Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My CTT is stuck in port - Cayenne V8 Stop Sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 09:29 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 77 Posts

Don't know if I understand the TSB as my car was completed production on 8 Feb and was delivered to the Port of Houston on 9 March, I took delivery without incident last week. If week 45 was last November and it is for cars produced prior to that date why are your cars being held OR is it cars after week 45 and mine is in that number and slipped through. Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:36 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Aperture776
I just picked up my CS on the 28th of Feb. I wonder if it was updated or not.
Originally Posted by f4 plt
Don't know if I understand the TSB as my car was completed production on 8 Feb and was delivered to the Port of Houston on 9 March, I took delivery without incident last week. If week 45 was last November and it is for cars produced prior to that date why are your cars being held OR is it cars after week 45 and mine is in that number and slipped through. Inquiring minds want to know.
I don't quite understand the 45/2010 cutoff the way it's worded either but bottom line apparently some vehicles were affected and some were not. My salesman said that out of approximately 500 cars with the potentially faulty DME computer 3 were assigned to his dealership and mine was one of them. Supposedly there is a list of affected VIN's so your dealer could check for you. My advice to you f4 and Aperture, and everyone else out there is to wait until failure occurs if it ever does. I don't want you folks who already have your cars sucking up the spare computers so I can get mine off the dock.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:55 PM
jrams31
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI- I called my service department to see if I was impacted. They said no but I was flagged for two open recalls. One for the "oil sensor" and the other related to Titronic. Both software upgrades. My build was complete 11/30/10.

Quick Reply: My CTT is stuck in port - Cayenne V8 Stop Sale