Sponsored by:

Coolant Pipes still metal - February 2011

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 09:03 AM
s4for5
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Coolant Pipes still metal - February 2011

Just had my coolant pipes replaced under cpo on my 06 S.
I told the dealership I was losing coolant slowly over time with no puddles on the garage floor along with wiffs of coolant smell.
Pressure test confirmed slight leakage.
No problem getting it done, they confirmed the "new" pipes are still metallic, not plastic or pvc. Part #'s 948-106-049-07 ...948-106-059-06
Cleaned down the whole engine\trans during the process.
5.5 hours labor listed.
Also replaced my windscreen wiper motor under cpo.
Overall, very good experience at Burlington Herb Chambers Porsche\Audi.
Interesting to note the service writer said things were dead in service as "Porsche people don't drive their cars in the winter"...lol
No loaner possible as they only had Panamara courtesy cars and with all the snow up here in New England they were not lending them out and won't put snow tires on them for only three months.
Mental note made to find a reason in the summer to get a loaner
Drive safe

Last edited by s4for5; 02-11-2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:24 AM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by s4for5
No loaner possible as they only had Panamara courtesy cars and with all the snow up here in New England they were not lending them out and won't put snow tires on them for only three months.
Mental note made to find a reason in the summer to get a loaner
Drive safe
Then they will tell you that all the loaners are gone due to service business volume

Old 02-11-2011, 09:26 AM
jsrbrown
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's good to hear. I too just got my coolant pipes replaced under a third party warranty. Porsche of Annapolis had the car for a bit as I had a few other trim items that also need parts ordered but all in all I'm very satisfied with how I was treated. CPO or a reputable third party warranty company seem to be key to owning these.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Mark Brillo
Instructor

OT: Jsrbrown.. do you mind to share where did you get your 3rd party warranty for the cayenne? thanks
Old 02-11-2011, 10:03 AM
jsrbrown
Intermediate

I bought it through the dealer. Its warrantied through Toyota Financial Services and is the warranty Johnson Porsche uses with their Lexus Franchise. I don't have the particulars right in front of me, but I can get to them later this evening. There are three levels, which I think is probably pretty standard for warranty companies. I chose the middle one which was a 3year/36000 mile plan. It seemed to cover everything that I thought might go wrong with the Pepper. The 5 year 50K warranty may have given a bit more bumper to bumper but I didn't feel like springing the extra $2k to get it. I do think a decent dealer is also key in the scenario. I'm not sure what constitutes a premier rating but this dealer seems to have that in their corner as well.

Quick Reply: Coolant Pipes still metal - February 2011