Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scored Cylinder 2004 Porsche Cayenne S

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 12:18 PM
wrinkledpants
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't know why people bother buying a CS. Toureg V8 is cheaper to buy, cheaper to insure, looks better, better ergonomics, and the 4.2 V8 is utterly bomb proof. With all these scored cylinders in the CS, and on cars with solid histories and low miles, I just can't see ever risking that kind of repair. Maybe it's just me, but it's either a Turbo or a first gen Touareg V8. The second gens with the FSI motor had timing chain problems that are roughly 5-7K to repair as it's a motor pull to do it.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:51 AM
bigbuzuki
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkledpants
I don't know why people bother buying a CS. Toureg V8 is cheaper to buy, cheaper to insure, looks better, better ergonomics, and the 4.2 V8 is utterly bomb proof. With all these scored cylinders in the CS, and on cars with solid histories and low miles, I just can't see ever risking that kind of repair. Maybe it's just me, but it's either a Turbo or a first gen Touareg V8. The second gens with the FSI motor had timing chain problems that are roughly 5-7K to repair as it's a motor pull to do it.
Probably because they want a Porsche V8 which is quicker and performs, handles better than the Touareg.
Also the CS looks better than the VW

Quick Reply: Scored Cylinder 2004 Porsche Cayenne S