Sponsored by:

more interior cayenne pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 02:00 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 67 Posts
Default more interior cayenne pics

Didn't want to highjack w00t's awesome options thread so I thought I'd start a new post to expand on how the buttons are layed out with limited options. My rig is a 2011 Cayenne V6. I don't have PASM, heated steering wheel, heated windshield nor any rear seat options. Pardon the dust!

I included a pic of the small cubby under the arm rest featuring my scratched ipod I leave in there. It's plugged in via usb just like you would to your pc. I have a separate charger plugged to the electrical outlet to charge my iphone.
Attached Images        
Old 02-06-2011, 04:43 PM
mt-sfo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the pics!
Old 02-06-2011, 04:45 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

thank you for post, ... i see the homelink is standard (thank you porsche!)

you have heated seats i see, parking assist and sunroof!? (some buttons filled) also LED lighting?

3ft Ipod cable here: black or white iPod Cable

not sure if your interested, i bought these for my Cayenne: (they were like 30$ after discount) Pedals

Love the Standard Black trim, i ordered the same.. jealous of the Navi however (do you use it in the cluster? or look to the main screen?)

i was reading manual about the AC vents and opening/closing the top vents... and glove box vent and so forth... just so many hidden treasures in these cars.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Norsk
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 89 Posts

Jeez, I was thinking of snaking an IPod cable down to that little compartment between the seats and leaving my Ipod there, but the wad of bills looks much better.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:46 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rijowysock
thank you for post, ... i see the homelink is standard (thank you porsche!)

you have heated seats i see, parking assist and sunroof!? (some buttons filled) also LED lighting?

3ft Ipod cable here: black or white iPod Cable

not sure if your interested, i bought these for my Cayenne: (they were like 30$ after discount) Pedals

Love the Standard Black trim, i ordered the same.. jealous of the Navi however (do you use it in the cluster? or look to the main screen?)

i was reading manual about the AC vents and opening/closing the top vents... and glove box vent and so forth... just so many hidden treasures in these cars.
Yes, I have heated seats, park assist and sunroof. The two empty buttons up there would be for rear light and ambient light controls. If I had panoramic roof, there'd be a separate switch behind the sunroof switch. The large white area is one large light that turns on automatically when you open the doors. It's a warmer light which I wish were a better match to the cool LED lights that are directed to the right and left. There's a tiny LED light in between these two lights.

I kept the map up on the instrument cluster at first just because it looked cool. But I still can't figure out how to get the time to show below it when the car is moving. It now is usually on the tire pressure monitor screen which already help me find a screw in my 2mo tires. Main screen is usually displaying music source.

I dug out the manual to read about the AC vents. I always wondered what that dial was in the left side of the glove compartment. I wonder how cool it stays in there.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:23 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by daddyscar
Yes, I have heated seats, park assist and sunroof. The two empty buttons up there would be for rear light and ambient light controls. If I had panoramic roof, there'd be a separate switch behind the sunroof switch. The large white area is one large light that turns on automatically when you open the doors. It's a warmer light which I wish were a better match to the cool LED lights that are directed to the right and left. There's a tiny LED light in between these two lights.

I kept the map up on the instrument cluster at first just because it looked cool. But I still can't figure out how to get the time to show below it when the car is moving. It now is usually on the tire pressure monitor screen which already help me find a screw in my 2mo tires. Main screen is usually displaying music source.

I dug out the manual to read about the AC vents. I always wondered what that dial was in the left side of the glove compartment. I wonder how cool it stays in there.
they say it stays cool, but not fridgerated (so... 50?)

did you read about opening/closing the top vents on the dash to "mellow" the air flow?... i read manual like 5x now and found buncha cool stuff..
Old 02-06-2011, 09:26 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 413 Likes on 211 Posts

...But I still can't figure out how to get the time to show below it when the car is moving.
There is a menu in the dash that allows you to adjust what shows in both the upper and lower lines of that display. The time and temp can be displayed, which is how I have mine set, with the compass in the upper line.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:16 AM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rijowysock
they say it stays cool, but not fridgerated (so... 50?)

did you read about opening/closing the top vents on the dash to "mellow" the air flow?... i read manual like 5x now and found buncha cool stuff..
I'll test out the glovebox cooler on the next hot day. I like to think that all controls on modern cars should be intuitive. I quickly read about the top vents but I'm still not clear on them. I've played around with the HVAC controls a few times and still find myself manually lowering the fan level. I think it's time to sit with the manual in the car.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:21 AM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by slwong23
There is a menu in the dash that allows you to adjust what shows in both the upper and lower lines of that display. The time and temp can be displayed, which is how I have mine set, with the compass in the upper line.
I just played with this again through the column stock controls and still can't get the clock to display on the bottom of the map screen of the cluster while I'm driving. I'm pretty good at figuring stuff like this out so I'm wondering if I have a different software version. I got my Cayenne at the end of Nov.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:55 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

I'll test out the glovebox cooler on the next hot day. I like to think that all controls on modern cars should be intuitive. I quickly read about the top vents but I'm still not clear on them. I've played around with the HVAC controls a few times and still find myself manually lowering the fan level. I think it's time to sit with the manual in the car.
u can also adjust in the PCM the air level to be soft/normal/strong (page 76)

the top vent is called "extended ventilation panel" page 75

page 111, lays out the in cluster views (might help with clock)
Old 02-07-2011, 03:07 AM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 413 Likes on 211 Posts

I just played with this again through the column stock controls and still can't get the clock to display on the bottom of the map screen of the cluster while I'm driving. I'm pretty good at figuring stuff like this out so I'm wondering if I have a different software version. I got my Cayenne at the end of Nov.
Hmm. Maybe so? From page 111 of the manual, it's in the Vehicle - Settings - Display menu. I have the multi steering wheel and just took delivery, so maybe I do have a different version of the software?
Old 02-07-2011, 12:15 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys. I went to p111 in the manual and it's pretty much what I observed when I played with it yesterday. Just to be clear on the problem. When I have the multi-display on the cluster behind the steering wheel set to the map, the time will only display when I'm applying the brakes. On all the other multi-screen options, the time displays at the bottom even while I'm driving. I'm now thinking the problem is related to a software version or the sport steering wheel. I need to take my car in to get the front plates mounted so I'll check that out.

I have system version V2.20.

Last edited by daddyscar; 02-07-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:36 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

Very nice shots. My favorite is the first one. Great job. Thanks for posting.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:03 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Thanks guys. I went to p111 in the manual and it's pretty much what I observed when I played with it yesterday. Just to be clear on the problem. When I have the multi-display on the cluster behind the steering wheel set to the map, the time will only display when I'm applying the brakes. On all the other multi-screen options, the time displays at the bottom even while I'm driving. I'm now thinking the problem is related to a software version or the sport steering wheel. I need to take my car in to get the front plates mounted so I'll check that out.

I have system version V2.20.
thats honestly comical (press brakes for time)

sounds like a software issue, hopefully someone else with Nav can chime in...

i dont think the sport wheel would make any difference as its essentially the same as the multifunction just with the "functions" in a different place.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:39 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

I did not have time to read the entire follow-up posts. Just saw the inital pics and posted my earlier comment. I do agree with Riley. Sport wheel should not make a difference. I am so amazed at how the car feels, rides and handles that I don't have time to look into everything else that is on tap. It is hard to check into the features when you think you are crusing at 30 mph and then you see the dash only to note that you are doing 80 mph.

Quick Reply: more interior cayenne pics