Sponsored by:

2012 build dates?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 07:09 PM
MAPC
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

To answer the original question that you posed:

I ordered 2012 about 2 weeks ago. Production is sched. formed to late June for late July/early Aug delivery.

As of last week, order was locked and I could not change options. If you can still change options, you are likely looking at an August build.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:15 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MAPC
To answer the original question that you posed:

I ordered 2012 about 2 weeks ago. Production is sched. formed to late June for late July/early Aug delivery.

As of last week, order was locked and I could not change options. If you can still change options, you are likely looking at an August build.
thank you very much, the local dealers only guess was "august/sept delivery" as well but since he had no confirmed build slots to show that i felt that was a "guess" and a "longshot" versus truth... honestly did not think they would be producing the 12's so soon, thought slots just opened and would be like nov delivery at least.. august is VERY close.. 90 days!.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:32 AM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
i really wasn't sure on two tone interior until i saw the contrast stitching and also how badly the sun glares off a lighter color dash.
I can't believe that they still make those full beige interior, may be they think a lot of Cadillac buyer / 70 years old looking for white carpet, are out there wanting to buy a cayenne.

This is silly, they need to make the dash black on all cars, as well as the carpet and trunk liner. The Audi Q5 does a great job on that, only seat and couple things get the beige treatment.

I can't stand glare and reflection of my interior into all the windows.

PS: did you see what color was the trunk carpet and plastic liner when you order the blue interior ?
Old 05-20-2011, 01:11 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by philooo
I can't believe that they still make those full beige interior, may be they think a lot of Cadillac buyer / 70 years old looking for white carpet, are out there wanting to buy a cayenne.

This is silly, they need to make the dash black on all cars, as well as the carpet and trunk liner. The Audi Q5 does a great job on that, only seat and couple things get the beige treatment.

I can't stand glare and reflection of my interior into all the windows.

PS: did you see what color was the trunk carpet and plastic liner when you order the blue interior ?
have not ordered yet, i think it's black however.

Last edited by rijowysock; 05-20-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:55 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

dealer is telling me today if vehicle gets exported within 6 months of ownership PCNA can "blacklist" a buyer from buying future porsches?

i have buyer interested but he is a dealer and my dealer says if he were to sell vehicle and was exported, the VIN comes back to my name and they can blacklist me for future purchased based on this?

curious what thoughts people have, the buyer wants to pay.. but im hesitant to close deal.. (they said its like a 10k fine against dealer as well if vehicle is exported)
Old 05-20-2011, 05:24 PM
rlporter5
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started a thread on this about three weeks ago, but I'm happy to repeat the answer to your question. I ordered a V6, white, premium package and a few other options. I was given a 6/30 build date and so far that has held for three weeks. Delivery to Florida in early August is the target.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:05 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by rlporter5
I started a thread on this about three weeks ago, but I'm happy to repeat the answer to your question. I ordered a V6, white, premium package and a few other options. I was given a 6/30 build date and so far that has held for three weeks. Delivery to Florida in early August is the target.
sorry for not finding your thread, thank you for stating it again.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:33 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 125 Posts

it's looking like 7 now.. guy is driving over tomorrow with cash.. pre negotiated a little before driving.. 7 still covers my full leather and air susp on the new one however.. side note... debating taking that $3980 air susp money and picking other stuff, but at the same time... the Air Susp rode so amazingly in that TT i drove..
I absolutely love my suspension setup of pasm and ptv. Handles like a sports car. See no personal need for AS. Just throwing that out there. Then again, never drove one with AS to compare.

Good luck bro!
Old 05-21-2011, 12:53 AM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

dealer is telling me today if vehicle gets exported within 6 months of ownership PCNA can "blacklist" a buyer from buying future porsches?

i have buyer interested but he is a dealer and my dealer says if he were to sell vehicle and was exported, the VIN comes back to my name and they can blacklist me for future purchased based on this?

curious what thoughts people have, the buyer wants to pay.. but im hesitant to close deal.. (they said its like a 10k fine against dealer as well if vehicle is exported)
Now you know why your buyer wants to pay a premium...
Old 05-21-2011, 03:26 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by GBX
I absolutely love my suspension setup of pasm and ptv. Handles like a sports car. See no personal need for AS. Just throwing that out there. Then again, never drove one with AS to compare.

Good luck bro!
Having the ability to change ride height is nice but not a game changer unless you're going off-road and I don't think that ride quality is compromised with the standard suspension versus AS. A big reason for having AS, however, is that it's required if you want PDCC which, IMO, is a game changer. I won't go so far as to say my '11 CS handles like my Carrera S with sport PASM; it's physically impossible to hide the extra 3/4 of a ton of weight and the additional height. But the combo of PASM, PTV, AS, and PDCC almost overcome the laws of physics. The turn in and flat corning attitude of the CS with these suspension bits is just nothing short of amazing. It's simply mind blowing to throw a vehicle this size into a turn and have the front end go where you want it with no understeer and virtually no lean. The only limitation, really, is the rubber although the Pirelli Scorpions grip well for an all weather tire; the chassis is just phenomenal.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:25 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Having the ability to change ride height is nice but not a game changer unless you're going off-road and I don't think that ride quality is compromised with the standard suspension versus AS. A big reason for having AS, however, is that it's required if you want PDCC which, IMO, is a game changer. I won't go so far as to say my '11 CS handles like my Carrera S with sport PASM; it's physically impossible to hide the extra 3/4 of a ton of weight and the additional height. But the combo of PASM, PTV, AS, and PDCC almost overcome the laws of physics. The turn in and flat corning attitude of the CS with these suspension bits is just nothing short of amazing. It's simply mind blowing to throw a vehicle this size into a turn and have the front end go where you want it with no understeer and virtually no lean. The only limitation, really, is the rubber although the Pirelli Scorpions grip well for an all weather tire; the chassis is just phenomenal.
Wow. Mne handles exactly how you described so I can't even imagine what it's like with PDCC.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by GBX
Wow. Mne handles exactly how you described so I can't even imagine what it's like with PDCC.
The fact that we both have PTV is a big part of why our cars handle similarly, I think. That subtle application of the brake on the inside rear wheel in a turn really helps rotate the car and makes the front end go right where we point it as soon as we make steering input. Pretty cool, right? PDCC adds that extra stability as icing on an already tasty cake!
Old 05-21-2011, 05:54 PM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Test drove an S and Turbo today, the Turbo is "HOLY FREAKING ****", the S on the other hand was quicker 30mph+ and def quicker for short passing bursts on highway but still cannot justify the 12k difference honestly, especially since my driving is either city driving (like downtown) or highway.. highway would be fun but 0-35mph in city would be same... to me
From your point of view, you would love the Cayenne diesel, to bad its not avaliable in the US.
Very strong acceleration of the line up to 40-50 mph, I test drove one las week and I was quite impressed with this monster torque machine.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:17 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Galion
From your point of view, you would love the Cayenne diesel, to bad its not avaliable in the US.
Very strong acceleration of the line up to 40-50 mph, I test drove one las week and I was quite impressed with this monster torque machine.
i was hoping it would be for 2012 but no news yet, ive never had a diesel but the advantages outweigh the known pitfalls in my book.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:31 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by philooo

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/ca...enne/gallery/#

it's black, shows in these pics here

Quick Reply: 2012 build dates?