Sponsored by:

Anyone Have a Cargo Partition Net?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 06:12 PM
seankrider
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by medtech
Also, when you use the net, you can also still use the alarm, as the net prevents them from triggering the motion sensor.
Not my dogs! Every darn time they set it off. Probably the rocking motion - they think they're tough from inside a car...
Old 12-21-2011, 11:01 PM
mcbit
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by medtech
The simple answer is, no.

The cassette attaches to the cargo area, above the cargo cover. The cargo cover attaches to the back of the seats. With the seats down the net would still only cover the top half, so it wouldn't work as a barrier for dogs.

Although you can use both at the same time, if you have a large dog, the cargo cover sticks out into the cargo area and reduces the useable space a bit. Since I have 2 large dogs, I remove the cargo cover when they are in the back.

Also, when you use the net, you can also still use the alarm, as the net prevents them from triggering the motion sensor.
...or yes. , the net is a bit more versatile than it seems at first glance.
Attached Images   
Old 12-22-2011, 09:29 AM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mcbit
...or yes. , the net is a bit more versatile than it seems at first glance.
Now THAT is an impressive feature.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:46 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, I am totally bass-ackwards on my previous post. The cargo net attaches to the seats and the cover snaps into the rear quarter panels.

Thanks for the pics, MCbit.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:37 AM
s928s
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one never use...Pm if you are interested.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:07 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by seankrider
Not my dogs! Every darn time they set it off. Probably the rocking motion - they think they're tough from inside a car...
Sean,

It might be that they are sticking their heads around the side of the net.

You can disable the motion sensor, but it's kind of a PITA.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:06 PM
irishman2
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the explanation - the photos were perfect. I couldn't find that explanation on the Porsche web site. But that's not surprising - Porsche doesn't seem to very customer oriented - it's almost like we should just be thrilled that they sold us one of their cars.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:15 AM
Jeff928S4
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I recently bought a 2006 Cayenne S (to go with the 928) and had a question about this cargo net set up......

I was taking a left-hand turn last night and hear this ungodly "BANG". I think, "great, something broke underneath". Pull over, can't find anything - open the rear hatch and find the cargo net bar-thingy laying on the floor.

I pick it up and notice it slides into two metal brackets - I slid it back in and went on my way.

Now, after reading this thread, I see how it can be moved from the top to the bottom of the back of the seat - thing is......what the heck holds it there??? The manual shows that you just slide it to the left until it stops - there is no sign of a clip or anything to keep it from sliding back to the right. Mine slides quite freely.

Is there a way to adjust the bracket or something to keep it from shooting off to the right on left hand turns??? Hate to have that thing go shooting through a window.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:47 AM
RKD in OKC
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

When you arm the alarm, click the keyfob a second time, the lights will flash again. The second click disables the interior motion detector. Not much hassle at all.

That and how to operate the cargo net are in my CS 04 owner's manual. Though I've never tried to use the cargo net, my Golden likes the back seat with a window down.
Old 06-29-2015, 03:58 PM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Anybody Needs One?

I never use mine. PM...
Old 06-30-2015, 05:33 PM
Wisconsin Joe
Nordschleife Master

Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff928S4
I recently bought a 2006 Cayenne S (to go with the 928) and had a question about this cargo net set up......

I was taking a left-hand turn last night and hear this ungodly "BANG". I think, "great, something broke underneath". Pull over, can't find anything - open the rear hatch and find the cargo net bar-thingy laying on the floor.

I pick it up and notice it slides into two metal brackets - I slid it back in and went on my way.

Now, after reading this thread, I see how it can be moved from the top to the bottom of the back of the seat - thing is......what the heck holds it there??? The manual shows that you just slide it to the left until it stops - there is no sign of a clip or anything to keep it from sliding back to the right. Mine slides quite freely.

Is there a way to adjust the bracket or something to keep it from shooting off to the right on left hand turns??? Hate to have that thing go shooting through a window.
It shouldn't slide freely. It should slide in part way, then get really hard to push, then "pop" the last little bit. The "sockets" in the seat back have a narrow part that the "buttons' on the "cargo-net-bar-thingy" need to be forced through to get it to lock (more or less) into place.

I just took mine out for the first time since I got it and it took 5 or 6 good hard smacks with the heel of my hand to get it loose.

Either your sockets are worn to the point that they won't hold it into place, or (more likely IMO) you just didn't have it in all the way.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:27 AM
vtgt
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Old thread but I'm looking for one for two of Aussie beasts for short trips. I cannot seem to find on fleabay or even elsewhere wth this per number.

Anyone have one they are willing to let go?

or does everyone just ditch these and use a dog blanket protective across back seats and harnesse? My dogs seem to prefer the trunk and it frees up space for back seat for humans
Old 03-25-2017, 02:16 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 126 Posts

I have a black one and a dark grey cargo cover. PM me.

Cheers,
TomF
Old 03-25-2017, 02:46 PM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 997 Likes on 530 Posts

If you just get a bigger dog they won't be able to fit over the seats.

At least that's how it works with my GSD.
Old 03-25-2017, 03:35 PM
jtsmith18
Racer

Received 88 Likes on 73 Posts

I have one in California if that is of interest.

Quick Reply: Anyone Have a Cargo Partition Net?