/etc.. but at the same time i would like a lower ride height at all times other than off road.... crests in headrest are great, but 14 way seats intrigue me... also i am on the fence about rear sun shades and a towing hitch.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:50 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 198 Posts

Interesting... If I had an offer for full msrp value on my Cayenne by the time a custom 2012 arrived, I'm pretty certain I would take that deal.

Good luck with your decision!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:23 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

i want air suspension but at the same time it reverts to standard position at speed and only lowers manually at standstill.... one desire is to have the air suspension for off road/etc.. but at the same time i would like a lower ride height at all times other than off road.....
Unless you're talking about the loading position, which isn't designed for driving, that's not the case. Low Level 1, which is just a bit shy of 1" lower than standard, is manually selectable and stays at that level as long as it's not unselected with the switch regardless of speed. (Unless you hit and hold 130MPH for more than 40 seconds at which point it drops to Low Level II automatically. LL II is not manually selectable) It stays in LL I even after stopping and restarting the car. After playing around with it a bit after I got my CS, I set the AS at Low Level I and left it there. It hasn't changed from that position since I set it either while driving or parked overnight, but then I haven't had a chance to go over 130 yet!
Old 05-25-2011, 12:27 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by slwong23
Interesting... If I had an offer for full msrp value on my Cayenne by the time a custom 2012 arrived, I'm pretty certain I would take that deal.

Good luck with your decision!
but the other options are 5k over, which makes it a debate, but still have the dealer trade offer to fall back on. like i stated before in earlier threads before the vehicle even came in, the fact that it is a low MSRP vehicle really helps.. every other cayenne thats available for purchase has a higher (10k+ higher) MSRP, so mine even over list is thousands less and the way i built it is appealing to many i find.

im doing the deal, because i feel that the v6 will be strong for quite a bit longer.. i would say they really messed up building this vehicle, too light and same power as before makes it a beast... i was driving tonight across the 15 mile causeway here, 90-100 and really at no time did i say "this car needs more power"... some say they need the v8 for towing... jeez, i never heard where 300hp was not enough for towing... i would feel more than comfortable with 3 tons on the back of this vehicle.
Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Unless you're talking about the loading position, which isn't designed for driving, that's not the case. Low Level 1, which is just a bit shy of 1" lower than standard, is manually selectable and stays at that level as long as it's not unselected with the switch regardless of speed. (Unless you hit and hold 130MPH for more than 40 seconds at which point it drops to Low Level II automatically. LL II is not manually selectable) It stays in LL I even after stopping and restarting the car. After playing around with it a bit after I got my CS, I set the AS at Low Level I and left it there. It hasn't changed from that position since I set it either while driving or parked overnight, but then I haven't had a chance to go over 130 yet!
good to know.. i saw the bit about 130mph, also the bit about 50mpg and 19mph on the off road modes...
Old 05-29-2011, 03:38 PM
nsfw
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was thinking of ordering a basic V6 like the OP, but the scary thing is the financial details.. Very up in the air. Currently the financing numbers are pretty terrible with Porsche:

36 Month 15K miles – Residual 54% of MSRP – .00240 Base Rate

Looks like the residuals is dropping fast. Of course this is a 2011. So any Porsche experts out there? Could one image that if you order a MY2012 one could expect a Residual around 57% once we take delivery of the latest and greatest model? Of course bumping up 2 pts if you only take 12k miles or 3 pts if you take 10k miles. I think my local Bank of Theft can do better than .00240 too. Thats 5.75%.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:47 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by nsfw
Was thinking of ordering a basic V6 like the OP, but the scary thing is the financial details.. Very up in the air. Currently the financing numbers are pretty terrible with Porsche:

36 Month 15K miles – Residual 54% of MSRP – .00240 Base Rate

Looks like the residuals is dropping fast. Of course this is a 2011. So any Porsche experts out there? Could one image that if you order a MY2012 one could expect a Residual around 57% once we take delivery of the latest and greatest model? Of course bumping up 2 pts if you only take 12k miles or 3 pts if you take 10k miles. I think my local Bank of Theft can do better than .00240 too. Thats 5.75%.
not sure on this, i havent financed in a while.. just made me so upset every month to see how the numbers just screw me royally. end of day id rather drive a smart car outright than pay financing charges... these banks just get away with murder on this stuff.. putting everyone in debt (but buyers fault too sometimes)

Quick Reply: 2012 build dates?