Sponsored by:

Ordered a 2011 CS

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Muhanad
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered a 2011 CS

Hello guys i'm new here and i thought of posting the specs for the Cs i ordered and what thoughts are there about it

Dark Blue Metallic
Two-tone leather interior Black/Titanium Blue
Roof spoiler separation edge painted
Wing mirror painted
Panoramic Roof System
Automatically dimming exterior and interior mirrors
Reversing camera including ParkAssist front and rear
Stainless steel front and rear apron
Sports exhaust system
(PTV Plus)(PDCC)
(TMS)
Instruments dials in Guards Red
Seat ventilation front
Lane Change Assist (LCA)
Adaptive cruise controlx
Light comfort package
18-way Adaptive sports seats incl. memory package
Three-spoke multi-function steering wheel Carbon incl.
Carbon interior package
Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System
21 sport edition wheels

if anyone have tried the adaptive cruse control or the burmester sound system please tell me what you think of them should i keep the adaptive cc or take it out because in my lexus IS it suffocates me whenever i maneuver between vehicles. is it the same in the cs or different?

also if anyone has some real life pics of titanium blue interior please post them.

Thanks
Old 02-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

For what that thing will cost buy the turbo
Old 02-08-2011, 05:57 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 62 Posts

Welcome to Rennlist. Please use the search button and type in Burmester, you will see plenty of threads on this topic. Here is my review of the Burmester. Go to post # 73 on this thread that I started. https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=76429

Burmester is one of the best systems out there. But if you predominantly listen to compressed format music like MP3 or satellite radio then you may not get the best out of the Burmester system. I hope you have ordered PASM and air suspension. I like the fact that you went for PDCC and PTV. Did you see if you fit in easy with the 18-way seats. It could get uncomfortable for some ?
Old 02-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
I hope you have ordered PASM and air suspension. I like the fact that you went for PDCC and PTV.
He must have. PDCC requires PASM/AS as a prerequisite.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:07 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

That's what I thought too Mike, but it has been a loooong time since I played with the configurator.. so I forgot
Old 02-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Muhanad
Intermediate

Thanks for the replies

I tried the seats and i liked the feel they had but the dealer suggested the standard ones saying they are more comfortable but i like sport seats.

I'm from Saudi Arabia and the standard model here has different specs than the US model. for the CS Nav, Bose sound system, Air suspension, auto tailgate, moon roof, and bi xenon headlamps are standard. but it costs more than the US model.
as for getting a turbo still after all these specs i'm still 30k away from the base turbo. and i liked the way the cs drove it had enough power to excite me. plus it's my first v8 so i kinda want it to be naturally aspired

Thanks again
Old 02-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

To the OP, here are my thoughts on the Burmester. I'm an audiophile so I was very tempted to order this system on my new CS. The thing is, an automobile is a very difficult audio environment. A Cayenne between 50-70 mph is going to have a noise level in the mid 70db range which while good for a car is horrible for a listening room. It's a bit like having a vacuum cleaner going constantly in the next room while you're trying to listen critically to your big buck audiophile home system; that would be intolerable. With that kind of noise threshold many of the qualities of a truly superior system like low noise and distortion, clarity, and dynamic range are going to be compromised anyway, which is why spending the extra $4K (here in the US) on the Burmester over the Bose seemed like a bit of a waste to me.

If you just want to say you have the best, or spend a lot of time listening to your car system in your garage or parked in traffic, then you'll be able to fully appreciate having spent that extra money. Otherwise, maybe not so much. No doubt others may have a different opinion, but there are certain facts that can't be denied. How much they matter to you is between you and your pocketbook. Obviously, just my $.02.

BTW, it sounds like your car will be a beauty.

Last edited by Mike in CA; 02-08-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
That's what I thought too Mike, but it has been a loooong time since I played with the configurator.. so I forgot
Yeah Amar, you don't have to still fiddle with that vicarious stuff, you've got your darn car, unlike some of us!
Old 02-09-2011, 10:45 AM
Muhanad
Intermediate

Thank you mike for your insight on the Burmester, it's very helpful i'll think about it although it's a 2.5k option here and if i spare it it will just be another dress for the wife

did anyone try the adaptive cruse control?
Old 02-09-2011, 11:13 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Yeah Amar, you don't have to still fiddle with that vicarious stuff, you've got your darn car, unlike some of us!

Mike, I will agree with your comments on the Burm and be the first one to admit that eventhough I am an audiophile, I ordered the Burm partly for the "wow" factor that it brings to the table. There is no question that there are plenty of other more desirable options when compared to the Burm, options on which your money is better spent like PASM, AS, PDCC and PTV. I see several folks spending for PTV but not PDCC because of the cost. The confidence that the PDCC brings to the table with zero body lean is what will make you tap into the benefits of PTV. Trust me on that statement.

Quick Reply: Ordered a 2011 CS