Sponsored by:

100k maintainence items

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 03:32 AM
echerbst
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 100k maintainence items

Looks like I'm gonna pull the trigger on this 100k mile 06 TTS. It has never had any issues or anything repaired under warranty. Just oil changes, filter, plugs. Pretty crazy, this must have been a good one.

I am gonna put my wife and kid in it so just wanted to know what people have been seeing fuel pump failures at. Prolly gonna take on road trip to Florida in summer and dont want to be screwed. I have my own shop and will be doing all the repairs so thats not an issue.

Gonna change coolant pipes, water pump, plugs, coils, serp belt. Diff, trans, transfer case fluids.

Any other suggestions while I got it torn down.

Gonna make a set of bypass pipes and throw in some good diverter valves too.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:30 AM
bigbuzuki
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Check out your:
rear cardan shaft centre bearing,
Front control arm bushings.
Fuel tank vent valve.

Your transmission valve body if you have harsh shifting.
Air conditioning servo valves under the dash if they are noisy.

These along with your list should give you another 100k miles of trouble free motoring.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:40 AM
echerbst
Intermediate

Thanks for all the helps and input guys. Just got done changing all the fluids, trans, transfer case, diffs, engine oil. It has the updated coils and coolant pipes already so that was a score. This car is so clean and well taken care of it's sick. Ready for another 100k.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:39 AM
CayenneKid
Intermediate

Sweet!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:55 AM
s4for5
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default curious about doing the trans fluids>>

I know you said you have your own shop but I understand there is a very specific procedure needed to properly change the tranny fluid.
Proper diag interface needed, vehicle run up to specific tranny fluid temps only viewable using Porsche diag tool, etc.
How did you do yours?
Old 04-15-2011, 03:00 AM
echerbst
Intermediate

You can get a durametric to read trans temp thats pretty cheap, I have one that reads trans temp. You could also use an infared temp gun they are pretty accurate too. I have an OTC scan tool that also reads datastream and gives me trans temp. All you are doing it getting the trans up to temp. 40 C, and filling it full at that temp. Nothing more.

Everyone makes it seem like its so difficult to change trans fluid. Drain out the old fluid. Drop the pan to clean and change filter. Install pan. Remove fill plug. I have a cool adapter that threads into the pan and I pump fluid in with. Fill up, run through gears, get to 40 C, pull adapter out, let fluid run out until it stops, put the plug back in. Real easy. If you are going to pump the fluid in by quart and it will get a little messy. I have a maching that I fill with fluid and then pressurize and fill trans.

Quick Reply: 100k maintainence items