Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black/Black CTT on Highway I4 from Orlando to Tampa late last night?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011 | 02:39 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Question Black/Black CTT on Highway I4 from Orlando to Tampa late last night?

not sure the exact time.. between 10pm-12am...

passed a gorgeous all black CTT on I4... (keeping with traffic at around 85, while the CTT was doing maybe 60? (speed limit 70)

got off exit 55, ate some food.. got back on I4 and passed you AGAIN!... (again same circumstances... no fast and furious racing, just keeping with traffic)

i find it ironic how most will dog the V6 or even the V8 because of the turbo, but at the end of the day it's how you drive the vehicle.. i was not being a bat out of hell, just keeping with traffic and managed to pass a CTT twice in one single drive... (pet peeve of mine, after a 997.2 PDK TT driver dogged me about buying a base when he had yet to see anything over 70mph and also said he never gave it more than 20% throttle cause didn't want to "hurt" his car..)

either way, beautiful car!..

-riley

Last edited by rijowysock; 05-15-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old 05-15-2011 | 05:05 AM
bigbuzuki
Pro

I wonder what the CTT driver was thinking about your 6 cylinder Cayenne and driving style as you passed him.
Old 05-15-2011 | 10:35 AM
comis_hq
Instructor

I think Highlander is faster than 6 cylinder Cayenne too...
Old 05-15-2011 | 12:03 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Funny this post came up today. Yesterday, a silver P!G dared to race on Grand Central for about 4-5 miles. How I'd love for that dude to chime in, to tell me what the phook he was thinking, trying to take on a CTT in his V6 and if he'll ever try doing it again
Old 05-15-2011 | 02:27 PM
hrd
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bigbuzuki
I wonder what the CTT driver was thinking about your 6 cylinder Cayenne and driving style as you passed him.
Depends partly on whether or not rijowysock has one of those "My other car is a...' bumper sticker.
Old 05-15-2011 | 04:33 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

its 4 lane wide highway, the entire highway (including the tiny prius') were cruise at 80-85mph.. the CTT was maybe doing 60-65mph (70mph zone)

i was not "fast and furious" passing him for the sake of being cool, i was simply driving with traffic and managed to pass the same CTT twice on a short stretch of highway because his rate of speed was far below normal.

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Funny this post came up today. Yesterday, a silver P!G dared to race on Grand Central for about 4-5 miles. How I'd love for that dude to chime in, to tell me what the phook he was thinking, trying to take on a CTT in his V6 and if he'll ever try doing it again
i know the CTT is godzilla of the SUV's, but if you drive it like a vespa like this guy was, then i feel buying the CTT is a pure waste, like the other references i made of people **** talking the other models while they never even push their car to 50% of what it is capable of... think: buying a 1500 hp gallardo TT and then driving it around the city at a max speed of 30mph, making fun of all the normal gallardo's driving around town.

i was at 3k rpm's in 8th gear getting 25mpg, my driving style was far from erratic..
Old 05-15-2011 | 04:47 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rijowysock

i know the CTT is godzilla of the SUV's, but if you drive it like a vespa like this guy was, then i feel buying the CTT is a pure waste, like the other references i made of people **** talking the other models while they never even push their car to 50% of what it is capable of... think: buying a 1500 hp gallardo TT and then driving it around the city at a max speed of 30mph, making fun of all the normal gallardo's driving around town.

i was at 3k rpm's in 8th gear getting 25mpg, my driving style was far from erratic..
Riley, so essentially, what you're saying is that an owner of a CTT MUST drive it at :::insert YOUR acceptable speed here::: at all times? I couldn't disagree more. People with fast cars have nothing to prove to anyone on the road. What if s/he was in the car deep in conversation, enjoying the drive, not being interested in speeding or simply going fast? I'm sure we could all think of a few dozen scenarios for not driving fast, so I hope you get my point.

Now, if you perhaps challenged the CTT driver and s/he acknowledged, took you up on it and you somehow would have ended up winning, then yes - it is all about the driver.

Otherwise, I find it very difficult to relate to your post. I love to drive fast and most of the time do, but sometimes I just don't feel like proving a car, that I know stands no chance, wrong
Old 05-15-2011 | 05:17 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Riley, so essentially, what you're saying is that an owner of a CTT MUST drive it at :::insert YOUR acceptable speed here::: at all times? I couldn't disagree more. People with fast cars have nothing to prove to anyone on the road. What if s/he was in the car deep in conversation, enjoying the drive, not being interested in speeding or simply going fast? I'm sure we could all think of a few dozen scenarios for not driving fast, so I hope you get my point.

Now, if you perhaps challenged the CTT driver and s/he acknowledged, took you up on it and you somehow would have ended up winning, then yes - it is all about the driver.

Otherwise, I find it very difficult to relate to your post. I love to drive fast and most of the time do, but sometimes I just don't feel like proving a car, that I know stands no chance, wrong

not saying he had to prove anything, i am saying that he bought the double/triple the cost version and was driving at 15mph below the speed limit, which was 25mph lower than the average rate of speed for every vehicle on said highway (semi's, prius's, and old folks/retards included).

i have never "challenged a driver in a road race" but clearly the CTT would win 0-60, 60-135, etc.

again not saying to "prove the car to every car on the road' but instead... spending double/triple the cost on a car and driving well below the speed limit causing almost a problem for other drivers is embarrassing for the vehicle.

think about when your driving on a large highway and there is that one guy driving at a snails pace, to the extent where every person has to then avoid him.. and you say you yourself "hey *******, speed the F up!" ... that was my scenario twice last night, on a short stretch of road, and the other car just so happened to be a CTT.. he could have gone faster in a vespa,

understand my non fast and furious/aggressive point of view?
Old 05-15-2011 | 05:19 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Riley, you have no idea why that person was driving slow. It's not like you got to observe this driver for a few months, on daily basis, to see that indeed, that is what s/he does. Why am I stating the obvious?

Unless you'll tell me that you saw the driver and it was a 90+ year old grandma, I won't agree with anything you say on this matter
Old 05-15-2011 | 05:20 PM
hrd
Intermediate

It could also be the CTT driver would have been just as happy with a CS, but wanted so many expensive options that the price was not all that far from the price of a CTT. I emailed a configuration for a loaded CS to a local Porsche sales manager and asked for feedback. He said I should get the Turbo, that I would lose 40K on the CS as soon as I drove off the lot with my new car, what with the price difference between my CS configuration and the average one so much greater than what it would be for a CTT where more of the options are already included. He knew I wanted a car that would perform, but I never said the extra horsepower mattered to me. I did configure a Turbo to similar specs afterwards and found out the price difference was only about 22K instead of the 40K difference in base price. Plus, for 22K more, the CTT would include a few extras that come with the premium package plus (four-zone climate control and adaptive cruise control) that I would not order for a CS.
Old 05-15-2011 | 06:03 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

The question is what the CTT driver did while you were eating.. apparently he wasn't driving; Where did he stop?

I need this essential bit of information to make a decision about who won because maybe what he did, was more than enough to redeem him for his "slow driving".

Old 05-15-2011 | 06:13 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
The question is what the CTT driver did while you were eating.. apparently he wasn't driving; Where did he stop?

I need this essential bit of information to make a decision about who won because maybe what he did, was more than enough to redeem him for his "slow driving".

lol.

i guess i am the only person in the world that see's someone driving recklessly slow and gets frustrated, this frustration only growing when the person is driving an excessively fast automobile.
Old 05-15-2011 | 06:44 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

I am always driving SLOW..

Now seriously if this thread is about people that drive slow on the left lane or whatever I am with you, in fact I would like to see them arrested for dangerous driving and be treated the same way, as drivers that drive fast in front of schools.

If the thread has a sociological perspective in it regarding car buyers and their choices then good luck opening this box... We can talk for hours.

Why people want to buy the latest and greatest?
Why buy a 500hp two ton car when they can get the job done with a 10 year old sedan? Where will they use it?

Come on.. why you bought a "basic" Cayenne and a Lotus? I can name 10 cars that are better for normal day to day stuff than them, cheaper, prettier, etc etc.

They do it because they feel like it and because they can, and thankfully it's still their prerogative.
Old 05-15-2011 | 07:04 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

I just wanted to see if you still have the legfur with the warm weather. Slow down, sasquatch.
Old 05-15-2011 | 07:13 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Divot
I just wanted to see if you still have the legfur with the warm weather. Slow down, sasquatch.
Your P!G isn't even from the same generation as that one.

P.S. No amount of leg fur would slow me down