Sponsored by:

Gurgling sound after shutdown

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 11:29 AM
Time-Pilot
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gurgling sound after shutdown

Is it normal to get a "gurgling" sound from the passenger foot well/floor area after shutdown? It sounds like bubbles in water boiling up and you can hear it for several minuets after shutdown.

I'm used to this noise on my 911 as it's the oil cooler up front exchanging oil back to the sump. But I didn't think the CTT had an oil cooler like a 911. It's a 2004 CTT BTW.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:07 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Time-Pilot
Is it normal to get a "gurgling" sound from the passenger foot well/floor area after shutdown? It sounds like bubbles in water boiling up and you can hear it for several minuets after shutdown.

I'm used to this noise on my 911 as it's the oil cooler up front exchanging oil back to the sump. But I didn't think the CTT had an oil cooler like a 911. It's a 2004 CTT BTW.
The coolant fill/overflow reservoir is located on the passenger side firewall in the engine bay right on the other side of the windshield.

Since gurgling suggests air is in the system I would check the seal on the reservoir cap as it might be loose or cracked... and I'd check the coolant fill level at the same time.

Of course, I would check it only after the system had cooled down... like overnight.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:38 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The A/C will gurgle for a bit after shutdown as the pressures equalize.

If your ECON button hasn't been engaged, chances are strong that it's liquid refrigerant migrating into the evaporator up until the expansion valve closes. The A/C compressor works all the time, even during winter months.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:02 PM
Time-Pilot
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will check both, thank you guys.

Quick Reply: Gurgling sound after shutdown