Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So fast you would think it was last years V8! (The 2011 True Hollywood Story)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 11:51 AM
gte
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really happy to read your thoughts. I was able to drive both V6 and V8 but never at the same dealer. I loved the power of the S, but also liked the lighter more nimble feel of the V6. I really kicked around which direction I should go. I finally decided on the V6 with the intention of driving it for about 3+ years and then picking up a low milage used turbo version. It sounds like after reading your post I couldn't have made a bad decision either way.

Thanks for your post.

George
Old 03-27-2011, 12:39 PM
AJRDU
Intermediate

What a great post! It is very exciting to have someone feel that way about the V6. I ordered a V6 in January. It has a April build. I can't wait. I'm coming out of a 2010 E550 Coupe which is plenty quick, but has very little utility and isn't sports car nimble. After driving a V6 in a test drive, I can say that I won't miss the around town power of the Benz and I'll get to actually carry stuff with me while getting the same or better mileage.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:56 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 125 Posts

just curious to know how many of your V6'ers got a 6sp manual tranny? Last i heard, they've only imported 12 into the US. I guess that makes me #13. I'm sure there are more but they def seem few and far between. A majority of the dealerships i went to didn't even want to try to get one made!

I'm so psyched for mine and w/ a manual tranny, i think it'll be even more fun to drive!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 01:06 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GBX
just curious to know how many of your V6'ers got a 6sp manual tranny? Last i heard, they've only imported 12 into the US. I guess that makes me #13. I'm sure there are more but they def seem few and far between. A majority of the dealerships i went to didn't even want to try to get one made!

I'm so psyched for mine and w/ a manual tranny, i think it'll be even more fun to drive!!!
i wanted to, but many people talked me out of it, including friends at dealers... i've heard it's amazing, dont get me wrong but i just wasn't sure how i would be with a manual "truck" but see'ing how the car acts and feels like a sports car over a truck.. it could be very interesting/fun.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:41 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
i wanted to, but many people talked me out of it, including friends at dealers... i've heard it's amazing, dont get me wrong but i just wasn't sure how i would be with a manual "truck" but see'ing how the car acts and feels like a sports car over a truck.. it could be very interesting/fun.
i was fortunate to find a cancelation at a local dealer so i was able to desk drive one. Felt like i was driving my dad's 911, just much higher off the ground. This truck is as sporty as it gets. Can't wait to get mine to give you some better feed back w/ more time behind the wheel
Old 03-27-2011, 05:14 PM
AJRDU
Intermediate

That is a rare find indeed. I was going to order a manual, but (like others) was talked out of it by my dealer and several folks that I trust. It would have been blind faith to order one for me as there were none to drive anywhere around. I liked the performance of the auto enough to be happy. What I found interesting is that Porsche even says depreciation on the manual is higher--higher lease rates on their site when you "estimate payments". I guess the rarity is out weighed by the number of people unable or unwilling to drive a manual.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:17 AM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Great review!
I ordered a V-6, and your comments have helped to keep me happy with my choices.
I did go with the leather, 14 way seats, nav, radio & air suspension though. I will be living with this truck for up to 30k a year for at least 8 years. Love our Lexus 400h, but this will be my true road pig.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:39 AM
Nemic
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Really nice review and great photo's, thanks :-)

I am getting the V6 Diesel. and it felt pretty quick on the test drives I did - including an overnight loan :-)

Can't wait for it to arrive . . .

Quick Reply: So fast you would think it was last years V8! (The 2011 True Hollywood Story)